Your Ideal Job/Career and Why

pbood2

Hello Reborn.

I'm pbood2 as you can tell by my user name lol.

I have been thinking a lot recently about what kind of career/job I want to end up having by the end of my career life and I was thinking see what others have in mind for their ideal job basically meaning what you would want to do as a job and why would you want to do that as a career?

For me since I am thinking about it recently and I am starting the thread ( ;) ), I'm thinking currently I would want to do a career where I try to help people if I can who are struggling to voice their opinions or thoughts such as a psychiatrist maybe. I have a deep sympathy for people who deal with suicide and I always hope I can help them change their mind and see their value in the world which is why I think being a psychiatrist would be a good career even though I don't have any psychology degree, masters in psychology or PhD lol. I also am currently pursuing a business designation so perhaps a business career would be ideal because I do have an interest in it. But then there's the matter of doing my own fangame and having the time of my life when I am working with my team or when I am thinking of the plot or something should go in the game which I love because it makes me smile and happy to be thinking of creative things or ideas. I could keep doing this as a hobby and even doing another game in the future after Darkness or consider moving forward and applying to be a game tester or something for a game company in the future despite not having the computer science degree though when someone tries to teach me about CS, I am always interested and googly-eyes lol.

Dang so many choices, so little time in reality. This is part of the reason I am curious what your ideal job would be and why.

Can't wait to see the responses. I'm already excited just thinking about it. :)

Have a great night/day.

One thing for clarification, actually psychiatrists' job descriptions are vastly different from psychologists, to be a psychiatrist you need an MD (Doctor of medicine) or MBBS(Bachelor of medicine and surgery), basically it means 4-8 years of med school depending on where you study medicine , then you have to take licensing exam in which in your case is held by Canadian medical council or USMLE, followed by psychiatry residency, and psychiatrists treat mental illnesses mainly by medical interventions while psychologists treat patients with counselling(cognitive behavioural therapy etc)

My ideal job/career would be a professorship at top tier universities with a research facility while enjoying writing on the side.

I am currently studying a career on computer science and real time interactive simulation programming. I love programming, and I enjoy game design too, so my ideal job is to be a programmer in the video game industry. I'm still unsure of what branch I would like to take though. I've done gameplay and engine programming, but I almost haven't done graphics yet, so I don't know if I will like it or not. I do know however that I would prefer a more technical job, such as a technical director or engine or tool programmer, than game designer or gameplay programmer.

I'm kind of torn between two. Becoming a Teacher or a Journalist.

I Like to write, so i'd like to find a job where i can do that for a living but at the same time I'd like to help others and teach. I'll probably just get an English degree then decide from there. Both jobs are apparently stressful (then again what isn't) and I wouldn't want to go into the kind of journalism that requires you to hound and bother people so that makes me feel uneasy about it. I'd like to do something that's memorable and lasts longer than I do, Write something really good or help someone achieve their goals and be remembered for that.

Edited by RudeStyle

Well..if you asked me a few years ago I'd have told you I want to be an english teacher. Now, since I'm studying to be a primary school teacher I want to study psychology

too, so I can be a child psychologist. I took this decision because I like to help people and I like to help someone overcome certain situations. Maybe, it's because I've been through rough patches in my life and when I needed someone to talk to, I was alone and I dealt with this all by myself (I believe that's a bit of a stupid reason but..okay). Also I find psychology really interesting. So..when I graduate from where I am now, I think I'll go for a second degree and study for another..3 years. After that who knows..

Physicist

I've always been good at and enjoyed my math and sciences. This year, I began with my AP Physics courses, and I've grown to love this branch of science. Though there is always a chance of changing majors in college, I think I will pursue some type of theoretical physics.

For me, there is no distinction between a dream and a goal; anything else would imply an idle fancy, which I dislike. So my dream career, so to speak, is my actual targeted career, which I am already in.

I'm currently a student of accountancy, corporate law and tax audits, while also doing a course in economics and statistics at college. In the next three years, I'm aiming to finish both and obtain my qualifications as a Chartered Accountant. In the future, I am aiming towards an MBA in Banking and Finance, which I have long known to be my forte, and I plan on using my education in my country's Civil Services. I have also come to realise that I'd make a good teacher, so perhaps in the later part of life, after I have fulfilled what responsibilities I may have towards my family and people, I might decide to become a lecturer. I've always wanted to do a doctorate in Economics, because I'm the type of person who likes to educate himself as much as he can.

Here's to the future. Nothing can stop us!