YAY Laptop Shopping!!!! -.-

Darvan Korematsu

Heyo guys. I dunno who exactly is a real computer whiz out here in Reborn, but I have a dilemma I dunno how to solve.

So the problem is that my Toshiba Satellite from 2006 has been gradually rotting away in quality since 2012. Over the summer, I tried making it a little better by adding an extra GB of RAM, to bump it up to a whopping 2 GB in RAM. So yeah, that amounted to absolutely nothing. L

What finally did me in was trying to download free Microsoft Office through my school, but the operating system is too old to accept it, and all the system requirements don't even graze the bottom of the bar.

Basically, I need a new laptop, but I don't know where to start honestly, except for the basic brand and basic specs.

I need something for light to lightly-moderate gaming, but mostly for work for school. I'd prefer a PC with Windows 7 or 8, because I've heard that Windows 10 is very sketchy with the whole storing stuff on the Cloud affair.

I'd also like a PC, because I've always been a PC guy. Would like at least 4 GB of RAM, and at least 2 gHz of processing power. Maybe a CD drive, although not needed, and 2 USB ports at least. That's at least the bare bones of what I am looking for.

Also a price range of around $450 and give or take about $100. Could I hear what to look for, or any suggestions? I'd appreciate any response.

Heyo guys. I dunno who exactly is a real computer whiz out here in Reborn, but I have a dilemma I dunno how to solve.

So the problem is that my Toshiba Satellite from 2006 has been gradually rotting away in quality since 2012. Over the summer, I tried making it a little better by adding an extra GB of RAM, to bump it up to a whopping 2 GB in RAM. So yeah, that amounted to absolutely nothing. L

What finally did me in was trying to download free Microsoft Office through my school, but the operating system is too old to accept it, and all the system requirements don't even graze the bottom of the bar.

Basically, I need a new laptop, but I don't know where to start honestly, except for the basic brand and basic specs.

I need something for light to lightly-moderate gaming, but mostly for work for school. I'd prefer a PC with Windows 7 or 8, because I've heard that Windows 10 is very sketchy with the whole storing stuff on the Cloud affair.

I'd also like a PC, because I've always been a PC guy. Would like at least 4 GB of RAM, and at least 2 gHz of processing power. Maybe a CD drive, although not needed, and 2 USB ports at least. That's at least the bare bones of what I am looking for.

Also a price range of around $450 and give or take about $100. Could I hear what to look for, or any suggestions? I'd appreciate any response.

What do you mean by light to moderate gaming? Too me that sort of says something that can handle something like visual novels, but probably cant deal with something like second generation gaming (ps2 games etc)

In which case you could probably get laptop like that for like $400, the work aspect of it it shouldnt be a problem either

Edited by White

how about instead of a laptop, you get yourself a nice little monitor set~

doesnt have to be this fancy ass nvidia something something with like 9000 tb space and god knows how many ram and razer everything and like 5 monitors, you can get a fairly cheap 1 monitor set!

some suggestions:

bump your budget a little higher? if you can (to maybe something like 750-1000 ish, 500 still works, its just your not gonna get the best things)

focus a good amount of your budget (100-200) to a good graphics card! if you are gonna be doing a little bit of gaming, you need a good graphics card, such as nvidia or amd (DO NOT! i repeat DO NOT get intel. please.)

for the monitor, if you are getting one (which is the reccomended number for your budget) get a 20'' - 24'' screen size one! if your budget allows two of them, get 18-20'' size ones!

for you, i do recommend a good 750 GB to 1.5 TB of space! you will most likely need ti for your gaming adventures!!1

RAM: a good place to get it, is around 16-48 GB of ram! you said you werent doing any serious gaming, so that should work! however, if you an get higher, go for it

keyboard: it really depends on you, since you will most likely be focusing on other aspects of the computer, just get one that does the job :P, if you are willing to invest in one of these, i recommend razer as a brand as they deliver quality products!

mouse: see keyboard description

(i really dont know much about motherboards and coolers :C uhh just get something where you have a decent amount of usb thingys :P)

case: dont worry too much about cases. they are dirt cheap lol. (unless you are planning on getting those realy cool led lights one XD)

good luck man!