Good pokemon to ready for Amaria?

Lord C

Well, while episode 16 is yet to come, we have Saphira, Titania, Adrienn and Amaria as revealed leaders. Titania has a lvl 80 Aegislash and Amaria had a lvl75 Lapras a few episodes ago, which put them up as possible candidates of the next leader to be fought.

While Titania seems a bit dangerous, I already have a fair share of Fighting and Fire attacks, in addition to some Ground types to face her. ''Gee, Lord C, you do realize it won't be that easy, right?''

Yeah, I do. But I am far more worried with Amaria. She has a Lapras with Ice Beam and a Kingdra. Probably most of her pokemon will have Ice-Beam or something of the sort. She may have also an Azumarill in addition to that, so I guess my Dragons won't be much of help. Ice kills Grass, so that too. Also kills Flying and Water kills fire, so 4/6 of my main team are going down.

While I could try something with Electric-types, the only one I have currently with a good level is Rotom, so I'm probably gonna need a few electrics and probably some Grass pokemon. I don't think I will actually need an entire anti-Amaria team, I was just thinking of coming with a strategy and a possibly good/useful pokemon to use against her. (Kinda like Meowstic to Corey)

Recently, with my original Reborn game, I also thought about beating Amaria, while assuming the field will be indeed The Water Surface (and, by extension, the Underwater Field), and I came up with a few ideas concerning Electric Pokemons.

One of my choices, as a team Reserve, is Heliolisk. More precisely, Heliolisk with Parabolic Charge and Dry Skin as his Ability. Why? With Water Immunity, on top of the passive heal with the Field + Ability (on top of Leftovers, if you have), plus heal with Parabolic Charge, with a nice boost due to the Field (Plus your other Electric attack), he could last very long in this battle, while taking out every non-Ground Pokemon (if your Heliolisk has HP Grass, well, it could help).

I also came up with Eelektross. Thanks to his ability, is speed isn't halved, plus his nice coverage (and eventually Giga Drain if the Tutor is here, if not, Grass Knot) could allow him to perform well.

Edit : And while writing, I thought about Lanturn with Water Absorb, who could be a nice idea. But expect Amaria to have it too.

Edit2 : Well, I just realized while checking my Mons, and Heliolisk actually learns Grass Knot. No worries about getting the Grass HP.

Edited by Shinyrio

Ludicolo is an excellent choice for fighting Amaria due to type matchup alone. Make sure you keep it as a Lotad until level 30 for Giga Drain or level 36 for Energy Ball, though, because otherwise it will lack any powerful grass move, with Grass Knot and Mega Drain being the best options without that. But yeah, the Grass/Water typing will be invaluable against her, since it can handle field boosted Electric and Water attacks, as well as have the speed boost from Swift Swim, and also be able to tank a strong Ice coverage move or two. You might want HP Psychic or another teammate with Psychic coverage to handle the potential Tentacruel, however.

Alright, Heliolisk and Ludicolo seem solid. I guess my Hyper Voice Sylveon may tank a bit until he builds up power and my Hawlucha, in the small yet possible oportunity to use Swords Dance, may help too. From that are 4 mons, then comes Rotom-W and final one may be my Blaziken, since he may hit with fighting with enough power to kill before being killed the mons that have Ice in their typing.

INB4 next gym is actually Titania or some other

Mantine is an excellent special wall. Considering most water types are special attackers, and Amaria probably has many of those, plus she will most likely have a Polited for Drizzle, you'll get the swift swim boost so you can outspeed anything without swift swim and flinch with air slash.