What NFE Pokemon do you like more than their evolutions?

ty_taurus

Oh yeah, there's the Rhyperior debacle, too.

I like Rhyperior, but he looks way too different from Rhydon. Probably would've been better if it were part of its own line, and then Rhydon got an evolution that looked more like it and Rhyhorn.

Braixen: you know exactly why.

Haunter: The more traditional ghost with the disembodied hands beats a purple spot any day.

Magneton: It might just be three Magnemites but it sure as hell beats out the ufo looking wannabee clown. I know that red dot in the centre is an eye but I couldn't care less it looks like the thing has been making out with Ronald McDonald.

Pansear, Panpour and Pansage: I just don't like the design for the Simis they always seemed off to me.

Dragonair: what happened to you? You used to be graceful now you look more like an overweight Geko who is to stupid to understand how dangerous your cholesterol levels actually are.

Dusclops :I don't even know why it just is.

I'm secretly okay with removing all the gen IV added evolutions, applying their stats and move pools to the Pokemon they evolved from, and pretending the evolutions never existed. The only ones that aren't a bandage problem to a bigger solution are Gallade and Froslass who just became split evolution options instead of trying to fix past mistakes.

Then there's Glaceon and Leafeon whom I love the designs of, but I feel like they were only added to give Flareon some family company down there in the depths of NU/PU.

Quilava: how is going from a flaming mohawk and tail to a simple falming collar an improvement in any way? Typhlosion always came off as a step down design wise for me.

Helioptile: it's an odd but unique looking lizard and I like how its "hat" works, plus its cute. Heliolisk just sucks all the fun personality from it and has the gall to still look under evolved while doing so.

Dragonair: It's majestic and a nice mix of beauty + cute, but then Dragonite comes and just takes ahuge dump on the entire line, looking like a pokemon from a completely different line. I always hated this and at first I actually was under the impression it evolved into Lapras instead.

Poliwhirl: I used to like Poliwrath more once upon a time, but then I got a poliwhirl toy and he was my favorite pokemon for a while even. Poliwrath is just a roid-raging poliwhirl and frankly that's lame. Politoed is cute but Poliwhirl tome is the most interesting one.

Chespin: It's evos are my least favorite starter evos yet. Straight up clumsy and offputting designs which were poorly realized and executed. I just feel that GF struggled to design a good evo for chespin.

Magby: Magby is the only member of this line who are rather notoriously known as some of the ugliest pokemon, though I argue that's part of their charm...well Idk, I still think magmar is an utter mess design wise but regardless Magby is the easiest on the eyes of the three.

Mime Jr.: I never disliked Mr. Mime, and actually think he's a rather neat and creative pokemon who while dorky looking, fits well enough with his whimsical aesthetic. Now the guy is in dire need of an evolution, but his baby form, mime Jr, is probably one of the best babymon designs. It's ADORABLE and is easily the best baby design in gen 4.