Making grinding bearable

Halloween

So okay, I'm due to a flight in six hours and I haven't even began packing yet, sleep is out of question; naturally I'm still grinding Tyrantrum for Charlotte's gym.

So far I've seen two murder documentaries, one angry child sociopath, at least six episodes of last week with John Oliver, and an infinite number of Honest Trailers (did you know that they used to have another dude doing them, and that he was terrible?)

But see, I'm not a gamer, the hardest job I've ever had to do involved a bar where everyone else was in skirts that ended where they started. People that soft-reset for EVs are to me what people that willingly wake up at 6am probably are to you - admirable, but no. I'm also on a mac, so i can't speed up the game to make the process more... not appalling. What do you guys do while grinding?

this has been a lot of extra words for that short question.

bearable-it-may-be-hard-but-it-is-bearab

So okay, I'm due to a flight in six hours and I haven't even began packing yet, sleep is out of question; naturally I'm still grinding Tyrantrum for Charlotte's gym.

So far I've seen two murder documentaries, one angry child sociopath, at least six episodes of last week with John Oliver, and an infinite number of Honest Trailers (did you know that they used to have another dude doing them, and that he was terrible?)

But see, I'm not a gamer, the hardest job I've ever had to do involved a bar where everyone else was in skirts that ended where they started. People that soft-reset for EVs are to me what people that willingly wake up at 6am probably are to you - admirable, but no. I'm also on a mac, so i can't speed up the game to make the process more... not appalling. What do you guys do while grinding?

this has been a lot of extra words for that short question.

bearable-it-may-be-hard-but-it-is-bearab

Well, about those IVs...I kinda have a neat trick for that...It's called 'a version of E14 with a very interesting bug'. Simply put, I can transfer 6 IV-stats and a nature instead of only five, and I can assert one of those IV-stats.

The trick is gathering a couple mons of the same egg group to create one mon with 6 perfect IVs, and from there you breed to get such a mon in each group by using mons that belong to more than one (example: Nuzleaf is Field/Grass). A bit tedious in the beginning, but pays off in the long run (in speed and results). The buggy version is just there to speed things up a lot (by eliminating some RNG), and makes it so you don't need two mons with 5 good IVs (respectively for a physical and a special attacker) but only one with six.

Yes, you can lose a couple hours to it, and depending on your playstile it can be too pricy (that's another thing, breeding isn't for free) and to much of an effort to be worth it.

You can also watch One Punch Man, if you're bored. Doesn't dissapoint :)

P.S. I can't get up early, but soft resetting a couple times (or just when it's really bad) only takes 5-10 minutes normally if you're unlucky (if you have a free slot in your team to check quickly). A bit tedious, but fairly ok imo.

I usually just put on a youtube video in the background and half-watch it or have music and talk to people

sometimes i get distracted but it eventually gets done

As somebody with 914 hours logged into Warframe, I can safely say the easiest way to deal with the grind is to wipe your memory of doing the grinding before so it feels like you're doing it for the first time.

Again, totally safe.

I mean, if you are really into it, try making a code that automated the process of grinding by having an automated AI do the dirty work for you by selecting what pokemon to train up to what level then uses moves that best fit the situation and grind till it is at that level, and run that in the background while watching anime or something.

But that is just me being crazy. Who knows?

Try pretending to commentate on each battle as though it's a sports match. Maybe it'll make things more interesting. Worked for me once.

You Sir are a genius.

My mind wandered off to some place else when i was grinding. Otherwise, i was just listening to music while grinding.