A Pokemon Reborn Manga/Animated Series

SatanicSceptile

Not this again.
Quoting the last time I posted in a topic like this:

I honestly cannot think of anyone with the skills, the willingness, and the consistency to start an anime project and see it through the end.

How about making a manga instead? The sheer amount of webcomics that exist around the internet proves that making a webcomic is MUCH easier than making anything animated. To make it a full-fledged manga, you'd merely need a guy talented enough to draw stuff for you.

Or you could make a sprite comic like 8-bit theater, in which case you wouldn't even need that: you could simply grab Reborn's sprites and do everything on your own.

I know this is a far less appealing idea but... Sometimes, you need to be realistic. It is better to embark in a so-so project that you CAN see through the end, than in a great project that will probably never leave development stage, or fall apart shortly after.

And

I would also like to add to my previous post that a webcomic is just a matter of visuals, which makes it ineherently easier to do because, guess what? An anime is NOT just a matter of visuals. You need to make an OST for it, you need sound effects and, most importantly, you need VOICE ACTORS. Where are you planning to recruit voice actors? How are you planning to keep in touch with them? And most importantly, how are you planning to record their voices in a clear, high-quality format which you can then use for your cartoon?

These are also questions that need to be answered, it is not just a matter of "who is going to animate it?". And as a former member of a silly group that redubbed movies for fun, I can guarantee you: the audio part is MUCH harder to deal with than one would think.

So yeah, a sprite comic is easily doable, in fact you yourself could do it. An actual manga requires at least one talented artist, and I cannot think of many with both the talent and the free time right now (Zim is busy with Se7en and I would kill him if he were to embark in another project, Zumi has a project going too, and there are at least a couple of people around here who would demand to be paid if asked for artistic help). An anime requires a full team, with people taking care of multiple roles. Good luck assembling such a team over the internet.

If we are thinking of an anime, it cost around US$ 2-4 MILLION to make a MID-BUDGET 12 episodes anime, heck, a US$2 million anime could be considered a low budget one.

Yes, 4/5 of the budget goes to paying the TV to broadcast it and buying the rights to animate something, but even so it's very difficult (To not say impossible) for us to animate something.

A key frame (the drawing that's used to animate something) can be used for 5-8 seconds MAX on a scene before it becomes repetitive, add that Reborn is a heavy in action story so key frames would be quite numerous, and those things are very hard to draw. Yes, we could go to full CG style like RWBY, but I don't know any good CG animator that would join a big project for free.

Voice actors had been already covered by Ame, even if we do search for people in the forum who would do it for free, the quality would be hard to find.

And the most difficult of all of these, doing this in a relative short amount of time, you can have a year or two between episodes or people will forget about it.

Doing a comic is more possible, we need someone who wants to do it and know how to use Illustrator/Photoshop/Random drawing tool from the PC. I have seen a lot of comiclockes (nuzlocke comic) in the internet and they're awesome, but yeah, we need an artist with a lot of free time to waste.