Playing blind but still..

blackfear2

Started playing some time ago blind (well to be honest i checked field effects since that stuff i just can't know thru previous info) and got the budew that fell on me before the first gym, trained it to roselia (it helped me get thru the first gym since I,the genius started froakie and caught a hoothoot under the assumption that i will need fly anytime soon) and generally it has been a really big help.

Atm i am on azurine island and just found a shiny stone. Thing is even if it helped me early on i have realised that many stronger options might exist (thought it would go full fallout on me with the pokemon availability when i started the game XD) and possibly some of them will need said shiny stone.

So my questions is: Should i get Roserade for my team (as in will it be helpfull later on)?

If not pls say so with no spoilers towards the story pls <3

PS: team atm Piloswine ,Roselia,Ampharos,Solrock, Greninja ,Grandbull

Edited by blackfear2

I played through my initial run with a Roserade on the team. It's not the greatest mon for reborn but it's still pretty useful. A solid 7 or 8 out of 10, though it'll run into some issues against the particular challenges that are coming up for you in the near future.

Well it's not the best Grass type available in the game, but it's good.Grass types are super effective against water,ground,rock and poison attacks against fairies and grass.You will need it as a backup against the Ground type gym leader Terra, if your Greninja faints or against the upcoming Rock leader.

But,as you have a Piloswine with you also,this will be not be a great pokemon for your team .But keep it if you like it.

Well in my opinion, you can probably go ahead and use it on two conditions.

A) There is a Mystery Egg (might be a few different Pokemon, determined randomly at the start of your game) available back in the Jasper Ward for completing a sidequest. If you haven't gotten this egg, I recommend you go back and try to follow up on the sidequest so you can grab it; many of the potential Pokemon aren't available elsewhere, and one of them needs a Shiny Stone as well. If you get that one, you may want to consider which one you want to use.

B) Make sure if you DO choose to evolve Roselia that she's learned all the moves you want, because Roserade doesn't learn any additional moves from leveling up.

Well in my opinion, you can probably go ahead and use it on two conditions.

A) There is a Mystery Egg (might be a few different Pokemon, determined randomly at the start of your game) available back in the Jasper Ward for completing a sidequest. If you haven't gotten this egg, I recommend you go back and try to follow up on the sidequest so you can grab it; many of the potential Pokemon aren't available elsewhere, and one of them needs a Shiny Stone as well. If you get that one, you may want to consider which one you want to use.

B) Make sure if you DO choose to evolve Roselia that she's learned all the moves you want, because Roserade doesn't learn any additional moves from leveling up.

Yeah did that already ty anyway (also evolved my roselia and its going well

(even if i needed a move got 8 heart scales from mining so im all set to evolve my piloswine too)