Is this worth raising and will there ever be nature changers?

coralchu

I know they aren't available right now, but does anyone know whether there are plans to add nature changers in later versions? I caught a shiny Spewpa with IVs ranging from 18-24 across the board (except for 13 speed). I know I can change its ability from Friend Guard once I get an ability capsule, but it has a quiet nature, which I expect will hurt it a lot.

So yeah. Does anyone suppose I'll be able to use nature changers at any point? Also, is it worth raising this Spewpa? (I'm playing on normal mode.)

Thanks. (Hopefully I'm not asking too many questions here... I just started the game yesterday and I have so many questions...)

• Veterans

Mmmm, well the IV's aren't that great, and as far as I know there's no nature changer in the game as of right now, nor do I know whether there's gonna be one in V7 or not.

It's nice that it's a shiny, but I'd still try to see if I could find a pokemon with better IV's, bc if the nature is poor, it's going to lag behind and it won't be much use like that.

Imo, I'd say try it out if it's any good, but I have a feeling it's not going to be that much of a help like this. I'd probably go for a pokemon with better IV's :V

Edited by Zumi

Thanks; I might do that. Besides, I haven't evolved a regular Spewpa yet so I don't know how normal Vivillon will look (though I do quite like the shiny's wing pattern). Well I don't think the IVs are that bad seeing as I can't breed yet (are they? I don't know...) and its ability changed to compoundeyes just now when I evolved it.

But yeah, that nature and speed IV combo is bothering me seeing as Vivillon has the defenses of a wet paper towel...

Edited by coralchu

Shiny ratio is pretty high, so you might come across more than once in your playthrough~ There is a chance of having purified shadow Vivillon, it always has good IVs~ Running Vivillon with that IV and hindering nature is still doable though, once it has access to compound eyes and quiver dance~ You can specifically invest speed EVs, may still outspeed many mons and spam sleep powder to cripple major threats, namely even Gigalith etc~