Just need some thoughts

Conor

Okay before i start, i would just like to say that i have horrible grammar. please don't yell ): This is just a team ive been using and its been doing pretty good on the ladder about 80 % wins. tell me any suggestions or what you think.

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 100 SAtk / 76 Spd

Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- Focus Punch

- Fire Blast

- Substitute

- Crunch

Just your standard Tenshi-Boah set that i always use. leads, sets up sand... yeah.

195f.gif

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 92 HP / 172 Def / 244 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Stockpile

- Recover

- Toxic

- Waterfall

Okay my wall for any fire, fighting, water types. sets up toxic and late game can get a toxic stall going. I've been thinking of switching him out for Gastradon, if you think this is a good idea could you post a nice Gastradon set?

530.gif

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- X-Scissor

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

- Swords Dance

classic sand sweeper, pretty much one of the core members of the team i need to pull of the win.

497.gif

Serperior (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Contrary

EVs: 128 Def / 128 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Leaf Storm

- Giga Drain

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Taunt

the rain counter mostly, switch onto a Vaporeon and let the contrary do the work. I kind of get walled by ferrothorn but i can taunt it which is always nice and send in ttar for moar sand.

445f.gif

Garchomp (M) @ BrightPowder

Trait: Sand Veil

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Fire Fang

- Earthquake

- Dragon Claw

another sweeper. he is a total troll because of the double evasion. another sweeper who happens to come in handy quite often.

609.gif

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Heat Wave

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Overheat

revenge killer. Scarfed and ready to handle any situation by trapping the opponent with shadow tag.

Okay so as you can see nothing too tricky at all, just a straightforward team. I'm looking to do whatever i can do to just to raise its power any amount. to be honest it might be fine as it is i might just be lacking a few skills myself. let me know (:

p.s. if someone wants to tell me how to make a spoiler, i would be appreciate so i can add the export

My primary issue with the current setup of this team is how it deals with entry hazards, especially toxic spikes. Once your opponent gets in 2 layers, they're there to stay, as you have neither a rapid spinner nor a grounded poison type. Thus, it won't matter how bulky your quagsire is, or how evasive your garchomp is, as you won't be able to stay in for extended turns. As a side note, if you're up against a different weather team, such as rain, your tyranitar will be switching in and out very frequently to battle for weather domination. As such, if it's poisoned upon entry, you've more or less lost.

The Sand is strong with this one. I would go with a Jellithorn core, since you're using Tenshi-boah. That way you can take speciak hits, set up hazards, give your team a fire/water/grass core, AND give rain teams the ole' middle finger.

okay so i definitely like that idea for some great coverage. i also see how jellicent would fill in for Quagsire. the only problem is that i wouldn't know how to squeeze in ferrothorn. this team is mostly sweep and come in with revenge kill. it would completely throw off the synergy and basis for the team. So i guess my question to you Erick is, where would you put ferrothorn. secondly rapid spin on excadrill... would that work...???

Honestly if there's something that can do enough damage to Quagsire to make it need to use recover in one move, it's going to die before ir can get that recover off anyways. I like Counter instead, because it tells physical sweepers to fuck off. And then, if you had Ferrothorn, you'd be able to switch him in to deal with anything threatening Garchomp (Ice/Dragon can't do much against Ferro) Tyranitar (Fighting may be a problem, but you have Chandelure. Water/Grass can be tanked by Ferro) and Quagsire (Grass). Honestly if Serperior's main purpose is to counter rain, you're going to do that and mroe by replacing it with Ferrothorn.

Like Hark said, I'd put it over Serperior. Ferrothorn tells a lot of Pokemon to take a hike, and when it's combined with Jellicent it has that nice perfect synergy thing going on.

• 1 month later...

Tyranitar: Looks good. Im assuming fire blast is so you're not completely walled by Skarmoy

Quagsire: Keep it. Quag is every boosting sweeper's worst nightmare (besides ditto :wacko:)

Excadrill: Even though I hate this thing and think it should burn in hell, I'll let it slide. Nothing to special, standard set. Keep SD tho

Serperior: I agree with Neo. You should replace it with ferrothorn, but since it's here ill give my thoughts on the set. Kind of a wierd set. I would run glare since giga dran isnt really doing much for the set. The recovery from giga drain doesnt have much going for it on this set. Run Hp fire so you're not completely walled by grass types (namely ferrothorn).

Garchomp: I have run this set before and I love it ^_^ . I would run dual chop instead of dragon claw because it breaks subs and focus sashes. But other than that, nice work.

Chandelure: As I have mentioned many times: chandelure is my favorite poke. However since this is a sand team and chandelure doesnt have much hp to begin with and it also takes 1/4 damage from stealth rock, i would run maybe a heatran.