The Spark of Life (A Pokemon Reborn Hardcore Electric-type Monotype Run) (COMPLETED THROUGH EPISODE 15)

Lord Chespin

Choose my next run  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What game should I play next?

• Pokemon Reborn Hardcore
    • Pokemon Rejuvenation
    • Other (specify below)
  2. 2. What kind of run should I do?

• Monotype run
    • PU-tier Only run
    • Base-stat-total run
    • Other (please specify below)
  3. 3. If I did do a Monotype run, what type should I use?

Nice dude, the Bennett fight for me also was ridiculously lackluster because stealth rocks half healthed almost half of his team. I actually did it on the first try without even having to make any serious adjustments with the pokemon I have in rotation and whatnot. But I feel there sin't a real way to beef this fight up without making it nearly impossible with any kind of team, or by breaking the bug mono. Perhaps something to deal with entry hazards better? Personally I think all leaders should have this, as stealth rocks was almost game winning in my fight vs Serra and Shelly as well.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice dude, the Bennett fight for me also was ridiculously lackluster because stealth rocks half healthed almost half of his team. I actually did it on the first try without even having to make any serious adjustments with the pokemon I have in rotation and whatnot. But I feel there sin't a real way to beef this fight up without making it nearly impossible with any kind of team, or by breaking the bug mono. Perhaps something to deal with entry hazards better? Personally I think all leaders should have this, as stealth rocks was almost game winning in my fight vs Serra and Shelly as well.

Admittedly, I do have a little trouble on this fight but I wouldn't say it's hard. But yeah, Bennett's team is kind of meh and I already had to swap out a few Pokemon by moving Scyther and Heracross back. If you outspeed him, it's easy. If you don't outspeed him, it's a bit scary. As for hazards, that's kind of an iffy thing right now. If a ton of people start using lots of hazards in game, I might try something but I don't even know if the AI is programmed to check for them or how it works. I'll likely wait until more people kind of play before giving a response. Trust me, hazards are a lifesaver in some battles like for that Cloyster.

Good luck on Serra, but I know you can do it even with electric types. You did it with poison types after all. Once you beat Serra, I'm not sure if you want to wait or not as 1.9 is around the corner and I've been kind of adjusting stuff as we speak. I even fixed the TM error, added Dragon to Mega Sceptile, and other quick fixes missed. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Admittedly, I do have a little trouble on this fight but I wouldn't say it's hard. But yeah, Bennett's team is kind of meh and I already had to swap out a few Pokemon by moving Scyther and Heracross back. If you outspeed him, it's easy. If you don't outspeed him, it's a bit scary. As for hazards, that's kind of an iffy thing right now. If a ton of people start using lots of hazards in game, I might try something but I don't even know if the AI is programmed to check for them or how it works. I'll likely wait until more people kind of play before giving a response. Trust me, hazards are a lifesaver in some battles like for that Cloyster.

For the most part, my team is, or was extremely slow at that point. The only two members that weren't in the 50-70 range were my Mamoswine and my Krookadile

Well, i guess i have to say i'm impressed. I really didn't think you could beat Aya like that because i had a pain with a good tank team and your pokemons seemed too frail for me, but well, even with that pain, you got her in the end :) But hey, i thought you would pick Sigmund to make a sparky confrontation, you coward xD

Well, i'm happy to be back to see your brand new adventures, have a wonderful birthday aswell :)

Hey! Sorry for the lack of updates; it's been busy lately, between my birthday and taking a college tour today, but I'm back! Thanks to everybody who wished me a happy birthday, and without further ado...

Update #33: (Mirror) Shot in the Dark

Well, Serra was actually pretty tricky! I guess it's to be expected, though; most of my team's pretty squishy specially, and most of her team's pretty strong specially, so, uh, yeah. Anyway, on TEH URN, I led with TimTim and she led with Mega Abombasnow. TimTim knocked it down to only a sliver of health with a single mirror shot, and Abomasnow (despite knowing focus blast, which would have easily knocked out TimTim after hail damage) decided to use outrage, which left TimTim sitting pretty at 80 HP even after the hail! TimTim then impeached President Obamasnow with one more mirror shot, ending his run in office! Then came her hardest Pokemon: Mamoswine. Seriously, that thing kicks my rump every time. Anyway, I sent out Amethyst, but unlike in most of the battles she participated in she was pretty much cannon fodder, whiffing a power gem and getting taken down by two icicle crashes. Anyway, I then sent out Commander the Badass Fish, and he managed to survive a critical-hit rock slide and unleashed two bubble beams, one of which was a critical hit! Serra then tried healing her Mamoswine with two ultra potions, but this just gave Commander an opportunity to heal up himself, and he managed to tank a rock slide and make Serra use up her last ultra potion, then take the Mamoswine down with 8 HP remaining! Up next came Serra's Glaceon, but it was pretty much a joke: TimTim managed to outspeed it and takke it down with a single mirror shot! Up next came Serra's Cloyster, so I sent out Solarance, who managed to break Cloyster's focus sash with a discharge. I braced for the worst as Cloyster used rock blast... but it missed! This gave Solarance the time to take it down with one more discharge, leading to Serra sending out her Vanilluxe! I sent out Elise, but Vanilluxe somehow managed to outspeed her, doing heavy damage with a signal beam while she set up an electric terrain. Ultimately, she managed to land a single thunderbolt before fainting to two more signal beams, but TimTim was able to come out and end it with a discharge after tanking a mirror shot! All that remained was Serra's Froslass... and boy howdy, it was a doozy. I sent out Hemlock, but she fainted from a critical-hit shadow ball before she could do anything. I decided to send out Solarance, but he got slammed hard by a reflected frost breath, only giving him enough time to fire off one critical-hit discharge, leaving the Froslass with about 33.33333333 (repeating, of course) percent of its health before he fainted. Running out of options, I sent out Commander, and he managed to heal TimTim before fainting to a shadow ball. Luckily, TimTim was able to come out, tank a frost breath, and end the Froslass with a single mirror shot, earning Tesla the Rhine Badge! Time to get some medicine for Anna!

The team so far:

171.pngCommander (Male) - Lv. 49

082.pngTimTim (Non-Binary) - Lv. 50

695.pngElise (Female) - Lv. 50

125.pngSolarance (Male) - Lv. 48

604.pngHemlock (Female) - Lv. 48

181.pngAmethyst (Female) - Lv. 48

Edited by supermario79411

You're pretty lucky you have a strong and fast special attacker for that cloyster, while I was running through it, I didn't have any fast, strong special attackers, as those are rather incommon among ground types, so I had to use Golem's sturdy, and hoped it used waterfall and didn't flinch me to kill it with an earthquake, taking it down to half and the field doing the rest. This also took the field out, which was amazing.

Hey! Again, sorry for the lack of updates; I've been visiting my sister's college today and yesterday. In fact, I'm writing this from her dorm room right now! But enough about me, let's kill YOU let's get started!

Update #34: Shock and Awe

Woo boy. Sigmund was INSANE. Seriously, I went into the fight barely expecting to have any trouble, and he kicked my arse left and right until I finally managed to get smart. Anyway, on TEH URN, I led with TimTim and he led with Mega Ampharos. TimTim managed to set up two metal sounds and tanked a hidden power and a signal beam, but then got confused and injured xyrself. After a dragon pulse that same turn, xe was left with only nine HP, but he managed to land one last metal sound before the Ampharos took xyr down. Fortunately, Amethyst was able to come out and take Sigmund's Ampharos down with a single power gem, proving her to be the ultimate Ampharos! Anyway, Sigmund then sent out his Eelektross, and I countered by sending out Hemlock. Hemlock tanked a giga drain and a drain punch and set up two coils, but was left with only 27 HP, so I healed her with a berry ice cream while Eelektross used drain punch. The two Eelektross both used crunch, but Sigmund's Eelektross actually managed to lower Hemlock's defense; regardless, I had her use crunch again, and Sigmund's Eelektorss used drain punch. I healed Hemlock while Sigmund healed his Eelektross, and then we repeated the same sequence for the next three turns: drain punch vs. crunch, crunch (which lowered defense) vs. crunch, heal vs. heal. However, since at this point Hemlock's defense was back to the baseline, I quickly had her use two more coils while Sigmund's Eelektross used drain punch and discharge, then healed her again with a berry ice cream (geez, I'm starting to sound like a broken record here) and had her unleash two crunches while Sigmund's Eelektross fired off a crunch and a giga drain. I quickly healed her again while Sigmund healed his Eelektross, and she tanked two discharges to end the Eelektross with a few crunches! Up next came Sigmund's ace, Elecctivire, but I kept Hemlock on the field. I quickly healed her again (with a chocolate ice cream this time, since I had used up all the berry ice creams) while Electivire foolishly used wild charge. She then took a fire punch in stride and did massive damage with a crunch, ending it! Up next came Sigmund's Luxray, and once again Hemlock stayed on the field. She did massive damage with a crunch after tanking a facade, but then she fainted from a guts-boosted facade. Luckily, by this point Luxray was so weak that Kamina was able to come out and take him down with a mighty acrobatics! Up next came Sigmund's Lanturn, so I sent out Amethyst again. She tanked a scald and a discharge, but then got confused and injured herself. And to top it all off, she got burned by a scald the next turn! Now, I had received a full restore earlier in the run from SHIA, but I had kept it stashed away for when I really needed it... and I decided then and there that now was when I really needed it. I healed her with it, and she tanked two scalds... only to get burned again. Fortunately, she managed to last long enough to tank a discharge and end the Lanturn with two more power gems, but she was left with only three HP! I switched her out for Kamina, and Sigmund sent out his last Pokemon: Rotom-Mow. Kamina managed to do massive damage to the Rotom with two acrobatics, but then fainted from a critical-hit shadow ball. To make matters worse, Rotom was able to take out AnimeFg the Stunfisk with one leaf storm! I didn't lose hope, however, and had Commander sacrifice himself to heal Amethyst with my last chocolate ice cream, and Amethyst was able to dodge a leaf storm to take out Rotom with a power gem, ending the fight! And so Saphira gets kidnapped; it's time to go help her bust out of the Meteor base!

Oh, and in case you guys were wondering why I waited to fight Sigmund, it's because I wanted to get the additional dialogue where Laura talks about Lin. So... yeah.

The team so far:

171.pngCommander (Male) - Lv. 50

082.pngTimTim (Non-Binary) - Lv. 50

618.pngAnimeFg (Male) - Lv. 49

587.pngKamina (Male) - Lv. 50

604.pngHemlock (Female) - Lv. 50

181.pngAmethyst (Female) - Lv. 50

It's kinda saddening that I didn't get to do anything but get one shot in another major fight, yet again. But yeah, that Elektross on Sigmund's team as probably the biggest problem for me as well, I ended up having to fight it out with my leech seed torterra and a whole bunch of crunches and super potions.

It's kinda saddening that I didn't get to do anything but get one shot in another major fight, yet again. But yeah, that Elektross on Sigmund's team as probably the biggest problem for me as well, I ended up having to fight it out with my leech seed torterra and a whole bunch of crunches and super potions.

Well, if it makes you feel better, you're actually currently my strongest Pokemon! You were also pivotal in the Steelix battle, as I'm going to detail below.

Update #35: The Day the Earth Stood Steelix

Well, Steelix wasn't that bad, although it took me a few tries to develop a strategy. I led with TimTim, and he managed to land a single metal sound before fainting to an earthquake and a stone edge. Up next came Commander the Badass Fish, and he got off a confuse ray, causing the Steelix to hurt itself twice and give Commander enough time to almost KO it with a hydro pump before fainting to a stone edge. Luckily, AnimeFg was able to tank a stone edge and KO Steelix with a mighty muddy water, allowing Saphira to make it reluctantly join us on our raid of the Tanzan Mountain Base! All that remains is the PULSE Abra... and boy, I'm not looking forward to it.

The team so far:

171.pngCommander (Male) - Lv. 52

082.pngTimTim (Non-Binary) - Lv. 52

618.pngAnimeFg (Male) - Lv. 54

587.pngKamina (Male) - Lv. 52

604.pngHemlock (Female) - Lv. 52

181.pngAmethyst (Female) - Lv. 52

Someone actually struggled with steelix? That's a first. I probably could make that thing a level 100 and it still wouldn't be super difficult. Btw, which version are you playing? If it's 1.9, that abra got a 15 level nerf so some things should survive it now. Emphasis on some.

I'm playing version 1.8. I'll have to upgrade to Version 1.9 for Noel. Also, keep in mind that I'm using a mono-electric team fighting a very high-level ground-type.

Update #36: Wrath of the Glass Cannon

I'm going to be frank: I got lucky. Very, very lucky. Seriously, back in my Poison Monotype this was the battle that I had to resort to using revives for. Anyway, on TEH URN, I led with TimTim, and thanks to sturdy he lived long enough to get off one metal sound. Up next came AnimeFg, but he fainted from a single energy ball before he could do anything. Just when I started to lose hope, Amethyst not only managed to tank a dark pulse, but actually managed to paralyze Abra with a discharge! YES! This gave her enough time to KO it with another discharge, ending the Abra just in time to meet Lin. I'm soooooooo looking forward to fighting her in future updates...

The team so far:

171.pngCommander (Male) - Lv. 52

082.pngTimTim (Non-Binary) - Lv. 52

618.pngAnimeFg (Male) - Lv. 54

604.pngHemlock (Female) - Lv. 52

181.pngAmethyst (Female) - Lv. 52

Nice for Abra and Steelix fights. Commander, You should put a thing to prevent Perish song / Dbonds abuse, because well, Mario struggled with both while i just destiny bonded them all....That's kinda unfair :/

I don't think there's anything to be done against Perish Song/D Bond when it's the only pokemon on the team, and it only has attack moves.

If you have a problem with it, take it up with Ame and actual Reborn. My focus is on trainer data and will stay that way. Besides, I don't honestly care if people use Perish Song or D-bond abuse. That's their choice so why should I bother punishing them for making the fight easy. If you don't like the idea, then don't use the moves. That's all there is to it.

Hey! Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been waiting for Version 1.9 to come out, but I can't seem to find a download link, so I guess I'll just continue using 1.8.1. Anyway...

Update #37: Standard Operating Procedure

"Noel, huh? He's got tons of NU Pokemon, this should be easy! =D" Cue me getting my face stomped on by Noel for about 10 attempts, especially by Cinccino and that freaking Lickiliky with its stupid face and LICKILICKY, YOU'RE THE WORST- (cough) Uh, sorry. Point is, Noel's hard. On TEH URN, I led with Hemlock, and he led with Cinccino. The next three or so minutes went more or less like this:

1) Tank a bullet seed, tail slap, rock blast, or (if I got lucky) hidden power from Cincinno.

2) Use Coil and pray Hemlock doesn't flinch.

3) If her health gets low, heal Hemlock with a berry or (if she's really low on HP) a blue moon ice cream.

4) Rinse and repeat.

Eventually, thanks to the field Hemlock managed to reach max attack, accuracy and defense, and took Cincinno down after tanking one last tail slap! Lickilicky, which was normally the bane of my existence, surprisingly went down to a single wild charge, as did Staraptor; sadly, Hemlock took massive recoil from both of these attacks and fainted from a Red Ring of Death. Up next came Noel's Porygon-Z, and I sent out Amethyst. Amethyst managed to barely survive two tri attacks, set up an electric terrain, and paralyzed Porygon-Z with a discharge! She then took it down with two more discharges, making Noel waste his two ultra potions in the process! Unfortunately, up next came the Pokemon that I had the most trouble with this run: Mega Audino. Seriously, this thing was a pain to take down, especially since I seriously underestimated it. I had Amethyst use discharge, but even with the field boost it hardly dented it, and it then took her down with a moonblast. I sent out Commander, and he managed to set up a parafusion combo on it and then began spamming hydro pump. Unfortunately, even with naturally-occurring rain on his side, he could barely dent it, and it just kept recovering health with wish and ultra potions until Commander ran out of PP for hydro pump. Luckily, he was able to spam discharge and slowly chip away at its health while it just spammed misty terrain; unfortunately, it spammed misty terrain, meaning that Commander's original plan for it to help Clefable rack up cosmic power boosts was under way. I sent out Elise, and she couldn't cancel the field with an electric terrain; however, a miracle then happened: rather than use moonblast or cosmic power, it used hidden power. ALLELUIA! This gave Elise some time to spam thunderbolt and set up an electric terrain before she fainted from a moonblast. Commander came back out, and almost KO'd it with three discharges (and probably would have, if it wasn't for a lucky special attack drop from a moonblast) before fainting to a moonblast. Luckily, at this point it was so weak that Solarance was able to swoop in and end it with a mighty thunderbolt, ending the fight and earning Tesla the Standard Badge! Let's go check to see if Saphira's okay!

The team so far:

171.pngCommander (Male) - Lv. 53

695.pngElise (Female) - Lv. 52

125.pngSolarance (Male) - Lv. 53

604.pngHemlock (Female) - Lv. 53

181.pngAmethyst (Female) - Lv. 53

That is very surprising. Licklicky never seemed like a threat, and yet here it is proving that things struggle on it. Good determination :)

Thanks! Seeing your compliments... it fills me with DETERMINATION. Um, anyway...

Update #38: "You Really Are an IDIOT." Don't take that the wrong way, I'm quoting Flowey

Well, the Fern fight really came down to the wire! It took me a couple tries, too, but I managed to beat him. On TEH URN, I led with Hemlock, and he led with Haxorus. After the initial wave of panic was over, I had Hemlock use coil twice while Haxorus set up a dragon dance and used iron tail. Before she could set up a third coil, though, Haxorus used taunt, stopping her in her tracks. I wasn't discouraged, though, and had Hemlock use crunch while tanking a dragon claw, and (after Fern tried healing it with a berry ice cream) she went on to KO it with another crunch! Up next came Fern's Krookodile. I had Hemlock use crunch while she tanked a brick break and a thunder fang, and then (since the taunting wore off) had her use a coil before healing her with a berry ice cream. She then (after tanking another thunder fang and a brick break) unleashed a mighty crunch, ending the Krookodile! Fern's Scizor came out next, and it actually managed to land a surprise KO on Hemlock with a lucky critical-hit knock off! I sent out Commander next, and he set up a parafusion combo before unleashing a rain-boosted hydro pump, ending the Scizor before it could even land a hit! Up next came what was normally the hardest Pokemon for my team to face: Fern's Mega Sceptile. I sent out Kamina, and although he got seeded, he managed to stay strong and unleash an acrobatics, which weakened it so much that Fern ha no choice but to use his berry ice cream. Big mistake, as this allowed Kamina to end it with one last acrobatics! Fern sent out his Roserade, and I tried switching out to Commander. He sadly fainted from a giga drain before he could take it down, but Kamina managed to come out, tank a giga drain, paralyze it with a nuzzle, and end the Roserade with an acrobatics! All that was left was Fern's Ferrothorn, and boy, it was a tough nut to crack (pun intended). I sent out Solarance, and he used low kick, but he fainted pretty fast to a power whip. I sent out Amethyst next, and although she did pitifully little damage with a discharge, she was able to paralyze it, tank a power whip, set up an electric terrain, and get off two more discharges before fainting to a gyro ball. I sent out Elise next, but she fainted from a single gyro ball after only getting off one thunderbolt. All I had left was Kamina, but that was apparently all I needed, because Kamina took it down with an electro ball and a mighty acrobatics! With Fern going crying (internally, of course) to Florina, it's time to explore Route 1!

...If I'm not back in two days, send help.

The team so far:

171.pngCommander (Male) - Lv. 53

695.pngElise (Female) - Lv. 52

125.pngSolarance (Male) - Lv. 52

587.pngKamina (Male) - Lv. 54

604.pngHemlock (Female) - Lv. 54

181.pngAmethyst (Female) - Lv. 53

Huh, that's kinda funny, the hardest pokemon for me were his Serperior and his Roserade, as they outsped most of my team, and just healed, especially that Serperior. But all I had to do to kill that Sceptile was ice shard it with my mamoswine, the 4x weakness killed it really easily. Also, nice undertale references ;p