Need help with my team.

Beliar

Hi everyone , this is my first post . First of all this game is incredible . Difficulty is much much more than im used to ,and every gym battle was interesting. I was never min/maxing in pokemon games cause i never needed to. Now after i beat terra after ~15 tries im left with 3 of my pokemons overleveled which is gonna be a problem in next gym/boss fight. I need help with my team.

Noivern(ev trained in spc. Atk and spc.Def ( iv 31 for spc.Atk and 30 for spc.Def)) level 78

Dragon pulse

roost

Boomburst

huriccane

Noivern( second one without ev training) level 71

dragon pulse

superfang

roost

huriccane

Jolteon(no ev training) level 73

Thunder wave

Discharge

thunder

some weak bug-move

Nidoking(no ev training) level 78

surf

earth power

sludge wave

flamethrower

Charizard(no ev training) level 78

Fire blitz

heat wave

flamethrower

firespin

I am currently catching Beldum over and over to get good IV's on him and will EV train him afterwards.

P.S. English isn't my native language so plz , have that in mind. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

In what way exactly do you need help? Preparing for the next gym, or making more balanced team? I'd suggest you ditch one of those Noiverns, and picking up some pokemon that could take care of rock and ground types, since your team is really weak to those. I mean, kudos to beating terra with that line up :D

In what way exactly do you need help? Preparing for the next gym, or making more balanced team? I'd suggest you ditch one of those Noiverns, and picking up some pokemon that could take care of rock and ground types, since your team is really weak to those. I mean, kudos to beating terra with that line up :D

Balanced team is more what i am looking for. Yeah Terra was one big rng with over leveled pokemons but it was her garchomp who was wrecking me. I used level 55 graveller with sturdy and explosion and got him down to 25% and killed it with my noivern who was lucky enough to get attacked with flamethrower and was in mood to attack garchomp. Also you can imagine my reaction when i realized jolteon can't touch every single one of her pokemons.

Edited by Beliar

I would recommend redoing Charizard's moveset. According to monotype viability, they suggest Heat Wave (for field changes), Air Slash, and 2 Egg moves which is not possible at this point. So I suggest Heat Wave, Air Slash, Sunny Day, and maybe Echoed Voice? Not sure what you could put in that last slot.

I would recommend redoing Charizard's moveset. According to monotype viability, they suggest Heat Wave (for field changes), Air Slash, and 2 Egg moves which is not possible at this point. So I suggest Heat Wave, Air Slash, Sunny Day, and maybe Echoed Voice? Not sure what you could put in that last slot.

Gonna need to look for those TM's then . thx for a tip

well you can always use common candy to lower your lvl. well the next gym is a flying gym. i would train up a strong rock type.

well i would certainly add a water type to your team. maybe kindra if you have a pokemon with compound eyes you can fish for horsea with dragon scale easily.

Kindra

Ability:swift swim

Surf

dragon pulse

Rain dance

Icy wind

Well i would add/breed a better charizard if you could and ev train in speed and sp atk and give em this move set

Charizard

Ability:Blaze

Dragon pulse

Heat wave

Flamethrower

Air slash

but i don't think you would want to waste time trying to breed so just teach your charizard air slash via heart scale and replace flare blitz/ fire spin.

well i would also add a fighting type into your team so you can handle the ice type blake is gonna throw at you at the 3X 2v2 battle.A Scrafty with moxie will do.

Scrafty

Ability: Moxie

High jump kick

Crunch

Facade(dragon dance if you are breeding)

Brick Break(drain punch if u are planing to breed)

Oh A strong rock type would be Archeops. he would 100% be useful in the flying gym.

Acheops

Ability: Defeatist

Acrobatics

Rock slide

Dragon Claw

U-turn

More pokemons to consider adding to you team:

Alakazam

Ability:Magic guard/Synchronize

Psychic

Grass knot

Calm mind

Shadow ball(if you completed shade at episode 14 and got it as a tm reward if not just put Future Sight)

Delphox

Ability: Magician

Physhock

Physchic

shadow ball

Flamethrower

Mamoswine

Ability:Snow clock/Thick fat

Ice shard

Icicle crash(breeding needed for this)

Earthquake

Mist( mist is an awesome move in reborn cause you can change the field using mist)

Edited by Luna

As far as Charizard with dragon pulse goes, I have charmanders with tht moveset and perfect IVs (yes, I am willing to give them away). I'd suggest water/ice moon (there's plenty of choice in the ametrine). Scrafty is a good choice, although you could also go with breelom.

well you can always use common candy to lower your lvl. well the next gym is a flying gym. i would train up a strong rock type.

well i would certainly add a water type to your team. maybe kindra if you have a pokemon with compound eyes you can fish for horsea with dragon scale easily.

Kindra

Ability:swift swim

Surf

dragon pulse

Rain dance

Icy wind

Well i would add breed a better charizard if you could and ev train in speed and sp atk and give em this move set

Charizard

Ability:Blaze

Dragon pulse

Heat wave

Flamethrower

Air slash

but i don't think you would want to waste time trying to breed so just teach your charizard air slash via heart scale and replace flare blitz/ fire spin.

well i would also add a fighting type into your team so you can handle the ice type blake is gonna throw at you at the 3X 2v2 battle.A Scrafty with moxie will do.

Scrafty

Ability: Moxie

High jump kick

Crunch

Facade(dragon dance if you are breeding)

Brick Break(drain punch if u are planing to breed)

Oh A strong rock type would be Archeops. he would 100% be useful in the flying gym.

Acheops

Ability: Defeatist

Acrobatics

Rock slide

Dragon Claw

U-turn

More pokemons to consider adding to you team:

Alakazam

Ability:Magic guard/Synchronize

Psychic

Grass knot

Calm mind

Shadow ball(if you completed shade at episode 14 and got it as a tm reward if not just put Future Sight)

Delphox

Ability: Magician

Physhock

Physchic

shadow ball

Flamethrower

Mamoswine

Ability:Snow clock/Thick fat

Ice shard

Icicle crash

Earthquake

Mist( mist is an awesome move in reborn cause you can change the field using mist)

Wasn't expecting answer this long. Thank you for spending your time writing it. Alakazam and kingdra sounds nice. Always wanted Alakazam in other games ,but i never had anyone to trade it with. Acheops will help with flying gym and mamoswine would certainly help my team with ice attacks. I have a question : how compound eyes can help me fish for horsea with dragonscale ? Is that some hidden game mechanic ? Sorry if this was explained somewhere i just don't get it.

As far as Charizard with dragon pulse goes, I have charmanders with tht moveset and perfect IVs (yes, I am willing to give them away). I'd suggest water/ice moon (there's plenty of choice in the ametrine). Scrafty is a good choice, although you could also go with breelom.

Give away ? You mean save games or there is some trading mechanic i am not aware of ?

For now, trading is done manually. There are people that know how to edit save files, and right now, if you want to trade you give your save file, and your trading partner's save file, over to those people. They edit each person's save file, and return yours to you, with your new pokemon and without the one you traded away.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11523

And we are scheduled to get real ingame trading with ep16, but who knows when the ep will come out.

For now, trading is done manually. There are people that know how to edit save files, and right now, if you want to trade you give your save file, and your trading partner's save file, over to those people. They edit each person's save file, and return yours to you, with your new pokemon and without the one you traded away.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11523

And we are scheduled to get real ingame trading with ep16, but who knows when the ep will come out.

I must say this game have very nice community. Thanks for the offer but without anything worth trading for Your's charmander this feels like cheating to me. I enjoy good challange :).

well compound eyes increases chance of finding a pokemon with item. yes it is a hidden mechanic like how flame body speeds up egg hatching. well in this game you don't need to trade to get alakazam you could but i rather use link stone. Also i was planing to type more pokemons for suggestion but will save that for later if you need it.i did not want to type a wall of text (kinda did hehe).

well compound eyes increases chance of finding a pokemon with item. yes it is a hidden mechanic like how flame body speeds up egg hatching. well in this game you don't need to trade to get alakazam you could but i rather use link stone. Also i was planing to type more pokemons for suggestion but will save that for later if you need it.i did not want to type a wall of text (kinda did hehe).

I dug up on wiki how compound eyes work and just now got horsea with dragon scale. Your wall of text is full of valuable information to me. By all means if you have any suggestions please share. I will gladly read them tomorrow :)

woohoo glad you caught a horsea with dragon scale. ok as requested incoming wall of text. breedig is key to most good pokemon so i suggest you to read this guide here to learn the basics of breeeding.

well here are a few more choices for water types you can consider putting in your team. most do not need breeding cause they are can be captured easily at ameterine mountain or citrine mountain and diving. only the physical water type listed here are not available for capture from ameterine/citrine mountain. to avoid making a wall of text i place spoiler tags so it would look a little neater.

Special Atk water types:

Milotic

Ability:Competitive

surf( can be replaced with scald if you wanna breed in episode 12)

Icy wind(move tutor,can be replaced with ice beam if you breed in episode 12)

Dragon pulse(egg move)

Recover

Lapras

Ability: Water absorb

Surf(can be replaced with scald)

Ice beam

Freeze Dry(egg move)

Dragon pulse( breeding,can be replaced with thunderbolt if you breed in episode 12)

Lanturn

Ability:Volt absorb

Discharge

Signal Beam

Icy wind(ice beam if you wanna breed in episode 12)

Surf

Clawitzer

Ability:Mega launcher

Dark pulse

Dragon pulse

Water pulse

Aura sphere

Physical atk water types:

Azumarill

Ability:Huge power

Aqua jet(egg move)

Belly drum(egg move)

Superpower( can be replaced with waterfall if you don't want coverage)

Play Rough

Carracosta

Ability:Rock solid

Aqua jet(can be replaced with waterfall)

Shell smash

Aqua Tail(can be replaced with waterfall)

Rock Slide

Barbaracle

Ability:Tough Claws

Item: wide lens

Razor shell

shell smash

Stone edge

Cross Chop

Now for other rock type you can make just to beat Ciel the flying gym leader.

Special Atk Rock types:

Aurorus

Ability:Refrigerate

Freeze Dry

Hyper beam

Ancient Power

Ice beam

Physical Atk rock type

Carracosta(see physical atk water for move set)

Barbaracle(see physical atk water for move set)

Aggron

Ability:Rock head/sturdy

Double-Edge(replace with iron tail if not running rock head)

Head smash(egg move, replace with rock slide when not running rock head)

Iron head

Brick break

Rampardos

Ability: sheer force

Zen headbutt

Head smash

Iron head(egg move, can be replaced with iron tail move tutor)

Rock tomb(Tm gotten from the water treatment plant after you complete it and can surf around)

Tyrantrum

Ability: Rock head

Head smash

Dragon claw

Earthquake

Rock slide

Hmm i think that is all for now dont want to make my post too long.

woohoo glad you caught a horsea with dragon scale. ok as requested incoming wall of text. breedig is key to most good pokemon so i suggest you to read this guide here to learn the basics of breeeding.

well here are a few more choices for water types you can consider putting in your team. most do not need breeding cause they are can be captured easily at ameterine mountain or citrine mountain and diving. only the physical water type listed here are not available for capture from ameterine/citrine mountain. to avoid making a wall of text i place spoiler tags so it would look a little neater.

Special Atk water types:

Milotic

Ability:Competitive

surf( can be replaced with scald if you wanna breed in episode 12)

Icy wind(move tutor,can be replaced with ice beam if you breed in episode 12)

Dragon pulse(egg move)

Recover

Lapras

Ability: Water absorb

Surf(can be replaced with scald)

Ice beam

Freeze Dry(egg move)

Dragon pulse( breeding,can be replaced with thunderbolt if you breed in episode 12)

Lanturn

Ability:Volt absorb

Discharge

Signal Beam

Icy wind(ice beam if you wanna breed in episode 12)

Surf

Clawitzer

Ability:Mega launcher

Dark pulse

Dragon pulse

Water pulse

Aura sphere

Physical atk water types:

Azumarill

Ability:Huge power

Aqua jet(egg move)

Belly drum(egg move)

Superpower( can be replaced with waterfall if you don't want coverage)

Play Rough

Carracosta

Ability:Rock solid

Aqua jet(can be replaced with waterfall)

Shell smash

Aqua Tail(can be replaced with waterfall)

Rock Slide

Barbaracle

Ability:Tough Claws

Item: wide lens

Razor shell

shell smash

Stone edge

Cross Chop

Now for other rock type you can make just to beat Ciel the flying gym leader.

Special Atk Rock types:

Aurorus

Ability:Refrigerate

Freeze Dry

Hyper beam

Ancient Power

Ice beam

Physical Atk rock type

Carracosta(see physical atk water for move set)

Barbaracle(see physical atk water for move set)

Aggron

Ability:Rock head/sturdy

Double-Edge(replace with iron tail if not running rock head)

Head smash(egg move, replace with rock slide when not running rock head)

Iron head

Brick break

Rampardos

Ability: sheer force

Zen headbutt

Head smash

Iron head(egg move, can be replaced with iron tail move tutor)

Rock tomb(Tm gotten from the water treatment plant after you complete it and can surf around)

Tyrantrum

Ability: Rock head

Head smash

Dragon claw

Earthquake

Rock slide

Hmm i think that is all for now dont want to make my post too long.

Clawitzer and Aggron caught my eye immediately. What IV's should i look for them and what ev distribution should i train them in ?