Glitch Field's questions

Jiharo

Guys, I have a few questions about the Glitch Field cos it isn't worded very nicely.

Firstly, does the first pointer: "The physical/special move split is undone"

Means damage calculations goes back to gen II, before the introduction of physical and special attacks?

If that's the case, point 2: "Special Attacks, for both the attacker and defender, calculate off of the higher stat between SpAtk and SpDef"

What does this exactly mean? How are special attacks handled then?

Point 3: "Dark, Steel, and Fairy type attacks become Normal type"

Does this apply to defensive typing? Does Fairy still gains immunity to dragon type attacks? Does dark gain immunity to psychic? Does steel gain immunity to poison?

Point 4: "Camouflage changes the user's type to BIRD"

What does BIRD here means? Flying? If so, why not just call it that?

Point 5: 'Dragon always deal NEUTRAL damage"

What does neutral means? Does it mean that in Glitch Field, dragon hits dragons, steel and fairy for 1x?

How does super-effective/immunity and not-so-effective work with this neutral thing?

If anyone can answer that, I'll appreciate it. Thanks

Edited by Jiharo

The glitch field acts like gen 1

1)This means attacks are based on move type not on the move itself. Pretty much the eeveelution types plus dragon are special and everything else is physical.

2)If using a special attack it will take the users higher special stat to apply damage (e.g. chansey using a special move would use special defence.

3)I think what you described is right here.

4)Bird is a reference to Missingo's type from the gen 1 games.

5) I once again think that you are right. Neutral means 1x damage.

Basically, it turns the game into a Gen 1 Field.

1) Yes, the moves are calculated off the Gen I mechanics. And is Sp or Phys depending on type

2) SpDef and SpAtk was merged in Gen I, so if you have 250 SpAtk and 50 SpDef you'll have a stat of 250 "special"

3) These three types were not in the game in Gen I. Dark and Steel were created in Gen II and fairy in gen VI. Not sure about resistances, but I'd assume that they would be the same as normal. (don't quote me on this)

4) No clue. Just some glitch thing?

5) It may be a reference to how Dragon Rage was the only Dragon type move in gen I. But yeah, I think it is 1x

The glitch field acts like gen 1

1)This means attacks are based on move type not on the move itself. Pretty much the eeveelution types plus dragon are special and everything else is physical.

2)If using a special attack it will take the users higher special stat to apply damage (e.g. chansey using a special move would use special defence.

3)I think what you described is right here.

4)Bird is a reference to Missingo's type from the gen 1 games.

5) I once again think that you are right. Neutral means 1x damage.

So if it acts like gen 1, does it mean there's gonna be no immunity?

Basically, it turns the game into a Gen 1 Field.

1) Yes, the moves are calculated off the Gen I mechanics. And is Sp or Phys depending on type

2) SpDef and SpAtk was merged in Gen I, so if you have 250 SpAtk and 50 SpDef you'll have a stat of 250 "special"

3) These three types were not in the game in Gen I. Dark and Steel were created in Gen II and fairy in gen VI. Not sure about resistances, but I'd assume that they would be the same as normal. (don't quote me on this)

4) No clue. Just some glitch thing?

5) It may be a reference to how Dragon Rage was the only Dragon type move in gen I. But yeah, I think it is 1x

Okay, so can I assume that everything is gonna be calculated/work like gen I?

If nothing exist back in Gen I(Dark etc...) do I take it as it'll deal normal type damage?

EDIT: okay wait. You and the user above don't agree. Now what's exactly it for point 2?

Edited by Jiharo