Assistance with Kiki

trippineverywhere

Basically, I just started playing Pokemon Reborn again and had to start over and immediately noticed a lot of the pokemon changes (mostly giving me a disappointed feeling) and now I've finally (mostly) gotten used to it and have made my way to Kiki's gym. The problem is now I am about to cross over the level cap and still can't manage to take out half of her pokemon.

As of right now, my main team consists of:

Luxray: Lv 41

Thunder Fang
Swagger

Spark

Bite

Munna: Lv 42

Hypnosis

Future Sight

Psybeam

Psychic

Torterra: Lv 41

Tackle

Earthquake

Bite

Razor Leaf

Growlithe: Lv 37 (I need to train her up a little more.)

Reversal

Fire Fang

Flame Burst

Flamethrower

Goldeen: Lv 31 (I've been slacking with her also, and am training her up as of now.)

Aqua Ring

Water Pulse

Supersonic

Fury Attack

Obviously, my main problems are having a weak fire and water type, but even so, it won't drastically improve my chances once they get caught up. I need a flying type, but I would have assumed that I would have been able to catch a Zubat/Golbat and evolve it into a Crobat by now.

Any tips with strengthening my team would be greatly appreciated, and also if it's possible to catch a Zubat/Golbat right now, please let me know. Thanks!

as far as i know... zubat can only be caught in the glitch world... and thats pre 12th badge :/

i would suggest murkrow/swoobat/pidgeot etc... as they are good flying types early game!

also level up the other mons in your team.... i see a lvl 31 with a lvl 42 mon lel

good luck!

I was able to take out Kiki with pretty much just Psychic attacks, but I'm sure that you tried that already... if you haven't, try starting out with Munna and seeing how you fare.

I know Kiki specializes in Fighting Types, so naturally they're weak against... what are they... Psychic, Fairy and Flying types? What Pokemon does she have that does especially well at sweeping your team? Think of what weaknesses there you can exploit. If you manage to put one of her Pokemon to sleep, perhaps you could try setting up a Future Sight or two before abruptly attacking the resting beast. It could help knock out or apply heavy damage to a few of her Pokemon, especially if they're particularly bulky.

She is also one of those gym leaders where you don't receive a badge right after you beat her, and will have to go through QUITE a bit of story progression before you can actually raise your Cap, so just try not to do too much, but you have played through this once before, so you should already know that.

Sorry if I'm not that much help, I'm just now starting my second run and I'm only up to Corey, not QUITE back to Kiki yet.

You can get Zubat on Azurine Island which is still after the gym but before the glitch world.

Munna is pretty awful in terms of psychic types. I'd train up a gothitha or Meowstic. I feel your pain about Kiki though. I (before I learned that I needed to adapt) beat her with an Unpheazant. I had like 50 attempts before I beat her.

If you need help with Gym leaders in the future there is a thread pinned in Team Showcase called The Official Gym Leader Help Thread which you should go to.

Good luck with Kiki

Edited by mde2001

Thank you all! And I apologize for posting this in the wrong area at first.

Going to grab the Espurr that I somehow forgot to get in Peridot,,

And I have a Pidgey that needs to be trained up also, along with my Goldeen and Growlithe.

Time to spend the whole night grinding hah.

Can't wait to grab that Zubat.... I'm closer than I thought I'd be for it.