Just A Wondering Thought

sonzo90210

There has been many pokemon hack games that I'v gotten to play over the past few years and it has got me thinking. Maybe I'd like to make my own that others could potentially enjoy. Though I'm still a starter and don't have much experience when it comes to things of this caliber. So I was wondering what would be the essential tools/programs that I would need and how would I be able to practice creating trainers and so forth. I'm curious but also would like advice and tips on how I should get started if possible. Thank you.

Depends on which method of making a game you want to take.

You could hack a Rom of an official game and get things done by several tools in which case you have to use individual tools for it which vary for each function a quick goggle search will help you with that.

Or you Could make a game like Reborn by using Pokemon essentials and RPG maker(you have to pay but take my word well worth it)

Youtube videos with guides also help out alot if you are starting but after you figure out how to do something once it starts to get easier and you will get a hand of it and to start just check out the programs a bit a you will figure it out.

Edited by NovaKnight

RPG Maker is going to be easier. It also is far more flexible, and you can do a lot more with it. ROMs have a limit to how much you can do. If I remember correctly, Pokemon Glazed actually hit that limit and used up all of the maps they can in Emerald.

You're going to need RPGMakerXP for Essentials to work as it is a pack for that.

Pokemon Essentials is pretty much a pack of graphics, some music and all of the scripts you'd need for the stuff from the main series to work. This means the battle system, the moves and their effects, the pokemon themselves, HMs and a whole host of other things are prescripted for you and it saves a lot of work.

You're going to need RPGMakerXP for Essentials to work as it is a pack for that.

Pokemon Essentials is pretty much a pack of graphics, some music and all of the scripts you'd need for the stuff from the main series to work. This means the battle system, the moves and their effects, the pokemon themselves, HMs and a whole host of other things are prescripted for you and it saves a lot of work.

interesting. I currently have a trainer sprite that I'm trying to work with using MS Paint but I'm still trying to get it sorted out.