The Case For Kanye

Neo

I was attempting to state that the only reason I can think of for him not being considered an artist was a bias against his melanin levels. As outside that, he's exactly like any other artist, at least based on what I've seen here

Yeah, you right. I was sleepy af, my bad. That being said, just say race, fam. Melanin =/= race.

If any of y'all are still curious about reading into Ye', check this out. It's a bunch of his thoughts and provides some incite into the man that is Kanye.

http://theworldaccordingtokanye.com/wp-content/uploads/TWAK.pdf

But it does equate to skin color, which is the primary component in the matter, is it not?

I suppose I can also include facial structure, as that's the next thing that is used to distinguish between different groups of people with similar physics traits. (My mother never misses a chance to talk about how much she likes the shape of African noses.) It's just shorter to type "skin color" or "melanin level" than it is to type "skin color, facial structure, and other similar physical traits used to distinguish between certain people groups."

Or were you referring to cultural differences? In which case I'd like to point out that all hip-hop artists share the same culture of hip-hop. So then saying that Kanye isn't considered as good as others because of his "race" becomes an oxymoron since "race" was just defined as cultural differences

As for the term "race" I try to avoid using it since it makes a strong attempt to separate humans into different subgroups in a way that implies those within a group are a different type of human being than those in the other groups, which I find to be simply absurd

But the very concept of differentiating subgroups of humans is beyond me, maybe there is a good reason for it? As stated previously, I've been told I'm quite the racist because of this fact so feel free to enlighten me if necessary

My apologies if I come off as rude here, since inevitably that will happen knowing me. I do legitimately wish to understand this issue, especially because I like to think I'm proud of my heritage, and this issue directly effects that

• 3 weeks later...

Ain't nobody askin the real questions.

How my mans bouta bring back Good Fridays and I still don't have a copy of Swish yet? On his Frank Ocean vibe, got me 5/4ths of the way fucked up.

(Sidenote: It's July 463rd and I still don't have Franks new album :l )

I think the real question is actually how many times Kanye will change the album's name lol. So Help Me God > Waves (current name) > SWISH imo.

Also, Kanye's recent tweets have been pretty interesting, especially the ones regarding the tracklist.