I don't like farming games. Should I get Stardew Valley?

Mistyride

stardew valley  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get Stardew Valley?

Based off of what I've seen from streams, it's not just farming. IMO, you should get it since the price is relatively cheap compared to other games nowadays and you'll be able to spend a large amount of time playing the game.

• Supporter

I've played all of these games (Fantasy Life is so good, gosh darnit). I'd have to say that while it certainly isn't all farming, it's a pretty good bit of it. Like, I'd say 60% farming, 40% other. By other, I mean what you'd normally consider par for the course in Fantasy Life -- mining, fishing, quests, etc. If you don't like farming games at all, then honestly, this might not be the best game for you if you're looking for something with a more balanced approach to gameplay (like Fantasy Life or to a less extent, Animal Crossing).

[/two cents]

I'd recommend it. I've never played any other farming games, but I feel like it's twenty five percent farming game, twenty five percent hack and slash, twenty five percent social/simulator, twenty five percent other. So yeah, I'm not a fan of farming games, but I've put fifty hours so far.

• 5 months later...