Snorlax move suggestions?

Mr. Penglog

Hey guys, I'm planning to add a snorlax to my main team but I can't seem to pick between these two movesets. Mind helping me out?

1st Snorlax (with Chesto Berry):

Substitute

Rest

Recycle

Body Slam

2nd Snorlax (with Leftovers)

Substitute

Belly Drum

Rest

Body Slam

Or do you guys think that I should drop substitute to make room for other moves?

Thanks!!

I feel like it is hard to have a nice moveset so far for snorlax as you cannot breed it yet with the full incense being unavailable. You have two very good movesets really focused on body slam however you do not cover ghost types and most of the types resistant to normal attacks.

So far without curse and zen headbutt being available a moveset with more cover and available in the current episodes would be

Snorlax (leftovers those things were made for snorlax)

Body Slam

Crunch

Brick Break (hi steel/rock/ice/dark types)

Defense curl (def stats are atrocious on snorlax but it can tank a few hits to set it up)/ substitute/ double team

But then the two moveset you proposed for a full body slammer are nice as well !

Edited by Akysos

Breed Snorlax with a Bergmite or Avalugg, get Curse onto it.

Run Rest, Sleep Talk and Body Slam. If you don't want to be stopped by ghosts, run Crunch instead of sleep talk.

Leftovers is the best item if you have sleep talk; chesto works fine otherwise, but in-game it doesn't matter because you can always use an awakening or something to wake it up. Hell, in-game, even rest is unnecessary because you can use hyper potions, so you can just run Curse + 3 attacks (though rest is still useful)

I feel like it is hard to have a nice moveset so far for snorlax as you cannot breed it yet with the full incense being unavailable. You have two very good movesets really focused on body slam however you do not cover ghost types and most of the types resistant to normal attacks.

So far without curse and zen headbutt being available a moveset with more cover and available in the current episodes would be

Snorlax (leftovers those things were made for snorlax)

Body Slam

Crunch

Brick Break (hi steel/rock/ice/dark types)

Defense curl (def stats are atrocious on snorlax but it can tank a few hits to set it up)/ substitute/ double team

But then the two moveset you proposed for a full body slammer are nice as well !

Breed Snorlax with a Bergmite or Avalugg, get Curse onto it.

Run Rest, Sleep Talk and Body Slam. If you don't want to be stopped by ghosts, run Crunch instead of sleep talk.

Leftovers is the best item if you have sleep talk; chesto works fine otherwise, but in-game it doesn't matter because you can always use an awakening or something to wake it up. Hell, in-game, even rest is unnecessary because you can use hyper potions, so you can just run Curse + 3 attacks (though rest is still useful)

I finally made up my mind. Thanks guys for your great suggestions ^_^ So I'll be using Substitute, Rest, Body Slam and Curse.

Edited by Mr. Penglog

I feel like it is hard to have a nice moveset so far for snorlax as you cannot breed it yet with the full incense being unavailable.

You can breed Snorlax anyway, like in the generations when we didn't have Munchlax yet. The egg will just hatch into a Snorlax.

You can breed natures and IVs through snorlax but you need the incense to learn the egg moves through munchlax so curse is not available yet.

You could replace curse with crunch to be able to hit ghost types

Edited by Akysos

You can breed natures and IVs through snorlax but you need the incense to learn the egg moves through munchlax so curse is not available yet.

You could replace curse with crunch to be able to hit ghost types

I believe snorlax could learn the egg move curse even without going through munchlax first.

You sure you don't want to teach it Giga Impact? With STAB and an item that boosts the strength of normal types like silk scarf, that thing could do some serious damage.

Yeah giga impact is cool but I think snorlax that could successfully set up a few curses could be a potential sweeper with just body slam. And if I replace body slam with giga impact, then I would have to waste a turn in order to attack again as with curse+body slam, you just need to set-up in the beginning and just rest+awakening if health gets too low. Thanks though! Giga Impact with STAB and silk scarf is sure scary.

I believe snorlax could learn the egg move curse even without going through munchlax first.

You are damn right, I thought all the egg moves were to be learnt through the baby pokemons! Well very good to know going to put it on my snorlax asap thanks