Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Numel and Teddiursa (+ misc. questions)

Character OS

Question

So checking the Pokemon Location guide, it says Numel and Teddiursa appear in the Peridot Ward, but I can't get them to show up.

I've tried Clear, Rain, Thunderstorm, day and night for each of those, and I still cannot find Numel at the Peridot train station (and yes, I do have a Pokesnax in my inventory). And I've seen videos showing that Teddiursa seems to start near the bottom of the Peridot Ward, but whatever the time of day or weather condition, that bear isn't showing up either. Any other conditions needed? I have no badges yet, if that matters.

And in the interest of saving thread space, there's a few more questions I'd like to ask:

Will I get easy access to happiness-increasing berries or massages anytime soon? I really want Budew to be at max happiness before Level 16 so he can learn Leech Seed as a Roselia.

Will I be able to catch Noibats at a significantly higher level later on? I am very interested in Noivern, but my Noibat is being a pain to raise and she doesn't seem like she'll get much better until her very late evolution, so if I could save some effort...

Julia's Electrode is giving me a lot of grief and I love it. Still, is there any Pokemon available at this point (if Numel isn't) that does well against it? Even with 3-4 Pokemon still completely healthy by the time it comes out, Electrode alone sweeps everything, even if I have gotten it in the red a couple times - if only Paralysis worked or if I had a reliable method of Poison/Burn.

Lastly, I want Munna, but I also like the idea of Bibarel's Headbutt giving me access to more Pokemon and Simple/Unaware are really interesting abilities. To trade or not to trade?

Edited by Character OS

11 answers to this question

I think both of them show up only after beating Julia (imagine how OP a Numel would be for the first gym).

You'll get access to a beauty Salon as early as Obsidia Ward.

You'll get lvl 40ish Noivern much later on.

Electrode can be a pain indeed. Priority moves or moves that do a fixed amount of damage are most effective against it, but these are very scarce early on. Care to tell us what mons you use so we can help you better?

Yeah, I'd love a Numel for the first gym...well, guess lack of Ground type access is part of the challenge. Thanks for the answers!

And Obsidia Ward? Is that an area available soon after the first gym? I'm a new player, so I don't know these things.

As for what mons I'm using:

Level 16 Braixen

Level 16 Tynamo

Level 16 Blitzle

Level 15 Whismur

Level 14 Budew

Level 14 Butterfree (or Level 12 Bidoof)

Butterfree and Bidoof are near useless this gym. If I could just replace that last slot with one decent mon I might be able to do it.

Edited by Character OS

Obsidia Ward is the very next area you'll go to after beating Julia, so yep, it's coming soon enough! (should have told you right away, dunno why I assumed you would know where it is right off the bat)

Well, you didn't pick one of the easiest starters to begin with, but we'll find a way to make it work! Braixen and Blitzle are the best mons on your team right now imo, but Butterfree is only going to drag your team down I'm afraid. If you still have a Pokésnax, check the trash containers in southern Peridot. A Gulpin will jump out one of them. Catch it and replace Butts with it, it has a decent amount of HP and hits fairly hard with Sludge.

Ah...hahaha...actually I knocked that one out, and didn't bother resetting because I would've lost quite a bit of progress and I don't like Gulpin anyways. As far as Poison types go I already have an Ekans partially trained up. Might give it a few more levels and then give it another try.

EDIT: Also I found the Teddiursa even though I was certain it wasn't there an hour ago, or yesterday. Actually...yes, I'll try Teddiursa.

Edited by Character OS

Oh no, why does nobody liek teh Gulpin...

I'd say go for Ekans then. Anything will do better than Butts or Bidoof for that gym really. Besides, Ekans can easily solo a certain boss you'll encounter not long after. Also, the game is still pretty generous at this point since the default level cap allows you to outlevel Julia's mons by up to 5 levels. Just grind a little bit and it should be much easier. You won't be able to do that for other leaders tho.

Oh, last thing that might help you against Julia!

The Kricketot you get from a lady in one of Peridot buildings is an early game beast! It learns Fury Cutter at level 10, so if you manage to set up you can OHKO or 2HKO anything on Julia's team with it.

Interesting. Another early-evolve Bug. Maybe I'll use it if I need to later.

Anyways, I went in with Teddiursa in the end and won against Julia with 5 Pokemon left alive...not because of anything Teddiursa did, but because Electrode missed Sonicboom TWICE on my Tynamo who was already like, +3 on Sp. Atk by the time Electrode came out. That was just evasion hax working in my favor. Thanks for the tips though!

Edited by Character OS

I think both of them show up only after beating Julia (imagine how OP a Numel would be for the first gym).

You'll get access to a beauty Salon as early as Obsidia Ward.

You'll get lvl 40ish Noivern much later on.

Electrode can be a pain indeed. Priority moves or moves that do a fixed amount of damage are most effective against it, but these are very scarce early on. Care to tell us what mons you use so we can help you better?

its actually 48 that you get noivern, which is a real pain cause you don't get the exp share till post average of lv 50, he better switch train the crap out of noibat cause that thing is useless up until then, or he could catch a level 30 one later down the road.

Edited by Pluto