So, I Just Started A New Game

Athea Andrea

It's unfortunately been quite a while since I've played Reborn, and so I decided I'd rather just start a new game rather than pick up on a game I remembered little as to what I did to get where I was. With that, I have a question: what do I need to know (aside from mechanics-wise, because I remember how the game works per say)?

Train a full team of six mons plus some backups, Gyms in Reborn aren't exactly a piece of cake so it's better to be prepared for everything

Always keep the level of your team in control, level caps are a thing and are annoying

At some point in the story you'll have to battle some powerful bosses, for this reason i highly recommend one or two gimmick mons (Sturdy Counter Sudowoodo/Perish Song Prankster Murkrow)

Give a shot to a highest number of mons possible, you could find some of them extremely useful (if you want a "smooth" early game i suggest Emolga and Kricketune)

I'll edit this later if something else comes to my mind

- Btw, while Kricketune is indeed amazing, don't become too dependent on it as it will quickly go from amazing to sub par to terrible by the mid game.

- There will be a very important quest after the 2. gym leader where you have to the missing police officers. You can in fact progress to the point where you lose the chance to find every police officer, but doing so will result in you losing access to the "Mystery Egg" quest, which awards you with a Pokémon Egg that contains one of 19 possible amazing Pokémon (Azuril, Axew, Drillbur etc.). Just so you don't miss this quest I recommend you follow a walkthrough while in Beryl Ward, for this part of the game to find all police officers so you can get this quest.

- And also, after you've beaten Corey (the 3rd gym leader) you can start rebattling trainers in the Reborn Hall (first Pokécenter) infinitely, which should help you with any grinding you have to do.