Should I buy XY or ORAS?

Redo.

Long story short, I'm going to buy my first 3DS (Hopefully, a New 3DS XL) in mid november, but with my current economical status I can only afford 1 pokémon game (Because I want other games too).

So my question is, which pokémon game should I buy, and before you ask, my last pokémon game is Pokémon Conquest Pokémon White 2.

• Pokémon Y, Yvetaal is awesome and you should experience Kalos at least once.
  • Pokémon Omega Ruby, because the new megas are cool and it's the current version of the Metagame, and Pokémon Z will be out next year.

Pokemon Z is coming out soon, which might be an upgraded X/Y. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it should have a different plot. Honestly, I'd just get both.

If my calcs aren't wrong, if I go with a good 3DS model (I can go with a 2DS and get more games) I can afford at most 2/3 games (Probably 4 if I choose a 2DS).

Also, I want another games like Monster Hunter, Smash and Fire Emblem in my collection, so 1 pokémon game for now is enough (And in the future, when the price drop and I have money again, I can buy the other game, like I did with Platinum, I bought it at the same time I bought W2 becaue it was very cheap by then).

So yeah, I know the original Ruby & Emerald (Never played Sapphire tbh) very well thank to a lot of playthrough, but with a future Z I have my doubts (Also, XY metagame is dead).

You'd probably get the most out of ORAS, and you should get it. The Delta Episode is really cool, unique and different from other pokemon games. The next main series game with bet set in Kalos.

Pokemon Z is coming out soon, which might be an upgraded X/Y. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it should have a different plot. Honestly, I'd just get both.

I'm pretty sure it'll either come out mid next year or around winter

plus the music biblethumb.png

ORAS hands down. There's more content, particularly in the Megas. Granted you'll know the plot mostly if you played RS, but it has a great sense of refinement to it. I think I actually got some feels while playing through it.

Also if you're a competitive player, ORAS is going to be the gold standard game until the next one comes out. BW2 did this in 2012 and 2013 both, so maybe don't be surprised if it is viable for another year.

I wouldnt call XY (bad) per se, I mean it was a giant step back from gen 5 but wellp, it's a nice experience anyway.

ORAS has a very cool postgame miniplot, but the game is essentially just a remake and it is......shamefully easy to say the least. The choice is yours, ultimately

I say go with Y.

Friend safari's are an easy way to get 3+ IV pokemon with hidden abilities to start breeding with, including dittos. And if you played the original rse, it's really nothing new except new megas and the gen 6 mechanics.

You get a much more new experience with Y and you'll want to play with the new pokemon it introduced far more than a remake with the same old same old.

I'm for Y.

I actually really enjoyed the gen 6 games. They lacks some things and Team Flare were a let down but I found the games a lot fresher than replaying something I've done before without much change. Look they're both good and with Z coming out ORAS might be a better choice but I prefer Y.

Well, for now I'll go with Omega Ruby, and later I'll see if Z is an upgrade of XY (Like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald or Platinum) or a sequel (Like Black 2/White 2).

Also, I know I should ask in gaming in general but I don't want to open another post, so...

Tell me 1 or 2 games (At most) that are must own for the console, I was thinking in Smash Bros and Fire Emblem Awakening, but maybe there are better gems I'm missing.

Nostalgia made me buy AS. After playing it, I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

Of course, the extra megas are like, a must if you do competitive. Everybody is in ORAS right now, so ye.

Also, I know I should ask in gaming in general but I don't want to open another post, so...

Tell me 1 or 2 games (At most) that are must own for the console, I was thinking in Smash Bros and Fire Emblem Awakening, but maybe there are better gems I'm missing.

you should tots ask in the GG section though.

But I'd say Sm4sh and LoZ: A Link Between Worlds, but that's just me~

content-wise, ORAS is pretty good, even though the Battle Frontier isn't in the game.

and the graphics were improved GREATLY. so yes it's good that you're buying Omega Ruby.

X and Y wasn't really great. you get this feeling like...it was some kinda test for later games. basically, it was lacking a lot.

don't buy X and Y, I wouldn't recommend it.

Sm4sh for the 3ds is great! if you don't mind slow loading...

Link Between Worlds is great too, gameplay-wise. but since Triforce Heroes is out...i can't really say much.(i haven't played yet :0 ) i'd say wait if you wanna buy LoZ games.

but the remakes are a whole different story. if you want, you COULD buy Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask 3d...

if you're poor like me, save up for Fire Emblem: Fates instead of buying Awakening. <: