Dilemma(Current Location is Azurine Lake)

Ok, so I really don't like the water types that are available to you and it seems that the ones I do like are far away, my carvahna has bad ivs and I accidently saved after I got it. My current team is Chesnaught, Lopunny, Meowstic-M, Arcanine, and I plan to use Glaceon. ( I know that team is probably garbage but hey) so can anyone recommend me a different pokemon that can cover the weaknesses (fire is mostly the problem). Also, is east side gastrodon in this game, cause I could consider that if it is.

Edit: Oh I didn't even think about clauncher. Dragalge I guess could work well even without a water type. Hmmm. Thanks. :)

Edited by AquaLucario3

Available Now:

Corphish from Apophyll Beach can be a pretty good option, since it hits very hard with Adaptability + Water STAB + Dark STAB.

Palpitoad, Wooper, and Shellos from Azurine Island are fairly bulky and decent offensively. However, Wooper line is the only one of the three to get Earthquake naturally, and the Earthquake TM isn't available yet, while Seismitoad can get some cool moves like Drain Punch from level up.

Available Later:

Skrelp can be found by fishing with the Super Rod in Coral Ward, which you'll get very soon, and while it evolves into a non-Water type, it hits very hard with just Sludge Wave, Dragon Pulse, and Hydro Pump + Adaptability.

You can find a Eevee in Chyrsolia Railnet, and Vaporeon is a very nice Pokemon being very bulky and strong at the same time. Although, you'll have to breed if you choose this, since you want to use a Glaceon as well.

You can revive Kabuto, Omanyte, and Tirtouga in Spinel Museum, and each of them are pretty strong in their own way.

Clauncher with Mega Launcher and moves boosted by that hits pretty hard, as well.

Piplup from 7th Street doesn't have a great level up movepool, but it does have nice stats and a great typing, which is a plus.

These Pokemon are up to the ninth badge, as after that, if you progress further, you'll be locked out of the city and won't be able to get them until you finish the stuff in the area you're stuck in. There's some pretty good Water types from that point on, as well, like Spheal, Horsea, Totodile, Lapras, and Feebas, but those would be late game.

Can't you get Binacle on Apophyll Beach? Water/Rock with Shell Smash is apparently not bad.
And there is also the Mighty (Unaware) Quagsire! (a little hint of sarcasm, but Amnesia'll do wonders on a certain field)

Once you'll get to spinel, be sure to complete the Museum Quest asap, 'cause Archeops is destructive as hell.

Have you considered adding an electric type to you team. One thing I love to do is add an ice and an electric type member to the team as they cover a majority of the Pokemon you face. If it is not defeat-able by ice beam than a thunder bolt will annihilate them. also consider thunder wave electro ball if you do consider this its hilarious.

As a recommendation for a good water type, going to be shocking, but Biberal or even Bidoof is a very good pokemon. With simple biberal can make a very big glove slap. Simple + Curse can turn it into a Armageddon Tank with high damage, high tank ability and is safely pulled off with rest to follow, and not to mention a held chesto berry. If you prefer a special defense give it amnesia, and simple will get it done in one turn. Waterfall, Strength to HM moves are turned into powerful punching forces with 1-2 curses.

However, if you prefer a more reliable and stronger water type than corphish and clauncher would be my opinion.