Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Answered] Growlithe Trade

huangover

Question

Hey guys!

I just started a new game of Pokemon Reborn (Ep 15) and I've gotten to the point where I've saved all the police officers in the Jasper and Beryl Wards. So I bred the Growlithe and all that, and wanted to trade it for the Mystery Egg. Is the egg you get set whenever you start the game? Because I happened to get a Phantump egg, which in my opinion is easily the worst one out of all the possible ones you can get (Axew, Azurill, Drilbur, Tentacool, Staryu, Togepi, Sneasel, Elekid, Shroomish, Frillish, Larvesta... honestly, almost everything else would've been better). Is there any possible way to change what egg you'll get? If not, could I just download version 14 and get the Azurill?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

saying a ghost type is the worst how could you

The egg you get is determined at the start of the game as soon as you pick your starter, so if you want to try again, you're gonna have to restart, sadly.

If you're gonna change to Ep14, do so at your own risk. Cause it's, you know.

R I S K Y.

Cause I'm not sure if anybody tried doing that and survived to tell the tale.

EDIT: Luna below me survived to tell the tale. gg

Edited by Despair Syndrome

lolz it is not risky to swap between episodes if you know what to but yeah there is a little risk(i usually swap from E15 to E14 when breeding pokemon and i am still alive and have not suffered any problems what so ever). The only thing you have to do is just save in a pokemon center and never save outside because the weather effect are different for E15. Also set the music to default. well that is for E15 to E14 but from E15 to say E9 that i have never tried so try at your own risk but you can go from E9 to E15 i tried that and it works just do the same thing(save in a pokemon center+default music)

well technically you can get most of the mystery egg pokemons in older episodes. Togepi,Shroomish,Drilbur,Azurill,Elekid,Magby can be obtained in older episode. Some of the mystery egg are pokemon are available in game but at a later parts of the game so there is a chance of getting these egg which you kinda did and that is kinda the worst egg you can get cause yeah. well if you are willing to restart and gamble another round go ahead. i personally would just restart and for the azurill in E14. since i cant be bother with RNG. Also you can actually trade for other mystery egg pokemon in the treading thread but the treading thread has rules so you cant get the mystery egg pokemon early.

The older episodes are floating around in the forums so you can find them i found E9 but that the oldest episode available i have found.

So yeah TLDR:

1) download E14

2) Start in E14 and play all the way until you get growlithe

3) breed growlithe

4) Trade growlithe for azurill

5) save in pokemon center+ default music

6) swap to E15 and continue playing as per normal

I will mention that it is possible for data to get corrupted when swapping episodes (no real way to tell when this will happen). So be sure to make a back up copy of your save file before you switch episodes just to be sure that you don't lose progress if your file does happen to be corrupted.