Random 3 Stagers for Starters

SilverJakler

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porygon, Elekid or Lillipup

Oh, God. I'm torn.

I've had a lot of memories with the Porygon line that dates back to the Gold and Silver era, and God knows how many of us had our fair share of trouble with Noel's. Electivire is great, too. Still have the one from Pokémon XD... you know, from when it was an Elekid. Cross Chop was too OP. Never really used Stoutland, though. So that could be interesting.

...But all things considered, I think I'll stick with Porygon for the nostalgia.

Well, you said Magby, Rhyhorn, or Larvitar for me. I'd rather remain on the "legitimate" side of things, but I have nfc what the mon availability is for Rejuvination. As such, I'll assume they are all perfectly obtainable as of V8, and take Larvita-

*Looks at level-up pool*

...Well, level 19 Rock Slide won't be that bad. The rest is... special. Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight do this on Reborn instead, since I have not touched Rejuv all that much, and I personally am not a fan of Magmortar or Rhyperior.

Heya I'm interested in participating too!

Abra, Duskull or Fletchling

If I may, I would like to take part in this, since I want to do a Hardcore run eventually (and maybe nuzlocke it because I make good decisions.)

Igglybuff, Scatterbug or Happiny

Igglybuff, Scatterbug or Happiny

...don't suppose I can get a do over?

Well, let's see. All the pokemon are all obtainable, so all choices are legit. However, realistically, none of the options appeal to me.

Igglybuff can become a Wigglytuff, which, while having a bunch of HP and a solid movepool, I can simply get the event version that can spawn an egg move, and therefore have it be superior to when it would be a starter.

Happiny...no. I know Blissey is really good, and can eat up attacks like no ones business, but I don't even know where the Oval Stone is, and even then, unless it was early, I wold be stuck as it's baby form for far long than I care for.

That leaves Scatterbug who I least know how to use, and at least would be a fully evolved Pokemon before the first gym and could be solid if it survives long enough to get it's better attacks.

Ultimately, I'd go Scatterbug, but only because my other options are just bad by comparison.

...don't suppose I can get a do over?

Well, let's see. All the pokemon are all obtainable, so all choices are legit. However, realistically, none of the options appeal to me.

Igglybuff can become a Wigglytuff, which, while having a bunch of HP and a solid movepool, I can simply get the event version that can spawn an egg move, and therefore have it be superior to when it would be a starter.

Happiny...no. I know Blissey is really good, and can eat up attacks like no ones business, but I don't even know where the Oval Stone is, and even then, unless it was early, I wold be stuck as it's baby form for far long than I care for.

That leaves Scatterbug who I least know how to use, and at least would be a fully evolved Pokemon before the first gym and could be solid if it survives long enough to get it's better attacks.

Ultimately, I'd go Scatterbug, but only because my other options are just bad by comparison.

You could ask for an Igglybuff in the Request-A-Mon thread to replace the Starter you picked, if that would change your mind. Unless you just wanna do it legit.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to. Igglybuff just wouldn't be worth replacing as my starter, even if it was tailor made for me. Plus, Wigglytuff really shines because it's versatile, but that only applies to when I have solid TM's. Also, I have better things to use a Moon Stone on (Nidorino, mainly).