Rayza (Leafeon) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Leaf Guard

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

- Leaf Blade

- Double-Edge

- Synthesis

I use this fella as my speedy Attacker, Using Jolly, Swords Dance, and Leaf Blade, and it holds a Life Orb to boost damage

059.png

Legend (Arcanine) @ Life Orb

Ability: Flash Fire

Adamant Nature

- Flare Blitz

- Extreme Speed

- Wild Charge

- Close Combat

This guy is my Speedy Sweeper, I know 2 attackers isn't the best thing, but I've only lost a few times in UU

302.gif

Stanly (Sableye) @ Leftovers

Ability: Prankster

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD

Calm Nature

- Recover

- Will-O-Wisp

- Taunt

- Foul Play

This Pokemon is my Status effect doer, basically a UU Umbreon, but with burning instead of Toxic

181-mega.gif

Fabaros (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite

Ability: Mold Breaker

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Brave Nature

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

- Volt Switch

- Dragon Pulse

This is my mega he does Special damage, and can leave if a Fairy type shows up

317.gif

Goblin (Swalot) (F) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Sticky Hold

EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpA / 60 Spe

Quiet Nature

- Sludge Bomb

- Giga Drain

- Ice Beam

- Earthquake

Goblin is my Tank, and also is my Poison type, in case of Fairy Mons

142.png

Dyno (Aerodactyl) @ Life Orb

Ability: Pressure

Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Roost

This is my lead he sets up stealth rocks, and can do some decent damage

This is my first one of theses so sorry, if the explanations aren't great I'm just getting into Competitive, but anyways I lead with the Aerodatyl to set up stealth rocks, and I have a few PU pokemon, because I wann prove they ain't worthless, cuz Jolly Leafeon is a good attacker with the right EV's, and Jolly Nature, and Swalot, can take hits so yeah, any suggestions will be welcomed even a suggestion to replace Swalot will be accepted

Your team looks pretty cool overall, I have just a few recommendations.

Leafeon is blessed with being able to use Knock Off, allowing coverage including for steel types, and lets you cripple certain Pokemon.

For Sableye, I recommend that you give it full HP and Sdef. Also, Will-O-Wisp and Foul Play kind of contradict each other. You can run either that or Knock Off.

Aerodactyl is a great lead pokemon due to it's utility and high speed. Try giving it a Focus Sash and leading with it, and also give it Taunt over Roost. The ground weakness is somewhat noticible, so keep that in mind.

How does this sound? Hope it helps!

Your team looks pretty cool overall, I have just a few recommendations.

Leafeon is blessed with being able to use Knock Off, allowing coverage including for steel types, and lets you cripple certain Pokemon.

For Sableye, I recommend that you give it full HP and Sdef. Also, Will-O-Wisp and Foul Play kind of contradict each other. You can run either that or Knock Off.

Aerodactyl is a great lead pokemon due to it's utility and high speed. Try giving it a Focus Sash and leading with it, and also give it Taunt over Roost. The ground weakness is somewhat noticible, so keep that in mind.

How does this sound? Hope it helps!

Is payback a good substitute for foul play

js burn doesn't affect foul play so you could keep that, although you could use a knock off Pokemon (Leafeon or Sableye works I guess)

Idk how to team build for UU but your team looks decent, although I'm a bit iffy on Swalot since I think there are better things to use, but since you want to prove PU Pokemon's worth, go for it.

Is payback a good substitute for foul play

Not really, Payback's damage is based off of raw power which Sableye does not have. I would take Foul Play, just remember not to foul play a burnt pokemon. The best substitute for Foul Play would be Knock Off, as Mega Sableye tends to run both.

js burn doesn't affect foul play so you could keep that, although you could use a knock off Pokemon (Leafeon or Sableye works I guess)

Idk how to team build for UU but your team looks decent, although I'm a bit iffy on Swalot since I think there are better things to use, but since you want to prove PU Pokemon's worth, go for it.

Foul play's damage is based off of the target's attack stat, which would be halved by a burn.

Not really, Payback's damage is based off of raw power which Sableye does not have. I would take Foul Play, just remember not to foul play a burnt pokemon. The best substitute for Foul Play would be Knock Off, as Mega Sableye tends to run both.

Foul play's damage is based off of the target's attack stat, which would be halved by a burn.

I switched Double-Edge on Leafeon for Knock off is that good, or shoul I keep Double-Edge, and add knockoff to sableye

Edited by Solarus

I'll throw a couple suggestions your way.

Leafeon - Knock Off over Double Edge and you're good to go. Or if you're feeling lucky, you can go Baton Pass to pass Swords Dance boosts onto Arcanine or Aerodactyl since they both appreciate it.

Sableye: More of a personal preference here, but I'd go 252 / 252 into Defense and HP with an Impish Nature to better wall physical attackers, because tbh Sableye can't really take special hits for jack.

Swalot - If you wanna prove a point with a Mon like that, go Muk. It has way better hitting power (although in physical) and fairly comparable coverage. Also a much better Assault Vest abuser than Swalot.

Ampharos - Okay. Brave Nature when you got no physical moves to take advantage of? Better to go Bold to maximize your current EV spread for Defense or balance it with Calm, unless you prefer power then go Modest.

Other than that, the team looks decent for a first-time competitor.

I'll throw a couple suggestions your way.

Leafeon - Knock Off over Double Edge and you're good to go. Or if you're feeling lucky, you can go Baton Pass to pass Swords Dance boosts onto Arcanine or Aerodactyl since they both appreciate it.

Sableye: More of a personal preference here, but I'd go 252 / 252 into Defense and HP with an Impish Nature to better wall physical attackers, because tbh Sableye can't really take special hits for jack.

Swalot - If you wanna prove a point with a Mon like that, go Muk. It has way better hitting power (although in physical) and fairly comparable coverage. Also a much better Assault Vest abuser than Swalot.

Ampharos - Okay. Brave Nature when you got no physical moves to take advantage of? Better to go Bold to maximize your current EV spread for Defense or balance it with Calm, unless you prefer power then go Modest.

Other than that, the team looks decent for a first-time competitor.

Thanks, I must of picked Brave accidentally, cuz I was not intending that, and I know I said I'd replace Swalot, but I kinda have a reason for using it, cuz it's my GF's fav Pokemon, and I wanna prove it doesn't suck

I have nothing to add to what Darvan said, he already highlighted all the issues with this team. Once you have fixed Ampharos' nature, this team is essentially good to go: I would recommend removing Swalot, but if it is your fav Pokemon, then I will say no more.

The only thing I feel like suggesting is this: UU is a tier that is VERY focused on stall. A lot of teams you will be facing will focus a lot on switching in and out... Meaning, it will hard for you to have the right Pokemon out at the right time. To counter this, it is a good idea to have a Volt-Turn core: you already have a Pokemon with Volt Switch, so IMO it would be wise to have a Pokemon with U-Turn. Options include:

1) Darmanitan over Arcanine: similar coverage, its Flare Blitz hits MUCH harder, gets U-Turn.

2) Whimsicott over Leafeon: Fairy is an important type to have in UU (what with Hydreigon lurking around), has Prankster to further troll opponents in tandem with Sableye, gets U-Turn.

3) Mienshao over Leafeon: Fake Out - Knock Off - U-Turn and a fighting-type move, with LO and Regen. Stays healthy throughout the match, can be crucial in finishing off dangerous opponents that are faster (I know you have E-Speed on Arcanine, but two prios are better than one), and of course, gets U-Turn.

Oh and a minor thing: your Swalot has a nature that reduces Speed... Then why does it have 60 Spe EVs? Did you mean SpDef?

Before I take a look at the team, I should clarify a thing about Foul Play. It takes the opponent's Attack stat and modifiers into account, but the rest is applied as normal. This means that burning the opposing pokemon will not decrease the damage dealt. However, being burnt yourself will. Similarly, if you hold a life orb and use Foul Play, you will increase damage by X1.3 and lose that 10% of health. If it's them who hold the life orb, it will not matter at all, and you will see that no 10% damage has been reduced. You can try this to verify.

Here's how Bulbapedia words it

Effect

Foul Play inflicts damage. It uses the target's Attack stat to calculate damage, as opposed to the user's Attack stat. The target's Attack stat modifier is incorporated into damage calculation. With the exception of the Attack stat and Attack stat modifier, all other factors affecting damage calculation, including the item, Ability, type, and status ailment of the user of Foul Play, are incorporated as normal. An exception to this are Huge Power andPure Power Abilities, Foul Play will be calculated with double the target's attack stat only if the user has one of the Abilities.

About the team, Tomas suggested some changes that effectively have 4/6 of your pokemon thrown out. I would too suggest Knock Off instead of Double-Edge and Darmanitan instead of Arcanine. There's no reason to use the canine if you don't do the Intimidate set. Darmanitan, especially with a choice scarf, is a much better option with pivoting potential. Unless you wish to turn Arcanine into a more physically defensive pokemon with Intimidate, I recommend Darmanitan.

Also, give Sableye a 248HP,252+SpD, 8Def Ev spread for maximum longevity. Few Fire type physical sweepers exist in the UU meta, and they are the only ones immune to your prankster WoW. Your 248HP EVs are more than enough to outlive them after a successful WoW. Plus priority in recovery is always nice. You could even go for Night Shade if you feel like it, but there are still some Normal types lurking in lower tiers.

I know Swalot is a pokemon you like, but it's not that effective. It's slow, weak, and outclassed both in the offensive and the defensive by better pokemon. Plus, it's Ground weak, and you cannot rely on Aerodactyl to avoid all Ground attacks or Leafeon, since it's actually quite frail and has no recovery. An awesome alternative to Swalot is Amoonguss. I usually don't like having 2 Grass types in my team, but if I were to choose which one to drop, it would not be Amoonguss. Spore, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain and a filler move of your choice (between Hp-ice, Hp-fire, Synthesis and Leech Seed) make this pokemon one of the most deadly even if it's just a stally mushroom, usually seen in a Regen core. It can fill in many teams, check the fairies, survive physical and special hits alike, mainly covering Sableye where it cannot work properly, and as for Fire types, you have your Fire pokemon of Choice, Aerodactyl and even M-Amphabulous to take care of them.

So there you go. I suppose, without changing your team too much (only 2 poke-switches and I kept Leafeon) we can make it better and keep the roles.

Get some set ideas from smogon as well, and come back to tell us about your progress. A replay or two would help (mainly because we are too lazy to read at long logs but all die for some video action)

Before I take a look at the team, I should clarify a thing about Foul Play. It takes the opponent's Attack stat and modifiers into account, but the rest is applied as normal. This means that burning the opposing pokemon will not decrease the damage dealt. However, being burnt yourself will. Similarly, if you hold a life orb and use Foul Play, you will increase damage by X1.3 and lose that 10% of health. If it's them who hold the life orb, it will not matter at all, and you will see that no 10% damage has been reduced. You can try this to verify.

Here's how Bulbapedia words it

Effect

Foul Play inflicts damage. It uses the target's Attack stat to calculate damage, as opposed to the user's Attack stat. The target's Attack stat modifier is incorporated into damage calculation. With the exception of the Attack stat and Attack stat modifier, all other factors affecting damage calculation, including the item, Ability, type, and status ailment of the user of Foul Play, are incorporated as normal. An exception to this are Huge Power andPure Power Abilities, Foul Play will be calculated with double the target's attack stat only if the user has one of the Abilities.

About the team, Tomas suggested some changes that effectively have 4/6 of your pokemon thrown out. I would too suggest Knock Off instead of Double-Edge and Darmanitan instead of Arcanine. There's no reason to use the canine if you don't do the Intimidate set. Darmanitan, especially with a choice scarf, is a much better option with pivoting potential. Unless you wish to turn Arcanine into a more physically defensive pokemon with Intimidate, I recommend Darmanitan.

Also, give Sableye a 248HP,252+SpD, 8Def Ev spread for maximum longevity. Few Fire type physical sweepers exist in the UU meta, and they are the only ones immune to your prankster WoW. Your 248HP EVs are more than enough to outlive them after a successful WoW. Plus priority in recovery is always nice. You could even go for Night Shade if you feel like it, but there are still some Normal types lurking in lower tiers.

I know Swalot is a pokemon you like, but it's not that effective. It's slow, weak, and outclassed both in the offensive and the defensive by better pokemon. Plus, it's Ground weak, and you cannot rely on Aerodactyl to avoid all Ground attacks or Leafeon, since it's actually quite frail and has no recovery. An awesome alternative to Swalot is Amoonguss. I usually don't like having 2 Grass types in my team, but if I were to choose which one to drop, it would not be Amoonguss. Spore, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain and a filler move of your choice (between Hp-ice, Hp-fire, Synthesis and Leech Seed) make this pokemon one of the most deadly even if it's just a stally mushroom, usually seen in a Regen core. It can fill in many teams, check the fairies, survive physical and special hits alike, mainly covering Sableye where it cannot work properly, and as for Fire types, you have your Fire pokemon of Choice, Aerodactyl and even M-Amphabulous to take care of them.

So there you go. I suppose, without changing your team too much (only 2 poke-switches and I kept Leafeon) we can make it better and keep the roles.

Get some set ideas from smogon as well, and come back to tell us about your progress. A replay or two would help (mainly because we are too lazy to read at long logs but all die for some video action)

Well, I had some replays, but I lost where I put em, and all of these sets from from Smogens Strategy Dex thing in the UU section, except Swalot cuz he doesn't have any of those, and I know it's a crap pokemon, but acording to that one Elite 4 Member it doesn't matter ,whether a Pokemon is weak, it's how you use em ,and so far my Gulpin's doin pretty well in Pokemon Reborn, and no Tomas is giving me 3 options to help my team

I have nothing to add to what Darvan said, he already highlighted all the issues with this team. Once you have fixed Ampharos' nature, this team is essentially good to go: I would recommend removing Swalot, but if it is your fav Pokemon, then I will say no more.

The only thing I feel like suggesting is this: UU is a tier that is VERY focused on stall. A lot of teams you will be facing will focus a lot on switching in and out... Meaning, it will hard for you to have the right Pokemon out at the right time. To counter this, it is a good idea to have a Volt-Turn core: you already have a Pokemon with Volt Switch, so IMO it would be wise to have a Pokemon with U-Turn. Options include:

1) Darmanitan over Arcanine: similar coverage, its Flare Blitz hits MUCH harder, gets U-Turn.

2) Whimsicott over Leafeon: Fairy is an important type to have in UU (what with Hydreigon lurking around), has Prankster to further troll opponents in tandem with Sableye, gets U-Turn.

3) Mienshao over Leafeon: Fake Out - Knock Off - U-Turn and a fighting-type move, with LO and Regen. Stays healthy throughout the match, can be crucial in finishing off dangerous opponents that are faster (I know you have E-Speed on Arcanine, but two prios are better than one), and of course, gets U-Turn.

Oh and a minor thing: your Swalot has a nature that reduces Speed... Then why does it have 60 Spe EVs? Did you mean SpDef?

It has speed ev's so it isn't stupidly slow, I kinda just copied everything from Smogen, yep I did it said SpD not Spe

Edited by Solarus

About the team, Tomas suggested some changes that effectively have 4/6 of your pokemon thrown out.

You do realize that I said "alternatives include", right? This means that, of the 3 (3, not 4) changes I suggested, he should choose only one to actually make <.<

In other words, he should go with the first option OR the second OR the third, not all 3 of them at once...

You do realize that I said "alternatives include", right? This means that, of the 3 (3, not 4) changes I suggested, he should choose only one to actually make <.<

In other words, he should go with the first option OR the second OR the third, not all 3 of them at once...

I told him; and I knew that I took your Darumaka Advice, and Swalot's not my fav pokemon but it's my GF's fav pokemon so that's why I'm using it

Edited by Solarus

I can see on my own. Naturally it's impossible for all 3 of the changes to be made, since 2 of them target Leafeon. The reason I went forward to 4/6 is that they hint more changes in other members in order for the main goal of the team to remain the same, while taking care of synergy among the members. At least, Whimsicott suggests so in order for it to show it's full potential and maximum synergy with other pokemon. I suppose it's clear now.