Breeding Archeops and Corsola

N@G@TO

HI,

I have a male archeops and a female corsola(with head smash attack). How do i breed them to get a archen that knows head smash.

I kept ditto and archen in day care center hoping that i would get an egg but to my surprise they didn't get along according to day care guy. so i went to agate circus and got another 5 plume fossils and all are males.

coming to the corsola, I kept archen and corsola in day care and hatched 2 eggs and both are females.

Any suggestions about how exactly should i breed to get an archen with head smash??

post-67683-0-62280400-1476649453_thumb.png

Ok, I'll try to explain this as best I can. I'm sorry if anything comes off as unclear; I'll be happy to explain further if you need me to.

So, when you put two Pokemon in the Day Care to breed, the Old Man outside the Day Care will say 1 of 4 phrases, which indicates the chance of an egg appearing after every cycle of 256 steps (steps are basically just the term for your character's movement. When your character moves from one tile on the map to another, that is one step). When the Old Man says "Those two don't really seem to like each other very much" (which is what appears to be the case in your scenario), that does not mean that an egg cannot be generated. It simply means you have about a 20% chance to generate an egg with the two Pokemon you currently have in the Day Care; for example, your Ditto and Archen may not "like each other very much," but they still have a 20% chance to produce an egg after every cycle of 256 steps. In your scenario, you need a female Archen and a Male Corsola with Head Smash. So, your best bet would just be to breed Corsola with Ditto in order to obtain a male Corsola with Head Smash (ever since Generation 6, both parents can pass on egg moves, meaning this should be possible). Afterwards, breed Ditto with Archen in order to obtain a female Archen. Then, breed your Female Archen and male Corsola with Head Smash to get an Archen with Head Smash.

As for genders, you've just been unlucky. Every Pokemon has a gender ratio, which is the chance of a Pokemon being male versus the chance of it being female. Essentially, it's how often you'll encounter either a male or female version of a Pokemon. Corsola has gender ratio of 25%-75%, meaning that 25% of the time, it will be male, and 75% of the time, it will be female. Archen, on the other hand, has an 87.5%-12.5% gender ratio, meaning that 87.5% of the time, it will be male, and 12.5% of the time, it will be female. Really, there isn't much you can do to circumvent this other than just breeding a lot. Just keep hatching eggs until one of the offspring is the gender you need (and in Corsola's case, has Head Smash).

You can also check out this link for more info on breeding mechanics: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding

It has a lot of information that you might find useful, and it should answer most of your questions. Hope this helped!

Edited by KuroCovers

Yes archeops needs to be mother and corsola be the father. But how exactly i can get them as according to bulbapedia there are only 12.5% female archen and 25% male corsola. And i have 6 archens which are males should i just keep solving that puzzle until i get a female archeops??

Yes archeops needs to be mother and corsola be the father. But how exactly i can get them as according to bulbapedia there are only 12.5% female archen and 25% male corsola. And i have 6 archens which are males should i just keep solving that puzzle until i get a female archeops??

Just keep breeding Archen with a Ditto and pray you get a female.

Its tedious, but you'll get one eventually.

@KuroCovers

Thank you for the explanation and also suggestion. Almost all the corsola i bred have head smash as egg move so i guess it won't pose a problem.But the real problem is the gender disparities of both pokemons. Isn't there any hack/trick to get female archen and male corsola :).

Guess luck is not on my side
Till now i have 11 male archens and 6 female corsolas :(

Edited by N@G@TO

@KuroCovers

Thank you for the explanation and also suggestion. Almost all the corsola i bred have head smash as egg move so i guess it won't pose a problem.But the real problem is the gender disparities of both pokemons. Isn't there any hack/trick to get female archen and male corsola :).

Sadly, there is no trick for this. You can't manipulate genders like you can abilities or natures. You're playing into luck's hands. That said, I do wish you the best of luck, and I hope that you end up with your Head Smash Archen soon!

@KuroCovers

Bruh, I remember trying to breed a female Chespin and got around 30-50 males. No shinies either which was a pretty huge bummer.

Also tried grinding for a female Eevee and got 2 shines.