Pokemon Survival Mode

youngjake93

Hi guys! I am here to share my Pokemon fan-game with you! This is a game that is similar in style to Nazi Zombies, BoxHead, etc. Basically, you control a Pokemon and see how long you can survive against endless waves of enemies. There are 8 Pokemon to choose from currently with several moves each. There are also 3 different maps to play. Finally, there is an online hiscore table to prove you are the best in the world at Pokemon Survival Mode!

http://floatzgames.weebly.com/pokemon-survival-mode.html

So it's like an infinite version of Pokemon Tower Defense?

Not quite. You move around, aim your moves, etc. You don't use towers, you play as the Pokemon and last as long as possible.

You can move around pretty quickly with Agility, push enemies away from you with Whirlwind, dish out big damage with Hydro Pump, put enemies to sleep with Sleep Powder, etc. Use your moves to survive and kill enemies.

So it's like an infinite version of Pokemon Tower Defense?

I put a demo video up on the link so you can check it out before you download

• 2 weeks later...

This seems like it'll be pretty awesome especially if you keep working on it. I'm gonna give it a try.

Edit: Sooo after playing the game some it is actually really fun! If my input counts for anything I personally not a huge fan of the controls as I find it hard to attack and move at the same time. But overall a really awesome game and I hope you continue working on it!!!

Edited by Atlas105

This seems like it'll be pretty awesome especially if you keep working on it. I'm gonna give it a try.

Edit: Sooo after playing the game some it is actually really fun! If my input counts for anything I personally not a huge fan of the controls as I find it hard to attack and move at the same time. But overall a really awesome game and I hope you continue working on it!!!

Thanks for the feedback! I have heard many comments on the controls. I use the same controls as MOBAs(League/Dota/HOTS) because it is impossible to move with arrow keys, aim with mouse AND have a 3rd hand for ability buttons. However I will add an option to change controls in the future.

I'm glad you found it fun!

Oh and I forgot to say, the game says that I have to get 50 kills to unlock the next map. But all the maps were already unlocked. I'm assuming this is some sort of glitch so I thought I should point it out.

Yea I turn off that restriction for playtests, but then sometimes forget to turn it back off. Thanks

ok game was fun I started out and played 4 or 5 rounds couldn't get to 50 kills then on my last attempt I got there but halfway there the game started lagging tremedously. I eventually got to 80something kills but the lag became too bad and I couldn't play

Went on to the next route and the lag started immediately. The game doesn't look taxing on resources and my laptop has handled pretty much everything I have thrown at it alright so I am not sure what was going on.

ok game was fun I started out and played 4 or 5 rounds couldn't get to 50 kills then on my last attempt I got there but halfway there the game started lagging tremedously. I eventually got to 80something kills but the lag became too bad and I couldn't play

Went on to the next route and the lag started immediately. The game doesn't look taxing on resources and my laptop has handled pretty much everything I have thrown at it alright so I am not sure what was going on.

Not sure. I have been doing engine optimizations even when people said it ran fine on their computers. What browser are you using?