Before the carcass begins to rot

Felicity

• Support Squad

Another person beating on the dead horse that is the AMAs. I wanna make a new one though because attention.

Feed my boredom and ego with questions, I need it to sustain my freedom.

As for who I am here, showed up in 2014 as one of the billions of grains of sand washed ashore by the Shofu wave, lurked without an account till February 2014 and then joined. From there I hung around in the Reborn section whilst acclimatising to the community, getting used to the people here and such. Stuck around due to a mixture of meeting nice people and a lingering interest in the games development and story speculation. Soon that interest waned but was replaced by my introduction to the RP forum and transference of activity to there. Then I joined Ace and the feels thread became an anchor for my pubescent emoting.

Outside of here? Hello, Adam Lowe, aged 17, hopefully going Uni next year and studying creative writing to get a formal education from those who know how the business works. I'm going to be one of my generations most influential writers. I say that as a statement because that's exactly what it is and, whether it's in 3 years or 30, even if it's in my last few months on this planet, I'm going to finish a series that will stand on it's own in literature as an outstanding piece of work, loved by millions worldwide.

So, that's the Me portion of AMA sorted.

• Support Squad

What (book?) inspired you to be a writer and what is your favorite genre?

I read the dresden files when I was twelve and I've been enraptured by the idea of doing something similar since. As for favourite genre, probably supernatural more than fantasy, though fantasy is a close second. It's such a flexible genre that lends itself to enhancing all kinds of situations and telling so many different stories.

How has joining the forums affected you irl?

Favorite author/poet/writer?

What are the ideal settings you need to start creating something or does it just come to you?

IRL The forums have made me more thoughtful about how I act in general and introduced me to the reality that opinions differ. I live in a very close knit, clique focused area and if you have friends they rarely disagree with you. Here, not so much. I've also opened up more to my friends and now I'm more comfortable with my hobbies that I used to only talk about here. Hell, I'm no longer a closet weeb and I even roped a friend into LoL recently, which is fun.

Favourite author is Jim Butcher, writer of the aforementioned Dresden files, Codex Alera series and the new series The Cinder Spires. If I had to pick a second it would have to be Wildbow, the only name I know them by, author of the Webserial Worm, a superhero story that has fantastic world-building and more interesting power selections than your garden variety superhero story. Wildbow also recently finished Pact, a supernatural thriller featuring every ghoul and ghosty you could imagine that I'm currently reading now.

as for creating something, one of my biggest crux's as a writer, something I'm resolving now, is that I get moods where I just want to write. Typically it'll be the dead of night, I'll be listening to music and boom, I write. Normally these moods result in half a chapter to a chapter of my main project being written. That said, they're few and far between, thus why a fix is needed.