What version of Rpg maker did Jan use?

Zyxeos

Hey y'all! I'd like to make my own Pokemon game about Mr Fuji, which I think I got some pretty cool ideas for!

Love the style of Rejuvenation (currently my favorite Pokemon Fan game) and was wondering what version of RPG maker is used to develop it?

I currently own RPG MAKER VX Ace :D

Edited by Zyxeos

I'm glad you're interested in making your own game! :D

Most game makers use RPG Maker XP, but I see you have the advanced version here, which is great! :D

The Pokémon Essentials for VX is inferior compared to the one for XP

I'm glad you're interested in making your own game! :D

Most game makers use RPG Maker XP, but I see you have the advanced version here, which is great! :D

RPGXP with the Pokémon Essentials

COOL THANKS GUYS :D

I forgot to mention it was VX Ace.

Didn't even know it was the advanced version O.o!!!!

I am actually a software engineer and got a handful of programming languages under my belt, and was actually in the process of writing my own Game Engine with C++ but seeing that Jan made such

a cool game without writing a game engine, and instead using an already amazing engine, I thought that would be a cool way to start.

Do you know if Jan did any programming? or is Jan just a professional RPG MAKER user?.

Woah, I had no clue about that. Would you happen to know what the pros and cons are with using XP vs VX Ace?

Edited by Zyxeos

COOL THANKS GUYS :D

I forgot to mention it was VX Ace.

Didn't even know it was the advanced version O.o!!!!

I am actually a software engineer and got a handful of programming languages under my belt, and was actually in the process of writing my own Game Engine with C++ but seeing that Jan made such

a cool game without writing a game engine, and instead using an already amazing engine, I thought that would be a cool way to start.

Do you know if Jan did any programming? or is Jan just a professional RPG MAKER user?

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads

IIRC Ruby is used for RPG XP, though it's been a while since I've personally touched the programming side in a while

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads

IIRC Ruby is used for RPG XP, though it's been a while since I've personally touched the programming side in a while

Cool thanks I am actually getting started now. Uploading all the sprites to my game :D I'll probably make a forum thread later on in the fan games section !!! :D

I'll try to find pokemon essentials for VX because I spent so much for that one I kinda dont wanna get XP if I can help it (>'.')>

If you're good at coding, you can try to convert some of the essentials scripts from RGSS to RGSS3 (I think that's what vx ace uses?). Should be easier than converting backwards, it's still the same language, but an "upgraded" version of it. Some syntax has changed, but I've never coded in RGSS3, only backwards-converted stuff.

If you're good at coding, you can try to convert some of the essentials scripts from RGSS to RGSS3 (I think that's what vx ace uses?). Should be easier than converting backwards, it's still the same language, but an "upgraded" version of it. Some syntax has changed, but I've never coded in RGSS3, only backwards-converted stuff.

That definitely would be cool to try out.

I have not seen an actual Pokemon game made off of VX Ace that looks as good as a XP one.... The XP Pokemon games look like the real deal, whereas RPGMAKER VX ACE Pokemon games look a lot more like a final fantasy styled RPG... >.<

Have you seen anyone succeeding in the task of creating a official looking VX game?