Ancient Book

So found the secret Library. Watched as the sneaky witch jacked my mega ring. Got a cool book that translates things. When I went to complete said side quest, the person who asked me to do the quest asked for my magic book. I do not want to give it to him because I feel I will need it later. Though I get the feeling that if I give it to him I get something nice. Soooooooooooooo... anyone know what I get for giving up the book and if I should even give up said book.

Thanks in advance.

So found the secret Library. Watched as the sneaky witch jacked my mega ring. Got a cool book that translates things. When I went to complete said side quest, the person who asked me to do the quest asked for my magic book. I do not want to give it to him because I feel I will need it later. Though I get the feeling that if I give it to him I get something nice. Soooooooooooooo... anyone know what I get for giving up the book and if I should even give up said book.

Thanks in advance.

If you give him the Book, you get what is bar none the best healing item in the game: the Blue Moon Ice Cream, imported from Pokemon Reborn.

Unfortunately, if you give him the book, you miss an opportunity to get some backstory for a villain and a Gothita around the third gym, so I'd give him the book after you beat the third gym. You can get a second book in the Sheridan Wetlands.