Beating Solaris' Garchomp

Inferno400

I don't know if this strategy was done before but I will tell one of the easiest ways to beat Garchomp.

First go to to Onyx Ward and then head to the house between the game corner and move tutor's house.In the upper left corner of the house will be a woman who will give you a seel egg.Once the egg hatches it will have perish song.Then head to North Obsidia Ward and then to the cave.If you check one of the rocks you will find a Focus Sash.The once you battle Solaris sent seel first and use perish song and just wait three turns by switching pokemon till it faints.And that's how i beat him.I hope this helps those who want to progress without losing to him.

Lots of ways to beat the Garchomp even without the focus sash. But yes, this is one of the easier ways to do it. I believe I did it with the Smoochum (it also learns perish song) you can get in the cave before Shade's gym. Just soft reset until you get lucky... Dragon Rush has a chance to miss, especially on windy days.

1:early game you can get an event igglybuff and has a chance to get perish song find it and make sure it has it then.

2:get 4 department store tickets to access air baloon should be fairly easy to do with a guide.

3:put said air balloon on igglybuff .

4:enter the fight with solaris and use perish song.

5:now the odds of igglybufff having stone edge or fire fang used on it is very low with the AI which will more likely go for EQ and dragon rush isnt gonna work so once that is done wait it out and set game.

as for stickers and how to get igglybuff use these guides:

Sticker Guide:http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9720

Igglybuff :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ2OP-voobo

note:the igglybuff quest is virtually the same but you cant get cleffa anymore and also for metors to appear it must be night

Edited by NovaKnight

Alternatively you can also catch a Murkrow with prankster and have it use priority Perish Song. It's one of the easiest ways to cheese the major fights in the game. F.E.A.R. Rattata is also a thing.

For non-Perish Song strategies, it's also possible to tie a good Fairy-type to an Air Balloon and Moonblast it to death. That's what I did with Aromatisse in my bird-themed run. Of course, that only works if you actually have been leveling a Fairy-type, but if you have, it means you don't need to go out of your way to beat Garchomp besides a quick trip to the department store.

I used balloon cofragigus and hoped for Garchomp to use EQ while I used will-o-wisp. After that, I switched to Manetrik with flame burst and set the field ablaze. The With this, the healing was cut off and it slowly died to burn and more burn. I don't believe the AI considers balloons so it may help with other strategies too.