[OU] The Rains of Castamere

NickCrash

kEf8zjM.pngDnJpdhB.pnggCpALve.pngepXvjhm.pngpEzqpsF.png?10DAgte2.png

You asked for it, and a Lannister always pays his debts. This one is actually a tested team with M-Heracross as the centerpiece, and it's finally here for you to enjoy and give me feedback on. It's not a classic sweeping team, more of a balanced to bulky offensive one, I'd say. The members have considerable bulk on their own, so I focused on giving them proper offensive capabilities, as well as set the scene for an easier win, given how they come to cover each other's weaknesses. You may want to listen to this while you check the team:

Without further ado, I shall introduce the members.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZKVhlFd.gif

All I do is Tywin (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
This is the main star of the team. A BL pokemon with the ability to pack a punch. Strong, bulky, and fast when needed, M-Heracross can either punch holes in the enemy team, or obliterate it when it has reached its limits. The EV spread allows me to outspeed key threats before and after mega evolving, gives maximum attack so it can work as the ultimate wallbreaker it is supposed to be, and few EVs in HP to stay alive just a pick longer. I ran some damage calcs and it seems it makes little difference if I add more, so I thought I'd go all attack. Moveset is self explanatory given the mega's ability, while keeping CC for maximum damage. If that's not enough (Skarmory or M-Venusaur) I always have SD (also useful against M-Sableye). Used in all stages of the game. I just need a proper time to throw him in.
RBPyCUJ.gif
Daenerys Agrarian (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Pretty common set. Usually I have lefties on this one, but this time it's working as my side sweeper, revenge killer, water check and sweeper stopper before they turn too fast. Glare is a paralysis check even for Ground types, which means I can cripple a scarfed Lando-T or Excadrill or even a RawrChomp. This little pokemon is Leaf-Stormborn and gains power while the foe faints. A paralyzed foe is an easy target for Heracross to come back later and kill on its own pace. This one also knows Hp-fire and Dragon Pulse for maximum coverage. It's the mother of dragons that kills her children and if it has enough boosts, it can take some Steel types head on. Fastest pokemon in the team and helps everyone else go faster if need be. Lucky the IV spread does not make any difference, since there's no pokemon at 112 base speed.
dP7XO7w.gif
The Hill (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
Ser Heatran is a powerhouse many think is defensive. Then they see how fast and powerful it can be. Fire and Blood Ground coverage cover several threats that come in unprepared for the sheer force they will face. The EV spread allows me to outspeed Tornadus and the moveset gives me a nice edge over glass cannons and walls, which are brought down easier, bar pink fat blobs. Stone Edge, even if hindered by the ability, is there for a surprize kill on things weak to Rocks but otherwise untouched, as well as gain some physical coverage to apply pressure on my opponent. Now things like Zard Y, Volcarona, Talonflame, even Thundurus (if I'm locked) cannot come in safely. Faster than it looks and equally deadly. Revenge killer and a jack of all trades.
5KECKBt.gif
Thoros of Beer (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The dedicated physical wall. This guy has saved me so many times in the past I could only save a spot for him. Incredible typing for defense mode, great synergy with Heatran and Heracross, plus another check to Talonflame and a burn-applier. Yes, Speed might not be the only stat I cripple since some powerhouses are already way too slow, so I unburden them from their other tools. Also the residual damage is a nice thing to cause as I recover with lefties. Pain Split to beat fat blobs and regain power even from the hardest of situations while still inflicting some, Hydro Pump for hydraulic reasons and to drown common threats. Volt switch for pivoting, which never hurt anyone. It offers nice thinking games while stopping physical attackers on their tracks. Since it's slow, it can bring a comrade in with safety and do chip damage while it's at it.

5MkWdVI.gif

Le Bronn James (Bisharp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 36 HP / 192 Atk / 144 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
Another very rare set for a pokemon that can destroy half the tier if played right. Bisharp is there to provide the team will the low cunning it needed to get rid of any pesky threat that dares challenge my sweepers and bulky revenge killers. Psychic types cannot get a break, fairies sleep with one eye open, and the surprize of pursuit and AV may even win me the game. Pursuit helps not only with psychic types that want to get away, but also weakened opponents that might prove to be a nuisanse mid or late-game. Defiant helps overcome the need for SD, so AV adds to my survivability and I tweaked the EVs around for maximum turns alive. 136 speed helps me outspeed threats like Azumarill and other faster ones that either rely on DD or defense, so I can hit harder, faster with enough bulk to take down 1 or 2 opponents. In a showdown between this Bisharp and a Magnezone, guess who wins.
9a2engK.gif
Gal Drogo (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
Another defender with multiple roles. Its decent bulk allows me to set rocks up or throw the occasional T-wave to stop sweepers at their tracks, S-boiled is for reliable recovery that stacks with lefties and makes up for the loss of CM, and Moonblast is there because I need something to attack Dragons, Dark types and Fighters who do not acknowledge my superiority. If I manage to reduce their SpA, good for me, even if it's hardly needed. EVs are standard, so is the ability, and along with Serperior, they set the speed tier wherever I want. So in a way, I may apply speed control with a team that never gave that impression, since AV Bisharp and Heatran bluff the semi-stall. Clefable has saved this team multiple times as well, mainly because it can force so many switches and lure in Steel types for the other members to kill.
So all in all, that's it. What do you think? Feel free to drop by, enjoy a nice cup of tea, and give me some tips on how to make this team stronger or more reliable. Thank you for making it this far, and I wish you the best of luck in your battles.
Sorry for the long post. Have an importable

All I do is Tywin (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Daenerys Agrarian (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary