Fire Emblem Fates [Waifu Simulator 2k16]

Stealth

argh... the pain of power-grinding all characters to about the same levels... I'm out of master-seals and all non promoted characters are level 20 xD

I found like two of them in random grinding battles, my shop is empty and doesn't have any kind of seals anymore [it's still silver-rank] and now I never get droppable items in battles...

Will seals eventually become unlimited to be bought in the shop?? - or are they getting re-stocked after certain story-chapters?

(and then I have to start getting the child characters... argh!!! why do these games have so much characters???)

also... will there be a way to trade Food-Items into other types? (like with the Gems for crafting) - I have like 40+ fish but only like 5 of all the other stuff... and I can't get rid of them! I bought these Tiara-accessories for everyone with Fish... and I still have that many!

Seals become unlimited later on (w/ Level 3 Rod Shop after Chapter 20, IIRC). If you can't wait that long, other people's Rod/Staff Shops will stock them as well if they're level 3. And AFAIK, you can't turn Food into different food - Gotta go find those MyCastles for more food.

Anyway, finished Conquest a few days ago (thanks in part to cheesing the Final Chapter) and, upon reflection, I honestly think I like the story better than Birthright. Also dat based Effie tho.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah well... gotta power through a few chapters then... I think my next one is Chatpter 18.

(I have so little time to play... and now Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is around the corner...)

so the renewable food and gems are random for each castle... hmmm... you know i like the idea of it... IF ANYONE IN MY AREA WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY 3DS/THAT GAME!

seriously, everytime something is locked behind spot/Street-pass, I know I won't get it, because no matter where I go, I get a maximum of 1 Person... playing Mario Kart or something like this.

and yes, I always take my 3DS with me.. even to work^^

So I have just now finished my second lunatic mode run with the goal of just beating lunatic mode again with as little casualties as possible. That said, did I not lose everyone on endgame again?

No.

Fuck that chapter and everything in it. The enemies are just too strong, so strategically placed, that there is no way to get through it without losing at the least 1 or 2 units, unless you rescue staff and pass cheese it, but that's just bullshit, and I'm not like that.

So because it just never gets easier and never changes, I won't go over it again. Instead, I'll go over this runs specific MVPs.

Azura: For being the greatest fucking dancer of all time and getting me through chapter 25 and Endgame easier.

Kaze: For pretty much sweeping through chapter 17 and any mage that crossed him anytime after.

Ophelia: For being the best damn witch and murdering everything with her capped magic and warp. Edit: I just had the realization that i could've beaten endgame with 0 deaths if I brought her along, will likely edit this later with results.

Camilla: This one goes without saying due to how amazing her bases and growths make her.

Nina + Shigure: 12 movement thanks to two pairs of boots, Movement +1 and Movement bonus from Shigure. Fuck Shura and Fuck enfeeblers : ^)

Leo: I actually went out of my way to use him this time and he actually did really good. Lifetaker is amazing btw.

Sophie + Siegbert: Real talk, Great Knights are easily some of the best units in this game, saying otherwise is a fucking lie.

And the best character of all this run? The one that trumped all others?

Midori.

Midori fucking carried, CARRIED, this team through a lot of levels, starting at chapter 16, onward. She got aptitude from Mozu and Shurikenfaire from Kaze, but she barely even needed that because she murdered anything that got in her bows range. I never even made her a master ninja, i kept her as mechanist so that she could use bows and shurikens and when she got replicate? The game was basically over, fliers couldn't touch her, and anything that tried to snipe her usually missed and got crit to hell and back. This was on just one midori btw. The second one is over on the other side of the map taking pot shots at anything that can't get to her/kill her. By the time i got her to the end, she had capped strength, skill and speed, and had nearly capped defense and res. Easily the MVP this run.

Next time: Shittily drawn maps and thoughts on the gap between hard mode and lunatic mode... and maybe a run of endgame where i keep everyone alive.

Oh ok game, that's fine.

Kaze just randomly fucking kicks the bucket.

I'm TOTALLY just fine with that. Completely.

you mean at the end of a certain chapter? or in a battle?

if you mean the chapter:

you need an A-Rank Relation with him, because it is basically the same conversation, which they then already had, and saves time, which in turn gives Kaza enough times to think of something else to save you both - instead of having the whole A-Rank talk

I bmowed through this chapter because I was totally overleveled, and when I saw Kaze die at the end I reset, grinded him to A-Rank (I was already suspicious that I never got his Child-Side-Quest), and did the Chapter again, and voila, he survived.

Well, I think I already saved over it, so oh well there huh?

I mean, I was suspicious as well when it came to the whole child thing. I had Kaze and Rinkah put together (don't ask me why) and I just chalked it up as a couple of weird characters who just don't have kids or anything.

Boy was I wrong.

Ok... I'm currently playing Chapter 18...

and up till now I was really suspicious about the Nohrian Retainers... now, when I fight the 3rd of the 4 Royals I finally have confirmation. Their retainers are just FE:Awekaning units... reskinned and resclassed.

seriously, Odin is just Owain as a mage (even with the same signature ability for named weapons...)

Niles is a male Tharja as an Archer-class.

Pierri is Lissa, in an evil twisted version.

that Mercenary-Guy from Xander IS Olivias son, whose name I can't recall right now (same class, same character-model, same personality)

that Mercenary girl from Camilla IS Severra...

really? couldn't they afford to make new characters, with their own personality?

In that regard I'm glad I have birthright, because their characters and just copy-pasted...

edit:

also the lack of capturable Nameed-units is real... why should I ever capture non-named units? They lose all their equipment upon capturing, and they are far inferior to my normal units...

So what's the point??

edit 2:

Kadens support conversations are the best! ALL THE KITTENS!!!

and

female Kana is such a cutie!!! d'awwwwwwwww

Edited by Cepheus

• Administrators

edit:

also the lack of capturable Nameed-units is real... why should I ever capture non-named units? They lose all their equipment upon capturing, and they are far inferior to my normal units...

So what's the point??

Their skills.

There's an enemy in Conquest Lunatic C23 that has Rally Strength/Defense/Resistance/Speed, for example.

and up till now I was really suspicious about the Nohrian Retainers... now, when I fight the 3rd of the 4 Royals I finally have confirmation. Their retainers are just FE:Awekaning units... reskinned and resclassed.

seriously, Odin is just Owain as a mage (even with the same signature ability for named weapons...)

Niles is a male Tharja as an Archer-class.

Pierri is Lissa, in an evil twisted version.

that Mercenary-Guy from Xander IS Olivias son, whose name I can't recall right now (same class, same character-model, same personality)

that Mercenary girl from Camilla IS Severra...

really? couldn't they afford to make new characters, with their own personality?

In that regard I'm glad I have birthright, because their characters and just copy-pasted...

Peri being "evil" and "twisted" is her own personality... And as much as I'm not a fan of either Tharja or Niles, I don't see any similarities between them... Only Odin, Laslow and Selena are "Awakening units" and this is both explained ingame, and completely expected because there was a popularity poll in Japan to decide returning characters. Those three (and Lucina, who was actually #1 but has an Amiibo) were the top votes.

As for Birthright, honey, you've got a big storm coming if you don't like "copy-pasted" characters.

Whoa whoa whoa.....

Niles is not NOT Tharja.

Niles is a sadistic ex-con who has a perverted sense of the world. Tharja is a yandere-ish Avatar-obsessive.....And Birthright will punch you in the teeth if you don't like Tharja.

Peri as Lissa?..............I don't see it.

Odin, Severa, and Laslow are indeed your returnees (and oh, I didn't know there was a poll in Japan to have them return...that's kinda cool) - while the bigger copy-past offenders are Child-Units.

• 2 weeks later...

soo... I finally had a visitor to my castle, and in return I visited and I looked at their team...

HOW THE HELL did that guy manage to have half his team end up with apptitude? - I thought only Villager classes (in this case Mozu) and their child can get it

(he was Nohrian... I guess... he has played at least 2 versions since he had a Dark-Warrior... or what ever that class is called in english)

oh wow... well... I was never the min/max-ing kind of guy so... I kinda had a hope that I somehow missed something or I could use it in my Nohr-run (whenever I will get to it... I have so much stuff play)

and I feeeeeeel really dumb now... because I just now realized that Rhajat is Tharja - just scrambled up... jeeeeeez I'm dumb xD

also I would have prefered if Rhajat would have started as a DARK MAGE instead of a Cleric... I mean they tell you everywhere that she uses DARK Magic...

and also, when I talked about the Retainers of Nohr being copy-paste characters... and someone said I would hate Hoshido children because of it... I somehow expected a whole bunch of copy-paste but...

well, I did every child-quest now (except Jakob because he came too late to get a wife...) and there only 2 copy-pastes... namely Rhajat being Tharja and Asugi being Gaius (whos names are also just scrambled up... jeeeez)

edit:

welp, I somehow forgot about Caeldori - who is actually Cordelia... What is with me and always forgetting about red-head Pegasus-Knights (Mother s Hinoka)?? damn...

(as a matter of fact, I recognized her looks... but I totally forgot the name and had to fire up Awakening again for confirmation)

Edited by Cepheus

You can purchase non-DLC skills (meaning, NOT things like Paragon and Aether) for all units shared between you and a defeated castle owner.

> Make sure you're connected to the internet

> Visit a castle (Highly recommend clicking Rankings and then Visit Points ...followed by a Castle named "SKILLS" as well as "Easy Seize")

> Talk to that castle's Corrin, who will be found at the throne.

> Select "Battle in Their Castle" and then "No Handicaps" - It's imperative to battle them as invaders rather than defenders, without aid.

> Seize throne (most Easy Seize castles will have their units holding their position and non-aggressive, so just walk up the map.)

> Buy a Skill, and then select which shared unit....and then the skill you want.

For example, if I wanted to get my Silas the "Lethality" skill that only Master Ninjas pick up naturally, I can go the long way, buddy or marriage seal Silas to someone like Kaze or Kagero, and train up to Level 5 as a Master Ninja.........or I can simply find a Castle that has a Lethality Silas and buy the skill for him.

Keep in mind, that the skill will only be available for the unit you purchase it for. So if you find a Lethality Silas - the only unit that will have Lethality is Silas.

---

Favorite Skills

1. Renewal: From the Monk/Priestess class...This skill gives you 40 percent of your HP back at the end of each turn - and it basically nullifies the need for stave users in easier difficulties.

2. Lifetaker: Dark Knights - Basically the same concept, but only works if you attack an opponent and defeat them on your turn.

3. Certain Blow: Hailing from the Hoshidan Sniper class, Certain Blow gives you +40 accuracy when you initiate combat. Very OP on good hit units, but helpful if you like units like Arthur or Rinkah who could use some serious help with accuracy. Great for "not-so-easy-to-seize" EZ Seize castles.

4. Life and Death: From the Master of Arms class, Life and Death is essentially the "No Guard" of the Fire Emblem universe. It gives you +10 damage given AND taken. With great risk comes great reward. Great on Hoshidan Snipers and Nohrian Adventurers because archers are not frontline units.

5. Astra: Astra is that skill Ryoma procs in the beginning of any Fates run against Xander and then somehow forgets before learning it again. It attacks a unit 5 times instead of once, and stacks on doubles/quadruples (brave weaponry/lightning). It's worth turning your animations on when attacking with an astra user because watching them beat the living crap out of a unit is just fun.

*edit - you can't purchase non-dlc skills...like the ones that I had listed under things you -could- for some reason

Finished all three paths recently, but decided to do a heart seal run (with DLC allowed) for all three paths right now thanks to the extra save slots. Had to visit a lot of castles, but it was worth it. I also wanted to challenge myself by doing it all on hard/classic and refusing to rage reset unless certain characters (my wife, my child(ren) and a future king) die off.

So Heirs of Fate I finally go around playing. Just for a heads up, I'm pretty sure this is the order your supposed to play the games in (though order really doesn't matter much):

Birthright>Conquest>Revelations>Hidden Truths>Heirs of Fate

Now onto my thoughts:

I'll start with non spoiler stuff before getting into the spoilery type areas a bit. As you may know, this is a branch of DLC all about the children units similar to The Past Future, but the main difference is that you have generic units to use for all of them. The pain in the butt part about these DLCs is that if you lose one single unit, you miss out on the skill reward. Since I didn't feel like starting any of them over (especially a certain one) I just only got the rewards for V and the Endgame (Pointblank is the only one I really wanted anyways). The story itself is quite nice and kind of connects all the games a little bit even though there's a bit of convolution that wasn't needed at all.

I'll summarize the map designs in a nutshell: Revelations done better. They recycled old maps but most of them felt quite a bit different than how they originally played out. ENEMIES HAVE SKILLS as well so it's important to keep an eye on that. In terms of challenge it's harder than Birthright, but not even close to Conquest difficulty so if you can play conquest you can beat these maps. Though I will warn you that it is hard to keep all units alive in III (for me at least) though if you're not reckless you can get through all maps without losing a single unit. Okay now I'll go into detail for all the maps by episode:

Chapter I: This map is merely Birthright's Xander fight however you have to go all the way around to fight him. It's not a very hard map once you knock the wyvern rider's out. I still had a bit of fun with this one though it's not really anything special other than introducing the story a little bit. That and you get to see the birth of Takumi 2.0 destory anything in its path

Chapter II: This is merely Ryoma's Conquest fight chapter except it's turned into an escape route. NGL, this map is kind of hard since you have to escape with all units to get your reward. It's not a bad chapter, but I felt like they didn't quite nail down the split path option too well. I pretty much had to group all my units together to try and escape and some bad RNG made me lose everyone but Forrest. There's some really good dialogue exchange at the beginning but it's a pretty fun map that if you're careless "Ryoma" is gonna wreck your ass.

Chapter III: I HATE THIS CHAPTER. Remember that Leo fight in Birthright? Yep, you're on that map and the unit selection is pretty bad. 4 glass canon units on a beat the bosses map filled with monsters is not fun. You have no healers, one Conotation, and one Azura's Salve. I pretty much just played Ryoma Emblem and prayed for good RNG because you don't have the items to heal your other units up other than him. It's not a bad map, it's just that one unit being promoted and a healer would've solved all my gripes.

Chapter IV: Takumi. Conquest. Wall. If you don't understand those three words, you haven't played that map. This map is actually really fun and a certain group of reinforcements took me by huge surprise. You might notice a couple funny things about this chapter and units behaving weirdly, but then it'll all make sense. It's not too hard and there's quite a few fun little surprised to handle. Kind of would like a chapter like this in a future FE game because the idea is really cool (and might give you RD vibes).

Chapter V: This is what the entirety of the Valla chapter fights in Revelations should've been. I don't think this was in Revelations and the chapter design is really, really cool since it's kind of designed to show everyone coming together. They try to push you to move forward a little bit, but it's very gently since a certain boss in this chapter is a pain in the ass to kill. It divides your team into three in which they all merge for the final boss the chapter which you should probably rush in to kill if you can (or have Siegbert tank out the surrounding enemies). I consider this one more of a story based map design, but a very good story based design that I'd probably recommend the most if you're only going to pick one map to play.

Endgame: Without spoiling anything, this map is freaking fantastic. The map design is very simplistic going with the split path again but you COULD ferry a couple characters off a platform, but I don't recommend it. There's a lot to do on this map and it does some really cool things. I'll leave it a surprise but it's not a hard maps but you actually get to control 22 characters on a map and it's a lot of fun since each character has a line of dialogue (sometimes more than one). Easily one of the best mates in all of Fates.

So if you played Hidden Truths and kind of liked it, I'd go and try these ones out since they are really fun despite having generic units.

I'm very much at an impasse in both of my Hard campaigns.

• Birthright looks beatable - but not 100% beatable if I can't get to Shiro before the meathead kills himself. I'm also a tad underleveled on average.
  • How the hell, does anyone beat that Woods of the Forlorn level in Conquest? Giving one Faceless Seal Speed is absolutely devastating for somebody.

---

Often, people forget about just how good "starter" class skills can be. By "starter" skills - I mean the skills any unit picks up from Level 1 of their unpromoted class.

Here's ten of my absolute favorites.

1. HP +5 - Fighter - A skill that works on basically most offensive units really nicely and my personal favorite to reclass MU for. Fighter -is- good for something.
  2. Elbow Room - Cavalier - More damage on basic terrain? Yessir/um/whatever.
  3. Aptitude - Villager - the "Godfather" of basics from the absolute worst of classes. #FreeMyStats.
  4. Locktouch - Ninja/Outlaw - Does anyone actually ever use keys in Fates?....Anyone?
  5. Luck + 4 - Songstress - That one skill that somehow keeps a poorly placed Azura alive despite Luck being the least important skill in Fates.
  6. Strength + 2 - Wyvern Rider - You know what makes Percy, Scarlet, Camilla all good from the get go? Partially this skill.
  7. Duelist's Blow - Samurai - The skill that makes hitting Ryoma with Xander on enemy phase a fruitless endeavor.
  8. Miracle - Monk/Shrine Maiden - A skill that is undeniably very useful despite not triggering all the time...unless your name is Midori....cheater.
  9. Nobility - Nohr Prince/Princess - Because no skilled tactician has time for XP waste.
  10. Seal Defense - Spear Fighter - Probably much, MUCH higher on people's list if they realize how damn good Oboro is. #DebuffMachine.

• How the hell, does anyone beat that Woods of the Forlorn level in Conquest? Giving one Faceless Seal Speed is absolutely devastating for somebody.

What if I told you that's the easiest chapter in the campaign?

You're having trouble with that chapter on hard? I don't blame you tbh, it's supposed to be the intro to how difficult conquest is after all. However, this is definitely the easiest chapter as mentioned earlier. Get used to seeing seal skills, poison skills and lots of annoying skills in general. I had a benchmark of where I thought difficulty spiked in Lunatic, I'll post it here.

Chapter 8: A chapter where if you're quick, you'll be rewarded, but also punished by the ungodly amount of units the villages spawn.

Chapter 10: Pretty obvious difficult jump here. If you've never seen chapter 10, just look at an image of the map.

Chapter 12: The final room oml.

Chapter 17: Ninjas

Chapter 18: This is only mentioned because it's the first map with all promoted units.

Chapter 20: Wind

Chapter 21: Remember chapters 7 and 12? Combine the two and throw in all the awful skills of hard/lunatic

Chapter 23: Takumi. Conquest. Wall.

Chapter 25: Fuck the hallways, just kill Ryoma.

Chapter 26: Dick in the middle staff spams you while the bottom room laughs as it forces you to start all over again.

Paralogue 15: Seriously, fuck this one, just leave Siegbert.

Endgame: Takumi. Conquest. Hallway.

Poison Strike and Savage Blow are both present on Normal - it's the Seal Speed that results in stupid crap like Effie getting doubled. Grisly Wound hurts though. I'm not mad at Conquest for being hard, but it's frustrating to struggle right out of the gate in that chapter because your army is very, VERY limited early on. Challenge is best met with options - and you don't have them in Chapter 7.

I feel the complete opposite tbh. Chapter 7 is the chapter where you acquire the variety your army needs. You have:

-Sword user/dragon

-Shuriken user/healer

-Axe user

-Lance user

-Cavalier

-far-moving healer

The only things it lacks is a flyer, an archer and a mage; two of which you happen to get in the very next chapter. Of course though, only two or three of those six usually stay until the end, for me at least. The chapter isn't too bad, just don't use effie to wall the seal speed guys (or arthur). Use Silas/Dragonstone Avatar, then debuff with felecia/jakob and kill with what you have left. If that's not possible, get into a position where you absolutely know you cannot die in the oncoming enemy phase. Pair ups are extremely useful for the chokepoints. Take out the middle ASAP and then either camp it with Elise and butler healing while Avatar+Silas and Effie+Arthur tank, or split up (not really advised unless you know what you're doing).

Sorry Ikaru, but despite Flora being a corrinsexual...

"Jakob....I didn't actually swear allegiance [to Corrin]...when my sister and I were taken from our village we were forced into service. When I was allowed to return I stayed...for you."

- Chapter 8 of Conquest, if Flora engages in combat with Jakob.

Playing Conquest after having beaten Birthright feels so wrong. I don't want to be fighting against the Hoshidans, and I sure as hell don't want to be fighting for Garon. I felt so bad when I was attacking Hinoka and Sakura (though I felt nothing when attacking Takumi because screw Takumi).

Then I hit chapter 7 and boy oh boy does it hand my ass to me firmly on a silver platter. That was HARD.

• Administrators

Sorry Ikaru, but despite Flora being a corrinsexual...

"Jakob....I didn't actually swear allegiance [to Corrin]...when my sister and I were taken from our village we were forced into service. When I was allowed to return I stayed...for you."

- Chapter 8 of Conquest, if Flora engages in combat with Jakob.

Quite aware. I almost took Sumia from Chrom in my first Awakening playthrough but at the time I drew a real-world parallel to myself attempting to steal someone I was interested in for myself when they were interested in or already with someone else. Not that I did so at that time, but if I were a different type of person, the chance was there and in a way, I did do that eventually.

It's complicated.

This isn't the place for that.

Don't mind me.

Anyway, some of the support lists are shit-tier and should have definitely included at least one other character a la Jakob and Flora mentioned above, others I can't come up with at this very moment,

Ryoma and Scarlet.................

so I don't know what there is to be sorry about :P

_

As for chapter 7, it'll be much easier in future playthroughs if you guys are anything like me. I tend to play more defensively when I'm allowed to but I learned that this is a mistake. A number of my resets came from pacing issues where I got overrun by a group of enemies because I didn't thin them out when able.