Advice on things to take care of before leaving reborn city

Aloha

So I'm about to leave reborn city after my 8th badge, I think, and I want to ask you guys for any advice on things I should do before leaving, since I understand I will be locked out of the city for a while.

This includes:

• Pokemon I should catch that will be useful there for some reason like batteling an imposible leader or something (For example I just got and trained a meganium in order to balance my team against an earth type leader. I believe I have a balanced diverse team by now but feel free to defy that thought).
  • Items I should buy/obtain that will be usefull but not available there.
  • Grinding my pokes to a certain level (I heard training will be more difficult).
  • etc

I'm loking for general advice on things I might not be thinking about like "Make sure you don't leave anyone important on the daycare!" or "Get some ability capsules/shards since you might need them" or "Evolve your magneton!" or whatever.

Thanks in advance.

The 8th badge is Radomus is it not? I'm pretty sure you'll be able to go back to Reborn city after you get the 9th badge briefly. (You finished 7th street right?) You won't be locked out for too long, but the advice I would like to give you is team advice. I could help with that if I knew your teams levels and movesets if possible. Thanks!

Oh I recommend that you get the rain dance and sunny day tms from the respective gang leaders.(Your gang leader will be in their base, and the other will be lurkin in 7th street somewhere) Those will help a lot in future gyms.

• Developers

The main problem for me was EV training which is pretty much impossible after leaving as there is no way to grow or buy EV berries. And of course you can't breed so no more egg moves and such. Make sure not to forget any important pokemon in Daycare. Oh and visit Obsidia department store and the 7th street - many items and moves are only available there.

The 8th badge is Radomus is it not? I'm pretty sure you'll be able to go back to Reborn city after you get the 9th badge briefly. (You finished 7th street right?) You won't be locked out for too long, but the advice I would like to give you is team advice. I could help with that if I knew your teams levels and movesets if possible. Thanks!

Oh I recommend that you get the rain dance and sunny day tms from the respective gang leaders.(Your gang leader will be in their base, and the other will be lurkin in 7th street somewhere) Those will help a lot in future gyms.

EDIT: Sorry 9th badge then, I just defeated LUNA and I'm headed to.. Agate, right? that place with the sleeping guards

That would be AWESOME.

Here's my team:

Arcanine Lvl 66 @Flash Fire - Flare blitz - Heat wave - Morning Sun - Outrage

I'm saving outrage for Dragon types in the future, but I don't really use it often..

Swampert Lvl 68 @Torrent - Muddy Water - Earthquake - Mud Bomb - Hammer arm

Ampharos Lvl 63 @Static - Thunder Wave - Discharge - Thunder - Electric Terrain

I decided to ditch signal beam since I got good coverage by just switching pokemon since I have quite a few, but maybe it was a mistake since I'm kind of commited to electric attacks (though I always have magneton)

Pangoro Lvl 67 @Scrappy - Hammer Arm - Crunch - Parting shot - Sky uppercut

Umbreon Lvl 62 @Synchronize - Assurance - Screech - Covet - Wish

He has been really good to me (Alternating wish and screech and then using assurance or switching and letting someone else take care of the physical damage has been pretty useful). I fucked up by evolving it at the wrong time and lost batton pass.. I guess I could fix that, but I don't have the patience to breed a new one (If I had I would probably get another eevolution instead).

Swalot Lvl 60 @Sticky Hold - Acid Spray - Yawn - Toxic - Sludge Bomb

He has also been VERY useful. Acid spray + toxic allows me to finish most things with sludge bomb or leave it to another special attacker on my team. I've beaten many tough beasts thanks to him.

In Rotation

Meganium Lvl 60 @Leaf Guard - Magical Leaf - Poison powder - Synthesis - Leech Seed

Haven't decided what to do with him. I thought Sunny Day + Solar Beam + Synthesis + Poison powder, but I'm really liking the poisoned AND seeded scenario (which would mean getting rid of solar beam). BUT maybe I'm overestimating her resistance and stalling capabilities? I could use some help here. He's Kind of EV trained (252 Def, 152 Sp Def, the rest in HP)

Rapidash Lvl 60 @Flash Fire - Fire Blast - Flame Charge - Fire Spin - Hypnosis

Butterfree Lvl 60 @Compound eyes - Poison powder - Sleep Powder - Gust - Bug Buzz

Mawhile Lvl 60 @Sheer force? - Crunch - Iron Head - Play Rough - Baton Pass*

Honchkrow Lvl 62 @Super Luck - Wing Attack - Night Slash - Tailwind - Brave Bird

Not very resistant, but a very good hitter on specific situations

Magneton Lvl 60 @Analytic - Discharge - Flash Cannon - Metal Sound - Magnet Rise

Jinx Lvl 48 @Forewarn - Blizzard - Psychic - Sing - Fake Tears

I just put her in here because.. I don't even know why.. She's 100% USELESS. She is very slow and fragile, so she always got KOed before attacking.. Maybe I could use some help here (or confirmation that she's garbage haha). I don't have access to EV berries though so EV training her speed is not an option yet.

Thanks!

Edited by Aloha

The main problem for me was EV training which is pretty much impossible after leaving as there is no way to grow or buy EV berries. And of course you can't breed so no more egg moves and such. Make sure not to forget any important pokemon in Daycare. Oh and visit Obsidia department store and the 7th street - many items and moves are only available there.

Thanks! will do that.

I hate EV training the regular way, so what I do is I use the items that make you earn 4 EVs for the deired stat (Power anklet and those, you know?) and fight a los of insects in that old man's garden (mostly caterpies and stuff).

That way I usually end up with 252 on a desires stat, 152 on another and the rest mostly in HP. Eventually I will get rid of the ones in HP (I dont have access to the berries yet).

Levels look fine to me. Upcoming leader ist a fighting type, so you might wanna pack some air/psychic moves

Maybe I should train that drifloon I have in my storage PC after all... looks like it might come in handy.. Maybe a crobat..

Wow. I'm amazed by the pokemon you have in rotation. Alright, let's get it.

Let me tell you something. A wide coverage is often the deciding factors between your pokemon getting blown away, having to switch out, or being able to destroy the pokemon that is giving trouble.

Ampharos most likely accels at what it does, which would probably be taking on water, flying and steel types on right? Well, I'm 100% sure that Magneton 082.png will help you with that even more. It is stronger and can help beat down ice, steel, rock and fairy types. If you want to evolve it into 462.png by getting a key which you can get by going into the cave where Saphira came out of in Tanzan. (Western corridor place.) Use the key to get in the backroom of shade's gym and evolve it there by leveling up.

I don't think you need two dark tpyes on your team, and that Pangoro is really good. I recommend that you replace Umbreon with Jynx

Jynx has an amazing offensive typing, and it gets Dry Skin which lets you drink up water moves! This will help a lot when we battle the water gym leader. 124.png You can use the move relearner from the Onyx ward (or the one in the Circus you will be going to soon) to get Ice beam in exchange for a heart scale.

Your team is looking very, very solid right now.

If you're up for it, I recommend that you breed Close Combat onto your Arcanine, 059.png which you can breed onto it via Mankey(level 49)/Primape(Lv. 59)(Located in the obsidia slums, or Aventurine woods in Route 1)or Zangoose(Level 50.)(Located by Hide and Seek in all the Alleyways (West Peridot, Lower Peridot, Obsidia, North Obsidia, Lapis). Then you might want to give it crunch via move relearner. Flare Blitz, Crunch, Close Combat and Extremespeed. (Or wild charge if we have it) That moveset will give you a lot more uses and type coverage.

260.png059.png462.png675.png124.png317.png

I'm not sure what else to tell you. This team is very solid, I think Swalot should be fine to keep as a 6th member, but you would have a glaring ground weakness. A flying or grass type/ levitate mon would help patch that up.

Hope this all helps you in your game! [:

Yea close combat on Arcanine is best :! i personally would like to have this moveset on Arcanine:

Item: Black belt Ability: Intimidate

Outrage (for countering dragon type),Close combat (no comment just Op,Op),Heat wawe (double battles and fire move coverage), Thunder fang (it outspeeds most of the water mons and can take water moves if u have Sunny day, and can get rid of annoying Flying ones)

Butt! dont mind it if u dont wanna its not that good D;

Yea close combat on Arcanine is best :! i personally would like to have this moveset on Arcanine:

Item: Black belt Ability: Intimidate

Outrage (for countering dragon type),Close combat (no comment just Op,Op),Heat wawe (double battles and fire move coverage), Thunder fang (it outspeeds most of the water mons and can take water moves if u have Sunny day, and can get rid of annoying Flying ones)

Butt! dont mind it if u dont wanna its not that good D;

Wildcharge >>>>>> thunder fang

Thanks! Since this is the first game I play where having a well trained team in actually fun (In the oficial games it's just over kill and you don't get to really use them), I have been training more pokemon than usual.

Just one thing before I dive into your super helpful comments,

Any recomendations for my meganium dilemma?? I would really appreciate any advice, since that's where I'm lost the most..

Ampharos most likely accels at what it does, which would probably be taking on water, flying and steel types on right? Well, I'm 100% sure that Magneton 082.png will help you with that even more. It is stronger and can help beat down ice, steel, rock and fairy types. If you want to evolve it into 462.png by getting a key which you can get by going into the cave where Saphira came out of in Tanzan. (Western corridor place.) Use the key to get in the backroom of shade's gym and evolve it there by leveling up.

Awesome, I didn't know I could evolve magneton yet. I just use ampharos because it has better stats, thunder wave and Thunder.

I don't think you need two dark tpyes on your team, and that Pangoro is really good. I recommend that you replace Umbreon with Jynx

Jynx has an amazing offensive typing, and it gets Dry Skin which lets you drink up water moves! This will help a lot when we battle the water gym leader. 124.png You can use the move relearner from the Onyx ward (or the one in the Circus you will be going to soon) to get Ice beam in exchange for a heart scale.

Hmm I think that my problem with jinx might be her stats, which kind of suck. I honestly think she has never been able to attack even once. Since she is quite slow (bad nature and no evs there) and fragile (her defence stat SUCKS), she gets one-hit-KOed every time I switch her in.. That's why I threw her in the PC. Maybe I should work with her a little.

About Ice beam.. are you sure? I read on bulbapedia that she doesn't learn Ice beam, that's why I have blizzard.

If you're up for it, I recommend that you breed Close Combat onto your Arcanine, 059.png which you can breed onto it via Mankey(level 49)/Primape(Lv. 59)(Located in the obsidia slums, or Aventurine woods in Route 1)or Zangoose(Level 50.)(Located by Hide and Seek in all the Alleyways (West Peridot, Lower Peridot, Obsidia, North Obsidia, Lapis). Then you might want to give it crunch via move relearner. Flare Blitz, Crunch, Close Combat and Extremespeed. (Or wild charge if we have it) That moveset will give you a lot more uses and type coverage.

I'll think about it, I don't know if I have the atience required for breeding haha.. for the rest. Noted.

b

260.png059.png462.png675.png124.png317.png

I'm not sure what else to tell you. This team is very solid, I think Swalot should be fine to keep as a 6th member, but you would have a glaring ground weakness. A flying or grass type/ levitate mon would help patch that up.

Hope this all helps you in your game! [:

Well, while I was finishing up all I wanted to take care of before leaving I decided to train a crobat. right now he's a golbat at level 49, but he could become a beast very soon soon (acrobatics and stuff). Do you think I should include him in my main team? (He even has 252EV on his speed stat and around 190 on his sttack stat because I had him held the power anklet and the one that helps with the attack while battling a lot of caterpies and stuff).

THANKS!!

Edited by Aloha

Definitely get Magneton evolved. You're going to need to look up a guide for that.

For EV training (if you want) I recommend Azurine Island for defensive types (~90% HP during the day), Railnet for speed (walk through the shadows), and the absolute bottom of the grand stairs for mixed sweepers.

I used a Mawile for my entire 1st run (because she is my absolute favorite pokemon ever) and I can confirm for you that she will be an absolute load on you from here on out.