Rain team

Conor

Last week i posted an RMT on my sand team now in an opposite way i'm trying to do the same with my rain team. again just give me some thoughts.

oh and also, like i do everywhere i apologize for my awful grammar.

Oh and quick grammar question. would it be "an" RMT or "a" RMT. i know basic grammar states it would be "a" but "an" sounds so right. anyways...

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Focus Blast

- Psychic

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

my weather starter. really just blasts leads that aren't a threat. if not i switch him out to ferrothorn mostly to keep my weather always handy in case of a weather war.

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Leech Seed

- Stealth Rock

- Thunder Wave

- Power Whip

great counter to most things, especially physical attacks. most of the time they'll switch out and ill use thunder wave to destroy there speed. the rest ya know set up rocks and leech seed stuff.

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Multiscale

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Agility

- Hurricane

- Thunder

- Focus Blast

okay this guy is one of my main sweepers. ill send him out and get in the agility to boost his speed to 518 i believe. this is tremendous because two of his moves left are boosted by rain and the final focus blast is for those ferrothorns or tyraintars that you didn't realize were there that switch in. happens more than you think with the tyraintars .

454.gif

Toxicroak (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Dry Skin

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Brick Break

- Sucker Punch

- Protect

dry skin gives toxicroak double recovery when paired with leftovers. this is why we have protect which will give him back approximately 1/5 of his health back. pretty much a monster once he gets a swords dance in. can brick break any thing like steel, rock, or yea. ALso with the right prediction skills sucker punch is boss, and i have amazing prediction skills. not even trying to tute my own horn but i do.

145.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Trait: Lightningrod

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Substitute

- Roost

- Hidden Power [ice]

pretty simple, switch into electric attacks that try to destroy my politoed. gets the boost that i sub while they switch their electric pokemon out. from there i recover with leftovers and use my sp attk boost to sweep with my choice of hp ice or thunder.

497.gif

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Contrary

EVs: 128 Def / 128 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Leaf Storm

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Giga Drain

- Taunt

okay final sweeper. this guy just uses leaf storm at full blast to boost its stats with contrary. then giga drain for recovery an din case that leaf storm runs out. also hidden power ice just for those dragons. taunt is for ferrothorns. i also like serp in rain because it big weakness of fire is resisted because of the rain.

okay rate my team i guess and give me some tips i can put into this team. they were really good on my sand post and they helped a lot so just keep up with the good work.

Edited by conor k

it would be an probably as its pronounced "arr emm tee"

Also... I do like the team but there seems to be a few things that stick out at me. The first is your lack of any special defense. I would instead suggest that you change up dragonite's and toxicroak's EVs a small bit to make them more defensive by potentially pulling from speed. Also, while it is great to get +2 attack quickly with toxicroak, you might be better off with bulk-up. As it stands, once ferrothorn is gone, you don't have a lot in the ways of defense besides some natural bulk. And while it isn't a problem in the rain, dragonite doesn't have a single 100% accurate attacking move so that could become annoying in the long run. But its a nice team ^_^

oh for serp, i always have run the def ev split just for extra bulk. it usally comes in handy because ive noticed that more thatn 50% of the time it buys me another turn without dying.

also @swimming, your right i dont have any sp def bulk at all. do you have any suggestions on pokemon i could run or even evs i could adjust on certain pokemon i already have. and also i do like the idea of bulk up on toxicroak, it could actually lead to me playing around with his evs a bit too. and finally what would you think about surf on dknight instead of focus blast. surf gets the power boost from rain and can handle most stell types.

Reuniclus may cause problems.

One move and it just might be all over. Trick Room. Your attackers are all speedy so if somebody gets a Trick Room up you are in trouble. Some Reuniclus carry HP Ice which disposes of D-Nite. Psychic would be for Toxi. Focus blast would make Ferrothorn die on the spot. HP Ice kills Serperior and Zapdos. A TR is what I see as a big threat, seeing as your attackers are speedy

Politoed can be used as a special wall and put black sludge on Toxicroak just for the slight chance of something trying a item trick on you.

Zapdos is one of the best pokemon for a rain team, but sub may be a waste of a move.

Zapdos @ Leftovers

EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Roost

- Roar

Roar can stop set-ups such as Reuniclus and Quagsire that can easily bulk it all, it also utilizes rocks. Without special attack EVs, Zapdos still hits a good 286 special attack stat and paired with a lightningrod boost you don't really need those EVs. Roost of course for healing.

Do Phazer's set.

It'll help with Reuniclus like I mentioned

Politoed can be used as a special wall and put black sludge on Toxicroak just for the slight chance of something trying a item trick on you.

Zapdos is one of the best pokemon for a rain team, but sub may be a waste of a move.

Zapdos @ Leftovers

EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Thunder

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Roost

- Roar

Roar can stop set-ups such as Reuniclus and Quagsire that can easily bulk it all, it also utilizes rocks. Without special attack EVs, Zapdos still hits a good 286 special attack stat and paired with a lightningrod boost you don't really need those EVs. Roost of course for healing.

You have problems with ice-types, and even though Dragonite has Focus Blast it is not faster than all ice-types. Other than that, I'm going to question why on the 252/252 Pokemon you let that 4 go to waste? You can still boost another stat by one.

You have problems with ice-types, and even though Dragonite has Focus Blast it is not faster than all ice-types. Other than that, I'm going to question why on the 252/252 Pokemon you let that 4 go to waste? You can still boost another stat by one.

Tells him about ice problems

>Has team of altaria wut?

your right about my ice weakness to a point, for the most part i block ice with ferrothorn or politoed. its a little bug in the team but definitly one that i can work with. and thanks guys this team got a whole lot better too