Usually Nidoking is used as a scarfer, so it only gets the Sheer Force boost. The very rare LO set that acts as a wallbreaker seriously lacks in Speed.

A M-Nidoking that keeps Sheer Force essentially has a pre-built Life Orb inside it, so the damage output is more or less the same.

By adding some more bulk or enough Spe to outspeed key threats Nidoking instantly becomes a pokemon that can take different roles in the meta and may get a spot in someone's team. I've been a fan of Nidoking's from the times it didn't need a Moon Stone to evolve, so my views may be biased, but from a competitive standpoint it needs those boosts to be a threatening pokemon in the meta. Don't worry that it gets overpowered, because it won't.

For reference see what boosts Metagross, Slowbrah and Sableye received. A Mega needs to be a better version of its original self, so a fast Nidoking with adequate bulk and ability to hit in both spectrums is a nice idea that shouldn't be overlooked. Usually people go all out when creating a mega, turning it into the most broken thing they can think of. Here we are restraining ourselves too much in fear of making it OP, and end up with not much added. Sure, EQ hits a lot harder now, but it's small things that take a pokemon from "meh" to "wow" (while keeping it balanced ofc).

It may even work as a future reference point. It sure has potential.

EDIT: I found a video with the exact same creation

Absolutely agree with Nick Crash. Speed tier decides everything, adding a few points and bringing it over the 100 barrier is infinitely more useful than adding another 10 points to Attack or SpA. But I also think that increased speed doesn't really fit into OPs design, his M-Nidoking reminds me of Abomasnow's Mega.

That clefable Mega creeps me out.

That's probably the point though, it mirrors Gengar.

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

I know that it's based off the whole Clefable-Gengar Nexus, but for once I'd like to see Clefable and Gengar have totally different Mega evolutions. Since a Mega is a human-induced reaction, and not a natural thing, it is safe to assume that Clefable's actual hidden potential is something very different than Gengar's.

I might draw this sometime in the future. Thanks for the idea, even if it was inadvertent.

Absolutely agree with Nick Crash. Speed tier decides everything, adding a few points and bringing it over the 100 barrier is infinitely more useful than adding another 10 points to Attack or SpA. But I also think that increased speed doesn't really fit into OPs design, his M-Nidoking reminds me of Abomasnow's Mega.

Honestly, if it were up to me at first, I'd would have gotten him over the 100 barrier with my first draft. But I went with a safer spread to prevent the initial discussion from focusing on that in the first place.

In regards to the design, its actually slightly smaller than slimmer than Nido (the arms and spikes make him look bigger than he actually is), so someone could argue that it should be faster and stronger offensively than the standard Nido. But then that is also in part the result of me trying to fit the design into the BW standard sprite size. Besides, it is set in stone.