Playing Reborn on iPad

nehthan

Is it even possible? I don't have a computer right now and I was hoping to continue playing (even if it means starting a new game). Can I do so on an iPad or am I going to have to wait to get another computer?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give!

I don't think there is any official support for an iPad version, as doing something like that may require you to modify it in (potentially) un-endorsed ways. I'm ninety nine percent sure none of the authors of Reborn have made anything close to an IOS version of the game.

• Developers

Is iPad using the same operating system as a macbook? If so then you might be able to install wine and play Reborn with that. I just don't see a point in doing such a thing because the game would not recognize touch events anyway and you'd have to use some sort of virtual keyboard.

I do not know if it is possible on a iPad but i know it is possible to play rpg maker games on android i belive there is an app dont quote me on it tho if there is no app there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it

While the idea of playing Reborn on IOS is intriguing, I doubt it will happen, seeing as how there hasn't been an official Pokemon game on IOS. (By official, I mean B&W, X&Y, ect:),

Reborn isn't an official game, though, so why would it matter? It's not like Reborn would be an .apk posted on the Play Store; Nintendo would C&D that in a heartbeat. More likely, what would happen would be one of two options:

1. The game would be ported and made into an .apk (or iOS equivalent), uploaded to a file-sharing site and linked only on this website, or
  2. The game would be emulated in an RPG Maker emulator.

Those are really your only options, and as porting the game manually would be extremely time-consuming and difficult, the latter is more likely to happen. As far as I can tell from my research, though, the only Android option (Neko RPGXP Player) isn't compatible with Essentials, as it makes a lot of Win32 calls and functions that only work on Windows, and the same goes with mkxp for iOS.