A Field of Anemone. [CW/Feedback.]

Raindrop Valkyrie

A sea of unwavering purple sorrow. The gentle wind of despair blew through the world, cutting through my body with relative ease. There was no resistance as it lazily pushed through whatever defense I could've mustered. Was it even worth it to have tried?

I thought, and thought. The race of a mind while I sat in the field of curses, omens. Purple hexes that weighed me down. Coloured my thoughts purple, and I couldn't think of anything but the worst. What would I do? How would I live on? She was gone... darkness the only thing to replace the hole in my heart and soul. I found myself in this field of purple curses and I didn't even know how I got here. It'd had all happened so fast. Was this my penance?

The realization set in and time crawled. And yet, I couldn't remember the eternity before I was here. The years that had gone by in a few days. I struggled to remember them through the purple haze. I couldn't remember those days. I think they were too painful to keep on my mind. The haze had stopped me from looking back onto them. It forced me to stop holding onto the past. It wasn't worth breaking through it to only fixate on the things that could no longer change. But, when i first entered this field. The Anemone were white.

What changed?

It was the wind. The wind that now blew was the catalyst. For the little hexes and curses were the children of the wind. Daughters each. The wind that cut through me stained their petals purple. They were coloured with the sorrow that dwelled within me. Their white pale demeanor changed; The colour of death to that of purple magic. They had gone from the heralds of death, to pale purple soldiers, protecting me from myself. The wind served to cut from me the sorrow I had been suffering. It saw it fit to cut away the pain before I myself had. The sub-consensus wind. It always blew ahead of the course of my mind. It's soldiers had finished the job, they had heralded the soul of a loved one to the beyond, but they couldn't rest. No. They had but yet another task to fulfill. They must stand and hold the sorrow of another.

The wind lifted forth the sorrows of the past so that I may look forward to the path ahead. The haze the anemone fashioned, blocked the path to memories forgotten. It was so that I'd not be tempted to look and wallow within sorrow while it was yet to be removed. The hexes kept my eyes looking forward and my mind from the loss I had suffered. And once I made my decision to live on, the hexes lifted. They knew I'd no longer look to see my past, or at least that I'd never be swallowed whole by it. That I'd no longer drown in myself. So, the now soldiers, took my sorrows and drowned in them for me. They warded away the evils that were stagnation. The true curse that threatened to steal away my mind, and by that right... my body from me. They took upon the burden of sorrow, they did it for me so that I may live on.

I never saw the anemones as white because they had been protecting me from the start. I hadn't realized it. I thought them ill omens, curses for a future I'd never have. A mockery my mind had set for me. And, yet all that time they were drowning for me... why? Why did I deserve this? I don't think I'll ever know. But, that's fine. I'll walk forward with new meaning. I don't fear the unknown past this point anymore. I'm not afraid to live my life anymore. I walk in anticipation for the future, as I step from the Field of Anemone. No longer a sea of sorrow, but the sea that had once saved me, and taught me how I may still hold my head high no matter how dark the world becomes. Light always finds those who keep walking, those that keep pursuing. Those that endeavor to never settle with the sorrow in their hearts.