Brave Old World: A Pokemon Blaze Black 2 Nuzlocke- Chapter 0: Prologue

Lord Chespin

Well, I've decided to follow in the footsteps of DerogatoryTrainer and do a story-based Nuzlocke, this time of Pokemon Blaze Black 2, a ROM-hack of Pokemon Black 2 that adds all 649 Pokemon at the time into the game and amps up the difficulty. Also, since the game gives you access to Challenge Mode right off the bat, I've decided to do it entirely in Challenge Mode (mainly because I'm a masochist). As mentioned above, I'm going to try to give this run an overarching story; tell me what you think and give me tips (or, y'know, belittle me) in the comments!

Anyway, here's the team as of this post:

...Haven't even started yet.

Also, here's the rest of the team, in the PC:

Haven't got that far. It's a nuzlocke, what did you expect?

Finally, here's the Pokemon that are out of commission:

Nobody yet. Thank Arceus.

Oh yeah, I will be using save states, but not to cheat death; I'll be using them to make checkpoints after every gym so that I can fall back on something in case I get a total party kill. You don't want the story to come to a grinding halt, do you? Now then, on with the show!

The Unova Region. A region once known as a land of immense beauty, it has become a brutal totalitarian state ruled by the Empress Iris and her police force, Team Plasma. The Pokemon that once roamed freely around the region are now almost entirely gone, having been captured and transformed into brutal cyborgs controlled by a massive consciousness under control of the Empress. Owning a Pokemon, unless you happen to be a member of Team Plasma or one of the lesser rulers in the region, is forbidden. Any trainer who has Pokemon will be attacked until their Pokemon have fainted, and then they will be snagged using technology developed in the Orre Region and converted into cyborgs like the rest.

However, once, this could have changed. A trainer rose from Nuvema Town, with a ragtag team of Pokemon in tow. He defeated the Gym Leaders, liberated one city after another, and fought all the way to the Elite Four, Empress Iris' top soldiers. However, although he was even chosen by the Legendary Pokemon Reshiram, he was defeated and imprisoned by Ghetsis, the head of Team Plasma and Iris' second-in-command. His friends, who were co-leaders in his rebellion, vanished without a trace, and slowly the region fell back under the control of the Empire.

However, unbeknownst to the Empire, one of the trainer's two closest friends has managed to obtain three coveted Pokemon, and is planting the seeds for a second rebellion, led by another young trainer. It will be a long struggle, and there are many risks ahead, but it's the only hope she has...

Thus ends the prologue. Wish me luck!

This looks really fun! How are you going to do the story changes?

Thanks! I already have a rough story in my head for this run; I'm planning to tweak it based on what Pokemon I find and if/when they faint.

Woah, this looks fun! :D

Nice work! :D

Thank you kindly! And yes, I'll get back to the Rejuvenation Viability Rankings soon. =P

Chapter 1: Gwynevre

"Honey! Wake up!"

Melanie woke up to the sound of her mother coming from the living room. She groggily got dressed and looked out the window for a brief moment. Her hometown, Asperita City, was a relatively peaceful place. She had been young when it and the rest of Unova had been taken over by the Empire, but it had been annexed relatively peacefully, and recently the Empire seemed to mostly ignore it (at least compared to the other cities). As she walked into the living room, her mother rose from where she was sitting and came to greet her.

"Good morning, dear! I've got some big news for you."

Melanie was puzzled. Nothing big ever happened in her town. Was the Empress coming to visit it?

"A servant of the Empress is coming to this town. She'd like to make you a collection officer!"

This startled Melanie. Collection officers were some of the few Pokemon trainers left in the region, and they were tasked with finding those who were illegally owning Pokemon and confiscate them. She had always loathed them, but if the Empress said something, it was to be followed without hesitation. "Very well," she said. "Where is she? I'd like to meet her."

"She's at the outlook point. I'll take you to meet her."

~

It was a bright, sunny day out, but to Melanie's surprise the Empress' servant was the only one at the outlook. She was apparently deep in thought, because when Melanie and her mother arrived, she didn't notice them until Melanie's mother tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around, and Melanie saw that she was quite young; not as young as Melanie was, but around her late teens. She awkwardly shook hands with Melanie's mother, and then began to speak.

"Hello, Mrs. Hargrave! My name is Bianca, and I'm going to be training your daughter." She shifted a little, then continued. "Um, I'm under regulation to tell your daughter the rules of being a collection officer, so would you mind giving us some privacy?"

Melanie's mother hesitated, but slowly nodded. "Whatever you say. Good luck, Honey." Melanie's mother then hugged her, and walked away. Once she was out of earshot, Bianca turned to Melanie and took a deep breath. "Your name's Melanie, right? Well, I have both a confession and a request to make."

"Um, okay," Melanie replied. "What is it?"

Bianca swallowed. "I'll start with the confession. The whole 'collection officer' thing? That was a lie. I'm not working for the Empire, and I doubt the Empress knows I'm here."

Melanie's jaw dropped. "What?! B-but you have Pokemon on you! That means-"

"Yes," Bianca interrupted. "I'm a rebel."

Melanie started to back away slowly. "That means you're on the top of the Empire's hit list! If the Empress finds out you're here..."

"I know," Bianca responded. "However, that brings me to my request." She then pulled a container that held three Pokeballs out of her bag and opened it. "I have three Pokemon on me right now. Tell me, Melanie, have you ever heard of a trainer named Gwyn?" Melanie was too dumbfounded to talk, so Bianca continued. "He was the leader of a revolt, and the closest chance this region had for freedom. Sadly, he fell to the Empire, and all records of him were erased from the public."

"Wait a second," Melanie finally said. "If nobody can know or talk about this Gwyn person, how come you know about him?"

Bianca smiled slightly. "I was one of his closet companions. I'm planning a second rebellion, and I want you to be the first civilian to join me."

Melanie felt dizzy. "But... why?"

Bianca shrugged. "Why I'm starting a rebellion, or why I chose you? For the first, I knew Gwyn very well, and he rebelled because he wanted all people to be able to own Pokemon freely. I don't want his dreams to die. As for the second, I could have chosen anybody. I figured that I'd pick somebody from this city since the Empress never paid too much attention to it, and I decided to chose somebody who was young enough to fly under the Empire's radar, yet old enough to understand the gravity of the situation. You were one of the few people here that fit the bill. Now, please, choose one of these Pokemon, and-"

Suddenly, a Tepig burst out of the brush, pounced on Bianca, and knocked the container of pokeballs out of her hands. Bianca screamed, and the Tepig ran over to a young boy, roughly Melanie's age. Melanie had seen him before; his name was Hugh, and he was the town's newest collection officer. He smirked slightly as he picked up one of the pokeballs and inspected it. "Well, well, well. Look what we have here; somebody illegally distributing Pokemon." He shot Bianca a death glare. "I heard you were going to make somebody a new collection officer, so I came to welcome them to the party. I got suspicious when I saw you two talking by yourselves, so I sent my Tepig to investigate. You two are going t have to come with me."

Suddenly, Melanie snapped into action. "Like hell we will!" she screamed, quickly picking up one of the pokeballs and throwing it. Out came a Snivy. Melanie cursed her luck; why did she have to have a type disadvantage? Regardless, she decided to go on the defensive. "Snivy, use Leer!" The Snivy glared at the Tepig, and it slowly began to back away.

"Tepig, what are you doing?" Hugh shouted. "Get back there and fight! Use Tackle!" The Tepig looked up to him, then reluctantly charged forward. Snivy took the hit square in the chest, but landed on its feet and bounced back with a tackle of its own. The Tepig recoiled in pain, and desperately charged forward with a second Tackle; however, Snivy managed to see it coming and charged forward with a Tackle. The two collided head on, and while Snivy was dazed, Tepig went flying and collapsed to the ground, fainted. Hugh looked in shock; the situation for him had been flipped on its head. Now, it was he who was at the mercy of a Pokemon Trainer.

"Tell you what," Melanie said, looking Hugh straight in the eye. "Leave us alone and don't report this incident to anybody, and we'll leave you alone. Live and let live; sounds good, right?"

Hugh, disgusted, nodded and began to back away. "This isn't over," he warned, and finally ran off. As he turned away, Bianca took a small headset out of her pocket and handed it to Melanie.

"I'd like to take this," she said, "as a thanks for saving me.I guess you don't really have a choice about joining the rebellion now, so I figure I might as well give you every shot you have. This headset will let you understand the language of Pokemon. Please, try it on."

Melanie looked it over, then decided to try it on. Once it was comfortably fit on her head, she looked at the Snivy and said to it, "Hello. Can you understand me?"

The Snivy looked up at her. "Wait, you can speak Pokemon?" It said. "Why didn't you help me out more in the fight?!"

Normally, Melanie would have questioned her entire existence: in the span of a few minutes, she had joined a rebellion, obtained a Pokemon, and started talking with one. However, she was too caught up in the situation to wonder about anything right now. "Look, I'm sorry I wasn't more help, but that's besides the point. What's your name?"

The Snivy rolled its eyes. "My name's Gwynevre. I guess I'm yours now. Pleased to meet you, boss."

Ignoring the Snivy's snark, Melanie turned to Bianca. "Look, I appreciate everything you've given me, but I can't topple an empire witm just one Snivy. Do you have any more Pokemon?"

Bianca's smile faltered. "Unfortunately, no. That jerk took the other two Pokemon I had on me, and I don't think getting them back is an option. However, there are still some wild Pokemon out there. Gwyn was able to find them, and I bet you can too." She looked at the Snivy, who had its arms crossed and was tapping its foot impatiently. "Anyway, I doubt that punk will keep his end of the bargain. I'll get out of here, but you should too. Don't even say goodbye; the Empire works fast. Good luck, Melanie."

~

Well, there you have it. My first chapter, up to the fight against Hugh. Let me know what you think!

Cool story bro but Blaze Black 2 is a child game compared to Blaze Black 1; if you really wanted chaos and death to be in your history you should try hell a.k.a Blaze Black 1

But this looks promising a.f

Edited by Durken