passing a move

Mugetsu23

I just got my first "perfect" pokemon and i wanna teach him close combat. The thing is one of the first parents i used knew close combat, which i have no idea how he got it, since i only had him in the party with a close combat mankey. But after "generations" moves stop getting passed on to them and now he doesnt know it. Is there a way to learn it, because i doubt i can get the same stats if i start breeding with a mid-low mankey from scratch... Thx in advance

post-59913-0-23685900-1445414828_thumb.png

Mankey can breed with Growlithe and pass Close Combat, that's why the first ones had it.

Without going too much in-depth, since Etesian's guide is way better for this, you'd first need to breed your perfect Growlithe with another Growlithe/Ditto and get a female one, so you can breed with a Male Mankey that knows Close Combat, and get the move again.

...yeah, you're probably gonna waste more time with this. Some people will probably suggest you breed with a Destiny Knot in one of the pokémons, but there's only so much a Destiny Knot can do~

How can you obtain pokemons with perfect IVs in the first time? I mean you hatch like a fool until you have it? I know the item's effects but where do you got the parents?

You just need 6 things that have like 1 perfect IV each (one with 31 HP, one with 31 Attack, etc) and go to the Day-Care. If you have something in the Day-Care hold a Power item, the IV that Power item boosts will be passed on (so if you put something with 31 HP IVs in the Day Care and have it hold a Power Weight, whatever you hatch will have 31 HP IVs). And then you just pass on the perfect stats, step by step, onto one thing.

I didnt use any of this. To get this pokemon it got me 9 generations and about 10 hours(~2 hours per day, 2 generations). By generation i mean the parents. After i got the female from the police officer i made a male and a female baby.Those were the 1st gen and were crap stas. So i used them to hatch 30( one page in the computer), then i got the "top stats" of em, they were the 2nd gen, etc till the 9nth, when i got this pokemon. It wasnt as hard as i expected but i will use the destiny knot and will try the fast egg hatch with CE in etesians guide when i finish ep 15

Edited by Mugetsu23

I just got the a Ditto from 7nth street(note: i was stuck at 7nth street, couldnt make Bennett appear, so i didnt know what to do and started a new game, and since i didnt have anything better to do i started breeding there the growlithe(while checking the guides i learned for ivs and evs,didnt have a clue bout those before)). Since its was my first time breeding and quite successful, i will keep this way, i guess the ditto can help only for male/female breeding since his stats are so low(mine has 4 stats <10). I guess i will make a good Empoleon when i finish ep 15 :-)