Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

$500 guy

Tempo17

Question

So I introduced this game to my friend who really wanted a magikarp on his team to get a gyrados. I told him that it was axed a while ago but he didn't believe me and paid the money to the guy. Now he's all pissed that he was ripped off. I never did this sidequest but do you get anything for finding the guy?

7 answers to this question

You DO get a pokemon for finishing that sidequest, but if your friend was expecting a magikarp, he's gonna be SORELY disappointed.

Edit: Actually, I think as of now, it's been changed so that the sidequest is unfinished. It used to be that you'd get ducklett, but up to episode 15 you won't actually get a pokemon from it anymore (I think it will probably be magikarp when the sidequest gets finished though).

Edited by Alou

Yup you used to get a Magikarp. Magikarp will eventually return, however; your friend cannot access it at the moment. Some Water-Types I recommend are: Omastar, Swanna, Jellicent, Ludicolo, Azumarill, Lapras, Walrein, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, and others. #pigswag

When did she say that??

Somewhere in the Episode 16 discussion thread I think. I might be remembering wrong. I'll go check and see if I can find a quote.

Edit: She didn't exactly say it. She just agreed with the guy being referred to as the Magikarp salesman. Then the thread decided that that meant Magikarp confirmed.

Edited by mde2001

So I introduced this game to my friend who really wanted a magikarp on his team to get a gyrados. I told him that it was axed a while ago but he didn't believe me and paid the money to the guy. Now he's all pissed that he was ripped off. I never did this sidequest but do you get anything for finding the guy?

go for crawdaunt i one shot everything with it