YuGiOh! - Arc V

Cepheus

So, I'm now up to Episode 60 - Yuya just started his duel against the Prison Boss

and seriously... this is the BEST YGO Arc I've seen... even better than the original Yugi Arc

(even though I still don't really like the Action Cards)

I mean they bring in like EVERYTHING from the previous Arcs:

now in the Synchro Dimension it's actually 5D's all over again, most likely some time post time-skip after Yusei and Jacks final Duel.

(and it's common knowledge that 5D's is the same world as original and GX... since GX was the same as original and Kaiba corp. essentially made Domino city into 5D's New Domino City)

In XYZ Dimension aka Heartland, I suppose it WAS basically Zexal (since it's now destroyed and all)

now... Fusion Dimension is interesting, first I thought Fusion Dimension would tie in into the Original/GX since back then we didn't have Synchro/XYZ and there was only Fusion (and the neglected Ritual) and Academia made sense to me as GX's Duel Academy

actually I would be even MORE hyped if they would have brought back the original MCs of the previous Arcs for being Yuyas "Soulmates" (Yuto / Yuugo / Yuuri) ... I mean it would made actually sense!

Each MCs name, from each Arc also starts with 'Yu' ... with Jaden beeing the odd-one out for it being his lastname:

Yugi

Yuki (Jaden)

Yusei

Yuma

With Original/GX/5D's sharing the same world, and it being the Synchro Dimension, Yugi and Jaden would have fallen out... because future, and Yusei would step in, and Yuma for the XYZ Dimension

This is totally only fan-theorizing but hey... what ever... this whole Dimension-thing got me thinking...

espacially after Yuya encountering Crow and arguing with him, like Yusei did!

However... the Prison Boss claims he is Boss there since 10 years... but yet Crow and Jack (poster/Intro) don't look much older... and if I recall correctly, someone other was Prison Boss back when Yusei went there... maybe another timeline of 5Ds or there is some inconcistency...

Anymway... only got 18 Episodes left ... after like 3-4 days of watching xD

(I can't recall when I've gone through an Anime so fast the last time ^^)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean they bring in like EVERYTHING from the previous Arcs:

now in the Synchro Dimension it's actually 5D's all over again, most likely some time post time-skip after Yusei and Jacks final Duel.

(and it's common knowledge that 5D's is the same world as original and GX... since GX was the same as original and Kaiba corp. essentially made Domino city into 5D's New Domino City)

No. The Synchro Dimension is a complete AU. It's not the same world as in 5D's. It's completely different, if you haven't realized by a lot of the details being different from that of 5D's.

actually I would be even MORE hyped if they would have brought back the original MCs of the previous Arcs for being Yuyas "Soulmates" (Yuto / Yuugo / Yuuri) ... I mean it would made actually sense!

Each MCs name, from each Arc also starts with 'Yu' ... with Jaden beeing the odd-one out for it being his lastname:

Yugi

Yuki (Jaden)

Yusei

Yuma

With Original/GX/5D's sharing the same world, and it being the Synchro Dimension, Yugi and Jaden would have fallen out... because future, and Yusei would step in, and Yuma for the XYZ Dimension

This is totally only fan-theorizing but hey... what ever... this whole Dimension-thing got me thinking...

espacially after Yuya encountering Crow and arguing with him, like Yusei did!

Not gonna happen. Jack and Crow may have shown up but they weren't able to sign Yusei's VA for Arc-V so he ain't showing up.

Also, please don't ever refer to Judai as Jaden. That name legitimately pisses me off.

Arc V, logically should happen long after Zexal, making Yuya the succesor of Yugi, Jaden/Judai, Yusei and Yuma as the lastest friendly worldsaving duelist. And yet, it seems like the whole setting of the dimensions is "the series, as if the guys never existed", the City in Synchro D's split didn't happen because of the Zero Reverse, just because the people are jerks and the leaders aren't worth a damn. It looks like many things from the other series (Momentum, The Light of Ruin, the Signers, the Number, Barians, etc) either don't exist or aren't mentioned. Be up for the Friendship Cup, it becomes YGO + Mario Kart.

No. The Synchro Dimension is a complete AU. It's not the same world as in 5D's. It's completely different, if you haven't realized by a lot of the details being different from that of 5D's.

Not gonna happen. Jack and Crow may have shown up but they weren't able to sign Yusei's VA for Arc-V so he ain't showing up.

Also, please don't ever refer to Judai as Jaden. That name legitimately pisses me off.

well sorry, that I only know Judai as Jaden... since that was his name in the german dub...

and just because they didn't get Yusei's VA doesn't mean that he doesn't show up... many animes bring back characters with different VAs... but I also guess that he won't show up, just the reasoning is 'meh'.

and since Yuugo is already his Yuuyas Synchro "Soulmate" I know that it couldn't be Yusei... I just said that I would have PREFERED (that I'd be MORE HYPED) if it would have been the original MCs.

and on that note:

yeah this 5Ds world is different from the original 5Ds as I stated before because of the inconsitency with the prison-boss being there for 10 years, while it was someone else when Yusei was in there...

It might have been because of the Fusion-worlds "spy" that have come here that this is a parallel time-line with a different outcome...

First I had the impression that it might take part BEFORE the events of 5Ds, since Jack was Duel King for a few years before Yusei challanged him and therefore before the start of 5Ds... but I looked it up again and in 5Ds it was only 2 years, while here they state Jack is reigning King for 3 years...

but then this makes more sense to me:

Arc V, logically should happen long after Zexal, making Yuya the succesor of Yugi, Jaden/Judai, Yusei and Yuma as the lastest friendly worldsaving duelist. And yet, it seems like the whole setting of the dimensions is "the series, as if the guys never existed", the City in Synchro D's split didn't happen because of the Zero Reverse, just because the people are jerks and the leaders aren't worth a damn. It looks like many things from the other series (Momentum, The Light of Ruin, the Signers, the Number, Barians, etc) either don't exist or aren't mentioned. Be up for the Friendship Cup, it becomes YGO + Mario Kart.

well Yugi and JUDAI may or may not have existed... because Kaiba Corps involvement (and Kaiba has changed because of Yugi) in the evolution from YGO/GX 's Domino City to 5Ds' NEW Domino City... without Yusei in the 5Ds universe, it may have come to this alternate dimension, where no one could defeat Jack after 2 years (which Yusei did) and he is still King after 3 years, and there is no sign of the Signers or their Dragons (Red Dragon Archfiend / Black feather Dragon)

but on that note: the Fusion-Dimension might actually be some kind of distorted GX-dimension/Timeline - an Idea that I tossed away above, because I tossed it together with New Domino City and therefore 5Ds... but with this insight of the earlier Protagonists not existing... it makes sense:

- Academia = Duel Academy

- both located on an Island

- Fusion summons were most common in GX and ALWAYS used by Judai (hell, all his Ace-Monsters were Fusions with the exception of E-Hero Neos)

- those Academia Jackets look awefully familiar...

- Obelisk Force = Obelisk Blue

I want to know what the heck is going on with the 4 Bracelet Girls... and I want to know what kind of Deck Ruri uses, but it just has to do with Music!

Yuzu = Singing

Serena = Dancing

Rin = Instruments (we saw a card of her, which was an elf playing the flute, if I remember correctly)

Ruri = ???

anyway... now I'm all finished with the current releases and now I'm waiting for the sub of todays episode 79.

I want to know what the heck is going on with the 4 Bracelet Girls... and I want to know what kind of Deck Ruri uses, but it just has to do with Music!

Yuzu = Singing

Serena = Dancing

Rin = Instruments (we saw a card of her, which was an elf playing the flute, if I remember correctly)

Ruri = ???

The 4 bracelet girls are falling under the theme of the Japanese proverb 'Kachou Fuugetsu'. You should be able to deduce from here.

To clarify, it has been explicitly stated by Konami that each dimension is an alternate universe version of the settings of the previous arcs. Like, they are a different canon/continuity, if you are into western comics a good example would be the relationship between Spider Man and Ultimate Spider Man.

Still mad at the Council, though, giving that poumpous big nosed rat Roger so much unchecked power and thinking of selling out to Academia is unforgivable, and that's without considering the hellhole City is.

And now, Yuya Synchro Summoned!, he's got all the Extra Deck up and running, now let's see if he can make a ritual.

Edited by leocain

just watched the latest episode

and just WHERE did he get his Synchro Monster from?

It always irritates me:

Never used a Special-Summoning method before but have all the Extra-Deck Monsters in your extra deck.

If he had it before... he could have just gotten a tuner monster before he was handed Tuning Magician and used Synchro summon way earlier

(even Gongenzaka managed to get a few tuner monsters that matched his Super Heaver Samurai deck... so they don't seem that hard to get in Standard-Dimension after all)

and no - Yuri's dragon hasn't be revealed yet... but I bet it will be something like:

Evil Demon Fusion Dragon

where did you get the idea that Yuri's dragon would be revealed when there is only Yuuya vs Shinji currently dueling?^^

Also, the whole "cards magically materializing in one's deck" thing has been there since the very first series, so yeah, that's just how they roll :P

It's true. Jack and Yusei did it in 5D's for Scar Red Nova Dragon and Shooting Star (and Shooting Quasar) for example. Not exactly new...

If you want to go there, how about Majestic Dragon being topdecked at will? Or heck, how about Yuma being outright stated to have the power to create the ZWs mid-duel in Zexal?

Or how about the Doma Arc on YGO DM, the dragons appeared out of nowhere, two of them in the middle of a Duel.

Those too. And I think Super Polymerizations and half of the Neos Fusions in GX season 4 as well. Basically, this is nothing new. People using cards they never had before and showed no evidence of getting is par for the course in YGO.

• 2 months later...

ARC-V getting so good, there is no reason for a YGO anime to be this good, and yeah all yuya has to do is summon OERD and he wins, also, I don't want yuugo to leave just yet, I need more speedroid support first.

Why are you saying he should summon Odd-Eyes-Rebellion Dragon?? - HE CAN'T!

Barrets Crimson Chain-Medallion things doesn't allow Yuya to Summon anything! (quote: "With this effect my opponent cannot activate Magic or Trap Cards, and my opponent cannot NORMAL or SPECIAL Summon!")

it even says so in the episode guide on a wiki - "The effect of "Crimson Chain" prevents Yuya from Normal or Special Summoning monsters, or activating Spell or Trap Cards"

to summon OERD he would need to XYZ-summon it, which is a special summon, which is negated by the crimson chain effect!

(also his DRD is still considered RANK 4 - to XYZ-Summon he would first have to make it be treated as a LEVEL 7)

oh yeah - and IF HE SOMEHOW DOES in the next episode I'm going to flip my shit, because the anime is always screwing around with the rules from one episode into the other... seriously... stick with your own rules for once Anime!!!

all he can do is draw a card and activate Pendulum effects - so he would need a Pendulum monster that somehow negates enemy spell/trap effects or destroys opponents Monsters

this or I'm somehow severely missing something here...

all he can do is draw a card and activate Pendulum effects - so he would need a Pendulum monster that somehow negates enemy spell/trap effects or destroys opponents Monsters

But he does have such a card. Didn't he get out a similar lockdown by using a combination of pendulum effects a while back?

Also, don't flip too hard, the anime is all about screwing the rules. Heck in Zexal Yuma attacked during MP2 in his duel against Tron, it cannot possibly get worse than that...

*Looks at Crimson Chain Medallion*
Huh…it does say that…Never mind. Must have missed that when i watched episode 90.

Well, he'll screw with Pendulum Effects and the like so meh. You're honestly getting way too worked up, Cepheus. Calm down, kid.

I'M NOT CALMING DOWN! RAAAAAAWRRR!!!

I'M GOING TO BURN YOUR HOUSES DOWN!!! WITH THOSE PLAYING CARDS!!!

#YGOLogic

(seriously... why fight an approaching army with their own weapons, when you have fricking Panzer-Tanks!)

just kidding...

I'm just tired of shows screwing with the ruling because the MC has 'Plot-Armor'

I'm calling it now!

Yuya isn't able to do anything, he would lose this battle (because well he has currently only Smile world in hand), but the Duel gets canceled because of this Yu-Reunion thing going on, and the Dragons wrecking everything!

this is Yuya's "get out of hopeless battle free"-card! - like other Protagonist from previous Arcs had one...

3XjQKxH.jpg

Though in all honesty, Yuya has zero plot armor compared to characters like Atem and Yusei.

He is probably one of the most tortured MCs I have seen in an anime. His entire life's philosophy has been stamped to the ground while he is being continuously controlled by external influences in ways that have forced him to go against said philosophy. Put yourself in the poor kid's shoes.

• 1 month later...