@ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

So I started out with the idea that I wanted to use Natural Gift Scizor and have it lure something in. I considered using berries to give NG Ice, Ground, and Rock, but ultimately decided on Rock as it's the most likely to lure in a correct target such as Charizard (X,Y), Talonflame, Volcanion, Thundurus. 56 speed gives it enough to outspeed a Volcanion with no to little speed creep.

• 252+ Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 218-258 (73.4 - 86.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252+ Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 408-482 (112 - 132.4%)
  • 252+ Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 318-376 (106.3 - 125.7%)
  • 252+ Atk Micle Berry Scizor Natural Gift (100 BP Rock) vs. 96 HP / 0- Def Tornadus-T: 322-380 (99.6 - 117.6%)
  • Don't need to calculate Zard Y or Talonflame, they're as good as dead.

I might decide to give it more speed depending on the likelihood of Volcanion running speed if it appears to be more prevalent. I gave it U-Turn rather than Bug Bite because aside from the use of Natural Gift, it's not going to stay in very long. It's main function is to lure the aforementioned pokemon. The pivot has proven useful and Swords Dance aside from enabling me to take out Volcanions is also helpful for when something thinks it can just sit there and wall Scizor.

Next I realized that yes I absolutely need stealth rocks on this team as I'm going to be doing quite a bit of switching and to get the necessary damage to take down a full HP Zard X. I wanted something bulky not only physically but also specially with recovery. I decided to go with Hippowdon. The EV spread is a standard Smogon one, but I decided to take off Stone Edge for Whirlwind. It means things can't sit there and set up on it, and I don't really need the rock coverage with Scizor as well as some of the other coverage moves I'm running on my team.

With my hazard setter in place, I looked to shore up my lines with something that can hit things Scizor can not. i.e. Rotom Wash, Quagsire, Manaphy, Keldeo. (Mostly Rotom). So hence the Serperior. I'm definitely still right now considering running a sub/leftovers set over Glare, but I like the additional power of Life Orb. I chose the first 3 attacks and then figured I had a spot open, paralysis is always helpful. the 12 SpD was there because well I didn't need the little bit of speed to outspeed anything really to my knowledge.

Moving along to Volcanion. I wanted something to deal with the god damned Scalds. This thing has good coverage and power, why not? Let me give it a scarf and enough speed to outspeed Mega Manectric/Lopunny and call it a day.

With Volcanion in the mix and the fact that I'm doing a lot of switching, I'm going to want something to deal with Rocks on my side as well as manage Ground and Electric type attacks that could hurt Volcanion. Enter Latias. Healing Wish may or may not be optimal with this team because Weavile isn't usually going to stay in long enough to risk being burnt, but it can help in a pinch.

Lastly, I just needed something that hit physical really hard. Knock Off is always good. Bisharp? Mmmmm too slow for my liking and it has many common weaknesses with the rest of my team as is. Weavile is good, always serves well as a late game cleaner.

So there's my thought process when creating this team, it's the first RMT I've done so go easy on me senpai.

Exportable:

Scizor @ Micle Berry

Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Natural Gift
- Swords Dance
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 144 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Earth Power
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

The calcs are with Mega Scizor instead of the normal one...

About you last moneslot for Serperior, your team is already pretty fast and slowing down the opponents mostly benefits the Scizor. I'd suggest to keep LO and give it Giga Drain for the recovery!

The calcs are with Mega Scizor instead of the normal one...

About you last moneslot for Serperior, your team is already pretty fast and slowing down the opponents mostly benefits the Scizor. I'd suggest to keep LO and give it Giga Drain for the recovery!

Ah thanks, still works mostly the same. Fixed the calcs. Can still finish off any close ones with Bullet Punch.

I prefer not to talk about how bad natural gift is, especially on a SD+Uturn set without recovery... Wouldn't it be more usefull to carry Coba Berry Serperior with Hidden Power Rock instead? Scizor will never outspeed or survive a hit from any of those pokemon, and you can't just use Natural Gift on the switch as you only have one chance to use the move in the entire battle. Coba Berry Hidden Power Rock Serperior will do it better and if you use it at mistime, the opponent will likely not realize it's Hidden Power Rock, with the benefit that regardless if the opponent sees it, Serperior gets shielded against those pokemon. Don't use Natural Gift. It sucks. Seriously.

Plus Scizor can heavily dent all those bar Talonflame and Charizard (lured on, outspeed and OHKOed by Serperior) with Superpower (that will also hit Heatran, Empoleon and Excadrill, all common Scizor Switch-ins), or grab momentum with U-turn, likely to Serperior that will finish them off via HP rock. Of course, this means switching to Choice Band or Life Orb Roost+3 attacks Scizor.

Plus what are you outspeeding with that Volcanion? Weavile? Definitely not the megas you said lol, even max speed does not come close:

262*1,5=393<405

256*1,5=384 that just barely outspeeds Weavile, but you already have Scizor. Is that all the reason?

Edited by SJMistery

I prefer not to talk about how bad natural gift is, especially on a SD+Uturn set without recovery... Wouldn't it be more usefull to carry Coba Berry Serperior with Hidden Power Rock instead? Scizor will never outspeed or survive a hit from any of those pokemon, and you can't just use Natural Gift on the switch as you only have one chance to use the move in the entire battle. Coba Berry Hidden Power Rock Serperior will do it better and if you use it at mistime, the opponent will likely not realize it's Hidden Power Rock, with the benefit that regardless if the opponent sees it, Serperior gets shielded against those pokemon. Don't use Natural Gift. It sucks. Seriously.

Plus Scizor can heavily dent all those bar Talonflame and Charizard (lured on, outspeed and OHKOed by Serperior) with Superpower (that will also hit Heatran, Empoleon and Excadrill, all common Scizor Switch-ins), or grab momentum with U-turn, likely to Serperior that will finish them off via HP rock. Of course, this means switching to Choice Band or Life Orb Roost+3 attacks Scizor.

Plus what are you outspeeding with that Volcanion? Weavile? Definitely not the megas you said lol, even max speed does not come close:

262*1,5=393<405

256*1,5=384 that just barely outspeeds Weavile, but you already have Scizor. Is that all the reason?

Yes it was Weavile, my mistake. I know this isn't some super good thing but I'm not going to bother with a run of the mill RMT with 6 common mons like Lando-T, Heatran, Normal Scizor etc. That's not worth my time. I made this one because I had fun doing so.

It's obvious that this team was made with this Scizor set in mind, hence no mega.

Personally I'd switch U-turn for Bug Bite. Right now you simply get rid of any SD you might have up. Most Talons won't attack straight ahead because you have 2 mons that completely stop them, so you can either use the Natural Gift on the switch (since some switches are wayy too obvious) or when they enter. Just make sure you lure them by faking Superpower or Knock off.

((more to come, since it seems a little weak on the defensive side.))

I only count one, Volcanion won't take very well the flying moves. He will not be able to switch in twice for sure, and never after rocks. It's funny that if Talonflame went ALONE he would basically massacre this team, as the only real to SD Talon is Hippowdon's WhirlWind. That's a BIG mistake, especially considering you are basically relying on the opponent being a total noob and just sending a frail, offensive pokemon against an enemy that can seriouslt dent it with common moves:

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 106-126 (35.6 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 170-201 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If someone carries the Talonflame, or even Charizard, and sees that you basically have zero responses to them, they won't switch it recklessly at the start if they can consider themselves a decent pokemon player, they will store it for a couple of turns, they will scout your team until they have made sure that yes, the, ehem, rival they have ahead overlooked this obvious threat, THEN they will RAVAGE the team.

And look at THAT:

+2 252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 170-201 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Metal Coat Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 159-187 (53.5 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 96 HP / 0- Def Tornadus-T: 288-340 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 245-289 (67.3 - 79.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

With a Life Orb you can guarantee the KO in Volcanion at the cost of some damage, all while not making you loose your item and a moveslot for the rest of the battle.

Not enough for you? even Quick Attack, despite being mediocre, is better than Natural Gift:

+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 191-225 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 192-226 (64.2 - 75.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock <--- big chance to OHKO after rocks and one turn of Life Orb recoil, and thundurus can't OHKO back with any move anyway.

Want anti-flying coverage? just use Swords Dance and keep the rocks up, THAT's your best anti-flying coverage, (censored).

Oh, and all this forgives that you could simply U-turn to a counter and rack up residual damage as Hippowdon half the pokemon you mentioned, and no one of them likes switching with Stealth Rock up. There is a difference between UNUSUAL, and USELESS. Natural Gift, being a one-turn move that requires a specific item and will only be usefull in one of every ten games is DEFINITELY the second.

Edited by SJMistery

I don't get why so much passion in the comments, censored cursing and anger are parts of this answer-rage compilation. Jericho is more than competent in OU, and aparently wanted to try something crazy for once. Sure, Natural Gift is far from ideal, but the challenge here is to make it work with the proper team-mates. Heck, I've found ways to use it in Talonflame and the silly gimmick managed to work just fine. Unless you just wait for me to post a comment so you can bring more calcs in, you could join in on the effort to find good ways to implement unusual tactics into the game.

Why that passion? Because I love that game, because that's my style. Because I can see a mile behind if a gimmick has potential. The fact that EVERY of my teams has an unusual pokemon or set is proof of that. SubDDnite, SubCM Jirachi, Mega Gallade, Semi-Bulky DD Altaria, Ditto... and something truly horrible that has been thankfully banned.

PD I auto-censored the comment just for comedy ;)

Edited by SJMistery

Unboosted Coba Berry Serperior doesn't actually OHKO Talonflame (80 - 99%) and Charizard Y (70 - 82%) with HP Rock. Life Orb is better IMO, especially since Talonflame beats you if the opponent uses Flare Blitz instead of Gale Wings.