Rate my team :D

Wolfram2700

Hey everybody, just finished Ep. 15, and i wanted to share my team with you, and get a few recommendations and opinions.

I'd like to note that i don't EV train, or breed, i just use what i found: that's the way RBY was played and i'll stick to that. I feel that doing all that to get more powerful pokemons kind of takes the fun out of the game.

My main team consists of (everything between levels 72 - 76):

Pachirisu:
-Charge Beam

-Grass Knot

-Nuzzle

-Electro Ball

Pelipper:
-Hydro Pump

-Hurricane

-Surf

-Rain Dance

Pangoro:

-Sky Uppercut

-Crunch

-(Strenght/Rock Smash)

-Low Sweep

Meowstic:

-Miracle Eye

-Dark Pulse

-Psychic

-Psyshock

Delphox:

-Future Sight

-Fire Blast

-Flamethrower

-Psychic

Weezing:

-Destiny Bond (MVP against Ciel's mega altaria)

-Shockwave

-Venoshock

-Sludge Bomb

Besides that, i'm going to train the following pokemons, to make a second team:

Cubchoo - Kadabra - Luxio - Duskull - Kabuto - Noibat

And i'm also interested in training the following ones:

Aerodactyl - Beldum (once i get a shiny one, i'm still softresetting hehe) - Cyndaquil - Piplup

Edited by Wolfram2700

Damn I'm surprised Pachi was still useful for you. Impressive.Pelliper i've seen work for people, so that's a good one. I prefer Scrafty over Pangoro, but whatever works for you. Meowstic is ok. I prefer Alakazam. There are definitely a lot of psychic options you could use for Meowstic, with Metagross and Malamar being great choices. Delphox covers your Psychic role plenty well though, so you may want to find another type, maybe Ground for Meowstic? Weezing is a bluky pokemon so no problems with that, but Venoshock and Sludge Bomb seems pointless. I would replace Venoshock with something else for coverage, no sense in having 2 offensive moves of the same type. You have the right idea with Pangoro having SkyUppercut and Low Sweep - same type different purpose.

Damn I'm surprised Pachi was still useful for you.

You don't even know. I sent him first against Ciel's Togekiss, paralysed it and then i hit 3 charge beams, upping my sp atk. 3 times. Used an X Speed, and then electroball'd togekiss. Oneshotted it. And Archeops. And Noivern. then he missed and talonflame took him down but hey, no complaints hehe

Got surprised too by seeing Pachirisu in your main team mate, seems like i underestimated that pokemon.

Anyway, if you're looking for Cyndaquil and Piplup and you don't know how to have them, you can buy Cyndaquil at 7th Street (Pokemon Seller) and Piplup is obtainable by clicking on a rock near the Beryl Wall, this gives you a "Rare Candy" wich will be stolen by a Street Rat. Find the Street Rat in 7th Street and defeat him (it's in the bottom left part if i remember correctly), then trade the re-obtained Rare Candy to another Street Rat to obtain Piplup (this one is in one of the 2 grottos at the right part of 7th Street)

Damn. Can't believe you stuck with Pachirisu considering you could've gotten a shinx at the game corner. Time consuming but rewarding

i DID get the shinx, but i stuck with pachirisu as it was already trained. Mid game it was kinda bad, but at higher levels and with the right moveset, it's quite good actually.

i DID get the shinx, but i stuck with pachirisu as it was already trained. Mid game it was kinda bad, but at higher levels and with the right moveset, it's quite good actually.

Oh. Well other than that, I'd say you have a pretty solid team, although weezing seems like a pokemon that would have trouble sustaining itself in battle