Pokémon Millionaire!

N8theGr8

[b]Do [i]you[/i] have what it takes to be a Millionaire?[/b]

Alright, so here are the rules. The first one to post here that wants to go will be first. In other words, first come, first serve. Here's how to play:

1) You answer questions based on the Pokemon GAME. No anime, no manga, just the mechanics of the game and the meta-game.

2) For every question you answer correctly you "win" the amount of money that the question is worth and you move on to the next question which is worth more and is harder.

3) Answer all of the questions correctly and you "win" $1,000,000! (Actually, you'll be etched into eternal glory in this post.)

4) The first question is "worth" $100, the next are worth...
[color=#000000;background:#000000;' onmouseover="this.style.color='#FFFFFF'" onmouseout="this.style.color='#000000']2nd- $200
3rd- $300
4th- $500
5th- $1000
6th- $2000
7th- $4000
8th- $8000
9th-$16000
10th- $32000
11th- $64000
12th- $125000
13th- $250000
14th- $500000
15th- $1000000![/color]

5) You have 3 "Life lines" These life lines are 50/50, [s]Ask the audience[/s] Double Dip, and Phone a Friend. Here's how each of them work in this game:

50/50- I will take out 2 of the incorrect answers (there are four answers total)

DOUBLE DIP- Replaced with Ask the Audience just to add a more useful life line. Basically, you can choose two answers. Combined with 50/50, you literally are automatically right!

PHONE A FRIEND- You may publicly ask for ONE PERSON'S HELP with the question in this thread. I only ask for this publicly because cheating could go on in PMs.

6) Here's how I will handle cheating:

-If you post the answer in this thread OR PM it to someone and they haven't used Phone a Friend, you will be banned from the game for 1 week, and I will come up with a new question for the person.

-Please do not search up the answers on the internet. It ruins the fun of the game and completely destroys the entire point of it. We're going by trust here, but I know I can trust you guys.

-I know this isn't [i]really[/i] cheating, but please don't ask the questions. I don't want someone getting pissed off at me because they already answered 8 of someone else's questions because I thought they were too easy. I may ask someone to host in the future, but until then, just don't do it. (Yes Doctor Octagonapus, I [i]am[/i] talking to you)) :D

7) You can 'Walk away' at any time. Basically, this means that you do not answer the question and you win whatever you have earned already.

8) I will figure out the questions [s]beforehand[/s] as the game is playing. Suggesting questions in the [u][b]PMs[/b][/u] is welcome. Please, nowhere else because the person who's playing might see it and find out the answer beforehand. THIS INCLUDES ACTUALLY ASKING QUESTIONS. Please, please do not ask the questions. Maybe I'll pick someone else to ask questions in the [very] near future, but until then, [b]DON'T DO IT[/b]. I will give anyone credit if they PM a good, relevant question to me.

9) Good luck and have fun!

EDIT: I am NOT going to play Millionaire in the PO Client. I'm more than happy to do it here, but my Client constantly crashes, so please stop asking. The answer will always be no. :(

EDIT 2: I'm now going to post people who have won anywhere from $250,000-$1,000,000 here, so you actually have a reason to walk away if you do. :lol: Also, I took out the checkpoints seeing as they're relatively pointless. You can only get into the "Wall/Post of Fame" if you've earned $250,000. To clarify, you MUST walk away with $250,000 or greater to get on the Wall/Post of Fame. It doesn't count if you answer a question wrong, even if it was the $1,000,000 question.

HERE ARE OUR CURRENT MILLIONAIRES:

1. Bullet.
Times won: 1

2. Doctor Octagonapus

3. Mashew

HERE ARE OUR CURRENT RUNNER UPS (winning $250,000 or $500,000 and walking away):

...No one!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, awesome.

Here's your $100 question:

Which of these was a starter Pokemon received in Pokemon Ruby, Saphire, and Emerald?

A. Charmander
B. Chimchar
C. Torchic
D. Obamasnow

Your life lines:
50/50
Ask the audience
Phone a friend

Correct! That should be a good warm up for you.

Next question, for $200:

What typing does the Pokémon Gyarados have?

A. Water/Dragon
B. Dragon/Flying
C. Fire/Dragon
D. Water/Flying

Your life lines:

50/50
Ask the audience
Phone a friend

I was worried there would be a trick here with Water/Flying [i]and [/i]Flying/Water, but this is only a $200 question so...

D. Water/Flying

Final Answer

Damn Nintendo nerfing Gyarados by not giving it Dragon/Water because "it would have been too powerful"

Correct! Haha, that would be a bit mean. Anyway, the next, $300 question is:

Which of these Pokémon does NOT block your way in any Pokemon game:

A. Raichu
B. Snorlax
C. Kecleon
D. Sudowoodo

Unless you're playing Yellow and consider Lt. Surge blocking your way to league champion then...

A. Raichu

Took me a minute to remember what Pokemon blocks you in DPPt, then I remembered Psyduck. If only you could catch them, too.

Correct! I actually forgot there were roadblock Pokemon in DPPt :D I certainly would love a Golduck on my team. For $500:

Which of these moves would get STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) on a Hitmonchan, even though I don't think he learns some of these:

A. Earthquake
B. Mega Punch
C. Hammer Arm
D. Aerial Ace

You still have all of your life lines.

Ah, the questions start to get a little tricky. But I know for a fact that Mega Punch is actually a Normal move so of course it's...

C. Hammer Arm

Final Answer

I think Hammer Arm might be the only one of those that Hitmonchan does NOT learn.

Well, isn't that ironic. However, it's also CORRECT! Yeah, they're gonna get trickier as the game progresses. For the $1000 checkpoint!

Which of these Pokemon has the ability Mold Breaker?

A. Rhyperior
B. Rotom
C. Shuckle
D. Rampardos

You still have all of your life lines.

Oh ho ho, I almost said Dragon there before catching myself. Dragon Rage is completely different and Rage is...

A. Normal

Final Answer

Such a simple attack really. Your Pokemon gets attacked and now it's ANGRY! RAAAAH!

Yeah....imagine the effect of Rage being made into an ability :D For $4000:

What does the move Agility do in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

A. Increases your evasion
B. Increases your speed
C. Increases the number of moves you make in a turn
D. Lets you escape dungeons that normally you would have to travel to the end of

Still you have all life lines.

Ooooh, this one is actually tough. Simply because I have never played the PMD series. I have however read about various aspects of the games on Bulbapedia either intentionally or while reading another article. Now I am pretty positive it is not D as I would imagine a move like Teleport would do that. I also don't think it increases your turns as I can't think of any move that would do that so it would probably be an item in the game. Now with it being between A and B...hmmm. Don't want to use a lifeline this early and I'm going to hope that certain ideas of the series are true for all the games...

B. Increases your Speed

The way I look at it if I get it right, score one for logically thinking it through. If I get it wrong, Bullet gets to play and maybe more people will line up to play.

Sorry, Knight...Speed stat doesn't exist in the dungeon games. I believe there IS an item that does this effect, but the answer was C. Sorry. :/

You DID win $1000 and were the first one to play though, so good job!

Bah! Defeated by a spin-off series I have never touched. Now I want to study this so I will always remember it.

*goes to Bulbapedia*

Ok, Bulbapedia just made me more confused: "The user and all allies in the room will receive a speed boost for a short period of time." That...sounds like it increases Speed. Which makes me think I once read the article on Agility and subconsciously influenced my incorrect answer. Curse you Bulba for not specifying speed in a spin-off game in the past when I randomly read articles and influenced me toward defeat!

Good! Next question for $200:

What dual typing does the Pokemon Nidoking have?

A. Poison/Ground
B. Poison/Rock
C. Poison/Dragon
D. Rock/Ground

You still have all life lines. Don't be afraid to use them!

Awesome. Nidoking's one awesome Pokemon. Next question, for $300:

Who is the Champion in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/FR/LG

A. Red
B. Your Rival
C. Lance
D. Your Father

Still have all life lines.