My team and progress so far...

Imphie

This is my first post after activating my account so go easy on me T_T. I heard this game was for skilled trainers only, which we all are *wink wink*, so I decided to try my luck with Reborn.

The battles are indeed more difficult than the child friendly main series and I find myself losing at least once in every gym battle except for Kiki, Aya and Cal which I cleared in 1 try.

I am currently capped at level 50 with a mission to go to spinel town and I would like to ask the collective hive mind if my team is prepared for future engagements. This is a fresh ep 15 game.

Daniel(Donphan) lvl 45

Roll out

Strength

Earthquake

Rock Smash

I had difficulty with Corey so I decided to catch one of these to magnitude my way out.

Kara(Delphox) lvl 46

Psyshock

Light Screen

Flamethrower

Fire Spin

Scrub cleaner(lookin at you Fern). This made Florinia and Shelly easy but it gets killed by Yanmega after a speed boost and it got owned by Cradily too at least it took care of the other 5 pokemon they had. Corey was cake too until he walled it with his freaking Skuntank.

Ken(Noctowl) lvl 46

Uproar

Air Slash

Zen Headbutt

Reflect

I do not like this pokemon at all. You might think Uproar hits hard but no, not when it counts. It just feels so below average for some reason that I only use it for suicide attacks so I can switch in safely. I was about to box this Noctowl but there was one moment where it really shined and it was against Kiki. The battle was epic 5 of my pokemon fainted(thanks a lot Hitmonlee) and Kiki lost 5 of hers too. It went down to Noctowl vs Medicham kind of ordeal and it was able to resist all of Medicham's attacks and killed it with Air Slash which earned me her badge.

Stephen(Manectric) lvl 48

Quick Attack

Bite

Discharge

Flame Burst

This is my glass cannon. Super fast, strong attacker. After all the earthquakes, psyshocks and sucker punches, this guy comes in and cleans whatever is left.

AJ(Toxicroak) lvl 47

Poison Jab

Mud Bomb

Sucker Punch

Drain Punch

This is Corey's very own Croagunk that I leveled. It works fine but I want to replace it with a Mienshao or is that a bad idea?

Raphael(Sharpedo) lvl 45

Swagger

Aqua Jet

Crunch

Ice Fang

This thing is soft as hell. Its got good attack and a speed boost ability after using an ability capsule on it but I dont think I will be killing dragons with it. Should I replace it with a Blastoise instead?

Other Note Worthy pokemon

Ponyta

Kricketune - used to defeat Julia, Fern and Florinia

Growlithe

Squirtle - got it recently should I use this instead of sharpedo?

Slugma - for eggs

Whismur

Granbull - Wanted a fairy type but realized the speed was crap

Magnemite

Shuppet

Jynx - beat lvl 75 garchomp with this after it missed an attack

Houndour

Golbat - should I replace Noctowl with a Crobat? but then I would have 2 Poison Types

Voltorb

Litleo - found it a few minutes ago

Espurr

Mienfoo - I want one of these so is it good to replace Toxicroak with a Mienshao?

Frilish - Egg from police

Trubbish - Toxic Spikes aint worth much anymore against the amount of poison pokemon you fight

Cacnea - is Cacturne worth it?

Zebstrika

Mareep

Happiny - I once used a Blissey and won a Triple Battle against a Zapdos, Lanturn and a Manectric. Is it as op in this game?

Lotad

Pidgeotto

I also dont mind if you suggest a pokemon that I dont have yet.

Edited by Imphie

Hello i'm still relatively new too around here

As for your team it's pretty decent for where your are in the game it's just you have a good weakness to water and electric 2 common types and 2 types that are about to be abused by the enemy.

donphan is a great ground type but in the long run golem does better as it gets every move on that set(besides roll-out) plus the ultra rare stealth rock or if you wanna go muscle the mamoswine's route is the way to go(if you do i'd advise switching out either the sharpedo or the manetric for something bulkier to balance it out probably that espurr for the support it can bring to your team or you can backtrack and get magnezone at shades gym)

The delphox is fine but you might wanna grind and replace fire spin with will-o-wisp(47), psyshock for psychic at (51)(after the badge) and think about re-learning shadow ball

It seems you really want to get rid of that noctowl, anyways the golbat is a fine replacement as it gets cross poison and air slash and if you feel like breeding it, brave bird from staraptor. Just remember if you do this you'd be wise to trade out another member for some bulk this time the toxicroak would have to go at least until you get a better fighting type like mienshao or something bulkier like that happiny into a chansey

I pretty much said my piece about manectric already but I find magnezone so much more useful for the type diversity but it's your call just remember if manectric gets out-sped it's a likely K.O. Also magnezone has a better movepool in terms of this game, as manectric move pool does nothing for it and we don't have flamethrower yet, Also ampharos is nice to consider as well because it gets cotton guard which stops physical attackers(you're going to need it for a certain bird)and some awesome rock, bug and electric attack to deal damage in turn

As sentimental as it is that toxicroak is going to get outsourced by crobat and mienshao.

Sharpedo is fine for this point but later down the line (after 9th badge) you might wanna trade it in for a walrein that can lean the ever so powerful and life saving frost breath. I will give sharpedo this for this point in the game it's a great boss killer just see if protect is available in this game

Overall solid just try and get some bulk and a competent support mon(delphox just can't do that role forever)

but that's just my opinion you're free to disregard it and I hope it helps

(Edit) Now that I think about it sylveon can fill that role of tank if you want it to

Edited by breelompauncher

Hey, I'm in the same situation where I don't know if my team is any good. I am stuck on Shelly and I don't know what to do. Can someone comment on my team?​

Monferno lvl 32 he does well against Shelly but gets wrecked by Yanmega's aircutter

Flame Wheel

Mach Punch

Rock Smash

Leer

​​​​

Emolga lvl 32 he does really well but gets wrecked by yanmega's ancient power and anorith

Shock wave

Charge beam

Acrobatics​​​

​​Roost

Noibat lvl 29 ​he drives me INSANE! He can't hit anything! You would think he would be good against bug types...NOPE

Bite

Wing Attack

Roost

Screech

Persian lvl 31 he is okay.. I mainly use him for fake out but other than that hes not too good...

Fake out

Screech

Swift

Bite

Panpour lvl 32 panpour is great...if anyone replies can u tell me where to find a water stone but anyway he does good against Shelly due to acrobatics but doesn't have enough defense to take a hit...

Scald

Acrobatics

Leer

Bite

Trubbish lvl 31 he is okay...hes just not that strong and toxic spikes aren't too good anymore...

Sludge Bomb

Acid Spray

Toxic Spikes

Take Down

That is all my pokemon... I need to beat Shelly so someone please comment and advise me what I should do...I am definitely willing to drop stupid noibat lol

Edited by Bmckenna11

Hey, I'm in the same situation where I don't know if my team is any good. I am stuck on Shelly and I don't know what to do. Can someone comment on my team?​

If you can get something with Fire Pledge (Monferno) or Flame Burst (Numel or something), it will change Shelly's Field to a burning field, which will not only get rid of Struggle Bug's boost, but also increase Fire type moves' damage and hurt any grounded non-Fire types. Just not when it's raining. Probably get rid of Noibat; it's useless till it evolves.

If you join the Magma Gang (go to the Magma Alley in North Obsidia Ward), do the mission at night, you can get a Water Stone. But if you already joined the Aqua Gang, you'll get a Fire Stone instead, sadly.

For Yanmega, I Paralyzed it, so my Pokemon could actually outspeed it, and then took it down with a barrage of super effective hits.

This is my first post after activating my account so go easy on me T_T. I heard this game was for skilled trainers only, which we all are *wink wink*, so I decided to try my luck with Reborn.

The battles are indeed more difficult than the child friendly main series and I find myself losing at least once in every gym battle except for Kiki, Aya and Cal which I cleared in 1 try.

I am currently capped at level 50 with a mission to go to spinel town and I would like to ask the collective hive mind if my team is prepared for future engagements. This is a fresh ep 15 game.

I also dont mind if you suggest a pokemon that I dont have yet.

Your team seems fine for now, but for the things you're asking about:

- You don't get Mienfoo a bit later on, so keep Toxicroak for now. (I personally don't know how great it is though.) Or you could replace it with another Fighting type like Scrafty?

- For Blissey, it has great HP and Special Defense and all, but it doesn't get too many great attacks. If you breed Toxic on it by using E12 (check the Breeding Guide for a link), perhaps it could be a good stall Pokemon, although I don't use stall due to it taking so long.

- Crobat is pretty good, tbh, but I don't know about the double Poison type. If you do replace Noctowl, maybe get rid of Toxicroak, since I personally think Crobat > Toxicroak.

- Granbull is kinda nice to deal with physical attackers, due to Intimidate and Charm, but its Speed is terrible, like you mentioned. But it can get things like Close Combat by breeding (which I don't really do but I dunno about you), if you are interested.

- idk about Cacturne, sorry.

Still, somebody like Luna or Etesian might have better advice than me, since I don't really breed much or anything, but these are just my opinions.

I could go Crobat and Mienshao that way I wont have 2 poison types and I heard that Granbull learns outrage. It could be great to switch in front of a dragon and kill it but im not sure if its bulky enough to survive more than 2 neutral hits. I am still wondering if Blastoise > Sharpedo in this game.

Oh and I just beat Serra after I posted this. It took me 2 tries since that jynx of hers caught me off guard and wiped me on the floor real good. 2nd time around Sturdy donphan earthquaked her mirrors after surviving frost breathe of her cryogonal. I just followed it up with Delphox flame thrower and Toxicroak Drain punch.

You were right about Manectric about getting OHKO when that froslass had more speed and killed it before i can flame burst which kinda blows I was really enjoying the discharge with donphan during double battles.

Noctowl being useless as usual.

ONE IMPORTANT THING!! In Spinel where you go up the museum theres a vending machine and when I bought ice cream from it a Vanilite came out instead. Thought you guys should know.

There's a guide somewhere around here that says so about vanillite, but yeah, most machines will give you a vanillite. As for Blastoise or Sharpedo, I'd go Blastoise just for the bulk and slightly better moveset, and the trick to manectric is breeding for perfect spd IV. I got lucky w/ a 31 on spd and 31 on sp att, on mine, and its only ever been ko'd twice. Once to the ground leader(not my brightest idea using it) and once to Solaris on the volcano. If noctowl is really useless, crobat is really what you need. And definitely get the meinshao, though in later game consider replacing this with a lucario.

Edited by Xenome

I could go Crobat and Mienshao that way I wont have 2 poison types and I heard that Granbull learns outrage. It could be great to switch in front of a dragon and kill it but im not sure if its bulky enough to survive more than 2 neutral hits. I am still wondering if Blastoise > Sharpedo in this game.

Oh and I just beat Serra after I posted this. It took me 2 tries since that jynx of hers caught me off guard and wiped me on the floor real good. 2nd time around Sturdy donphan earthquaked her mirrors after surviving frost breathe of her cryogonal. I just followed it up with Delphox flame thrower and Toxicroak Drain punch.

You were right about Manectric about getting OHKO when that froslass had more speed and killed it before i can flame burst which kinda blows I was really enjoying the discharge with donphan during double battles.

Noctowl being useless as usual.

ONE IMPORTANT THING!! In Spinel where you go up the museum theres a vending machine and when I bought ice cream from it a Vanilite came out instead. Thought you guys should know.

The leveling up movesets for Sharpedo are mostly elemental fangs which are not useful granted it doesnt have strong jaw ability yet without mega, so i would recommend blastoise as your water type go-to, even without mega, since the movepools are greater and the base power for movesets are higher even before mega launcher is available, especially if you are able to breed aura sphere and dragon pulse into squirtle(or just softreset egg moves for that event squirtle), and the ability rain dish can guarantee some recovery for rain dance set

The leveling up movesets for Sharpedo are mostly elemental fangs which are not useful granted it doesnt have strong jaw ability yet without mega, so i would recommend blastoise as your water type go-to, even without mega, since the movepools are greater and the base power for movesets are higher even before mega launcher is available, especially if you are able to breed aura sphere and dragon pulse into squirtle(or just softreset egg moves for that event squirtle), and the ability rain dish can guarantee some recovery for rain dance set

I can breed dragon pulse to squirtle? I am sold blastiose it is!

Yep, you can breed from Ampharos, Axew line, Horsea line, Skrelp line and Clawitzer(availability of mons is dependent on your progress in game), but female Squirtle is quite rare(1 out of 8 ratio), you might just have to softreset for female ones(with egg moves readily for you), and i personally prefer aura sphere over dragon pulse for fighting move coverage being wider(unless you have either egg move on your squirtle and just breed the other into it since female also passes egg moves now, then you will have two egg moves in one Squirtle)

Okay honestly I don't really catch a lot of pokemon which is probably a mistake so I only have

Mareep lvl 13 I think

Kricketot lvl 3

Shiny Beedrill lvl 21

Shiny Pidgey lvl 21

pigeotto lvl 23 (previously used)

Drowzee lvl 1 (from egg)

Zigzagoon lvl 5

Ponyta lvl 25

I was kinda looking for a psychic type and I'm obsessed with Gardevoir but you cant get that...

Also Any suggestions for a pokemon I should replace noibat with? ​​

I created my own topic so can someone please comment and help me out thanks... and thanks to you guys who did comment I really appreciate it!​

Edited by Bmckenna11

Okay honestly I don't really catch a lot of pokemon which is probably a mistake so I only have

Mareep lvl 13 I think

Kricketot lvl 3

Shiny Beedrill lvl 21

Shiny Pidgey lvl 21

pigeotto lvl 23 (previously used)

Drowzee lvl 1 (from egg)

Zigzagoon lvl 5

Ponyta lvl 25

I was kinda looking for a psychic type and I'm obsessed with Gardevoir but you cant get that...

Also Any suggestions for a pokemon I should replace noibat with? ​​

Hate to be that guy... wait a minute, no I don't. I am that guy.

You should create your own topic to discuss your own team, fren. This is about Imphie's team, and it will be easy for people to miss yours in the cluster.

Create your own topic, we'll help you out ;]