Agate Circus Battle items

schietzzze

hello all i have noticed that there is no way to buy battle items in the agate circus but i am actually in need of them in order to beat the gym there. is there any way i cant like "smuggle" some of them into my inventory or maybe a way to teleport back to reborn city to buy them. i have tried more often than any other gym leader and i do not come past the first 3 pokemon of him.

thanks in advance,

schietzzze

Edited by schietzzze

Would loading the game to a previous episode work?

...If I remember correctly, you need to beat Samson to be able to use Surf.. which you need at least to get into the next town.

Best bet would be to train another Pokemon if you have the patience to.

Or use an alternate item, if available, in the Agate Circus Town. Like Cotton Candy for revives, Berry Ice Cream for better heals. It's just more expensive though.

When you say "Battle Items", if you mean items like "Focus Sashes, Choice Bands, Life Orbs..." then no, you wouldn't be able to get them anyway.

If what you're looking for are healing items and that stuff, then there is a seller for that in the circus area. But no battle items, nope.

Would loading the game to a previous episode work?

The first episode that forces you to be locked in the Circus Area was the episode that introduced Samson, and the Circus.

If the OP reverts to an older episode, xe'll probably be stuck in a void. So, that's not an option rn.

thanks for all the replies. actually i mean items like X-attack x special etc, they are listed as battle items in your bag thats why i am calling them like it.

I don't think so. If I remember right, you can get those in the Department Store, but that doesn't really help you right now.

100% agree with Lostelle

One of the points of playing reborn is working with limited resources. No-one here is going to tell you how to get rid of those challenges and if you did you'd be somewhat ruining the point of the game. If you are stuck on leaders use the gym leader help thread here to get suggestions rather than trying to cheat.

People wouldn't be discussing "cheating in pokemon." They may get people to edit in pokemon for challenge/ mono type runs but this is completely different to cheating in items because you want them. Finish E15 then go and get the items you want.

Also, relying on X-attack and stuff to win is a poor strategy in general. You'd be better off posting your team you're using and people might be able to help you beat Samson with what you've got.

IIRC, there are no X-items after you pass the agate city checkpoint anyway, so I'd get used to beating leaders without any of that sort of assistance.

only because my strategy is different from yours it doesnt mean its poor. also i would not consider it cheating since i mean if i wouldhave known that there is no pokemart before a gym leader i wouldhave bought some stacks of everything. now i only have shit x-stats left. but i seriously need some x-speed since my team is rather slow and samson just one hits most of my pokemon so i cant really set up without x-speed

and here is my team i assume #edit why doesnt it show my pokemon team? #edit2 now it shows up twice what ever at least u see my team now

Edited by Jericho

The reason I say X-items are a poor strategy is that they don't teach you how to battle. They may get you through the game at a tricky stage, but you don't really learn anything from doing so, in regards how best to beat a gym leader or a fight on a tricky field. I'm probably not explaining this too well, but go ahead and use them if you must.

Onto your team issues

I really don't know what you are doing with some of your move choices, and I'm also wondering how you managed to get rhyperior at this point of the game as I recall the protector can only be found by using waterfall at the end of episode 15, but damned if I can remember.

Firstly, Solrock needs trick room. Get rid of wonder room for that move. That will at least help you with some of samson's pokemon by fixing your team's poor speed and allowing you to move first

Secondly, Dustox has long outlived its usefulness here. Samson has enough power and coverage to flatten that bug several times over, and it won't get much better for it from here. See if you can find a hawlucha from route 2 and replace it with that.

Fortunately a good portion of samson's team is frail so I'm not going to tell you to replace your rock type pokemon, as trick room will help fix that issue, as well as the field bonus to some of your attacks.

This will probably fix most of your issues with samson provided you can activate trick room as soon as possible without getting solrock KO'd in the process of doing so.