Hey smart people, how's my first-run team?

twsstastic

Current team is on my trainer card in my sig. Greninja is Protean, Scrafty has Moxie, Arcanine has Flash Fire, Emolga has Static, Gothitelle has Competitive, Donphan has Sturdy.

Just beat Fern in the forest next to Bouffalant/Tauros. I'm noticing some pretty exciting Pokemon but I'm just so familiar with my team I don't know what I'd do with them. Anyone notice any glaring problems that will wall me as the game progresses? Thanks.

If you really wanted to changed something, I'd change Gothitelle (which is pretty slow) with Gardevoir, which you can get in the Railnet which isn't too much backtracking. It also adds a fairy typing to your team as well.

Gardevoir will be super useful in the near future as well.

Pokemon and ability wise, you're pretty good aside from Greninja and Scrafty both being weak to Fairy types. Moveset wise, you don't have your Trainer Card up for others to see, so I can't judge that.

SHOOT. Fixed it, though now it seems to be up twice. Whateverrr

Good to hear. Though technically Greninja is only weak to fairy sometimes...could just become a rock type or something ;)

I'd say it's pretty solid as of now. You might want to switch your Donphan out depending on the situation, but having sturdy will help in the long run. By the way, you have two trainer cards.

I'd say it's pretty solid as of now. You might want to switch your Donphan out depending on the situation, but having sturdy will help in the long run. By the way, you have two trainer cards.

I know. I saw that, then tried to delete one, it deleted both, tried to add jsut one, i have two lol. I'll live...

Donphan's bulk and attack power are surprisingly useful, as is Sturdy (killed Abra with it). I'm sure nice times will dictate a swap of course

I found Donphan to be incredibly useful do it's pretty good attack stat, Sturdy ability and the access to Earthquake. There have been a lot of situations where the Sturdy/Earthquake strategy helped my take out some serious threats that were outspeeding me or overpowering or something. So i'd pretty much recomend him plus he can carry Rock Smash and Strenght because he doesn't get (as far as i remember) any other great moves (besides with breeding)

Though I'm not that much of a Gardevoir user (only used him once) I too think it would be a good idea to replace Gothitele with it.
Other than that the team looks pretty solid to me. Maybe you could train up a few more pokemon to be your rotation material, since the upcoming gyms are i belive Psychic, Dark, Fighting, Flying etc Gardevoir will probably be great in Luna's Dark Gym and Samson's Fighting Gym. I recommend Escavalier for Luna aswell
(some people might recommend Heracross but idk honestly cause i don't use him)

Also consider replacing Greninja's Water Shuriken with Dark Pusle once you get access to it aand maaaaybe there might be better electric types then Emolga like Jolteon perhaps. But that's up to you cause honestly the only time i see you really needing Electric types in the future is against Ciel (the flying type leader) and that's far ahead

Holy shit guys I just beat (spoilers) El's ditto arceus all THANKS to donphan...and the RNG. Two missed focus blasts got the field shattered and ceiling crumbled with earthquake, and sturdy took a judgment to collapse the cave.

DONPHAN LOVE

I would definitely recommend switching gothitelle for Gardevoir. Gardevoir is faster, stronger, learns excellent moves like Psychic, Calm Mind and Moonblast by level up, and adds a fairy type to your team which is greatly beneficial in the coming few laps of the game.

I would also add ExtremeSpeed over Flamethrower on Arcanine, as the spark fire move is redundant over flare blitz. It can learn ESpeed via Heart Scale; if you have discovered the House Key in the rock-smashable walls of the railnet, take it back to the Onyx Ward Move Title's house to allow her to reteach moves to you (she gives you one Heart Scale to start with, too.)

Payback is redundant with Crunch on Scrafty and is actually not very good in conjunction with DD, which raises speed. Having Brick Break for a reliable, non-recoil fighting STAB may be better.

Emolga is unfortunately useless by this stage. I seriously recommend getting a...ahem, Magnezone. It's worth all 180 Kg of its weight in gold.

If not, then the woods above have a Joltik event (at night, if I remember aright) and Galvantula is a much better electric type, with access to Bug Buzz, Sticky Web and dangerously accurate Thunders with compoundeyes. Or, a truly worthwhile addition to you team could be Heracross, which can be found in the southern woods after solving the log and spiderweb puzzle with Tauros, bouffalant, and the other Heracross and Pinsir that you can't catch but will clear obstacles if you beat their rival. Heracross or Galvantula makes the upcoming psychic and dark gyms much easier, while Gardevoir helps out with the Dark gym as well.

I would suggest Stealth Rock(i don't know if this is available to us or not, if not maybe later when it is accessible to us in future episode) over Giga Impact, as EQ is enough for STAB wallbreak, Giga Impact has recharge turn and is non STAB, Donphan's Sturdy is a perfect set up for entry hazards, plus what Viri suggested with Galvantula stacking up all entry hazards you can get.

Also alternatively, if you want a bulky special mon to replace Goth, Wish-Protect-Energy Ball/Psychic-Moonblast Florges is also feasible for that grass and fairy type coverage. Gardevoir as others suggested for special sweeper.

Pretty savage team IMO, though if it were me I would change a few things:

1) Like pretty much everyone has told you, Gardevoir > Gothitelle 8.5/10 times

2) I, personally, don't like donphan too much. I understand that it has sturdy, but I feel as if it's overall movepool, and generally reliability in the upcoming battles, will be lacking (at least, to an extent). I personally would change this to a Magnezone; magnezone has a better movepool, steel typing, and also has access to sturdy, which, when paired with mirror coat, allows it to revenge kill a lot of stuff.

3) Assuming you follow my advice about donphan, that would leave you with 2 electric types. I would switch out the emolga for a type that has STAB super-effectiveness on anything your team has trouble against. If it's nothing, then I would switch it too either a Honchcrow (because mafia hype) or to Staraptor, because staraptor has a beautiful movepool and a ridiculous attack stat.

But yeah man, either way, pretty savage team!

SO lovely people still following this, I have some updates. Goth is out, SHINY GARDEVOIR IS IN. Not that I needed it for the dark gym...Scrafty is insane. I also went to the Heart Scale guy and got some better/weirder moves out. Greninja swapped Water Shuriken for Night Slash (but is Dark Pulse better?) and Donphan got Fire Fang and Thunder Fang. Arcanine was neglected, I'm realizing, and I should probably get Extremespeed or something on there.

In other news, I caught a SHINY ROTOM. Wouldn't that make for an interesting electric replacement for Emolga? How do you even evolve magneton in ep 15?

Rotom could be an interesting electric type to replace emolga with. I'd certainly give it a go although magnezone is a nice choice as well depending on what you like more. They're both fun in their own ways!

I'm terms of the trainer card doubling thing, it automatically enters your signature which is why there are two, however you have to have something in your signature (this can be something like a tiny dot). So if you edit your signature to just have a full stop in it or something, it'll only display once.

Holy shit guys I just beat (spoilers) El's ditto arceus all THANKS to donphan...and the RNG. Two missed focus blasts got the field shattered and ceiling crumbled with earthquake, and sturdy took a judgment to collapse the cave.

DONPHAN LOVE

told ya :D