'Mirror Field Effect'

Jackkkkk_

You can get a scrafty indeed. That thing can OHKO at least 50% of Serra's team with HJK, and all of them possibly with moxie boost. Get an Arcanine, another fire option. Litleo and Magnezone as already suggested.

The team you see on my signature's card is what I used against Serra and had to reset only once because I had a bad lead. As you can see, it's ridden with things that are weak to ice, even quadruple, yet it wasn't hard.

As for your team- Smack Down on Greninja can help you, Donphan can help you(train it up if it gets 1shot) , your Houndoom, I'm not so sure, Houndoom was never among the super good fire or dark types, but fire is fire. Ghosts probably won't do much so you can replace them with any of the suggested mons . Hypno as well, I'm not sure what it can do or can't do. My poison run's Nidoking helped me a lot vs Serra regardless of being weak to Ice so consider that too, over ghosts or hypno

Edited by Masquerain

Just saying, I'd avoid scraggy for this fight. Really would be going for a makuhita with thick fat as its ability instead. Serra's evasion means Scrafty will lose 75% of its health for missing HJK on this field, which is highly likely due to brightpowder, snow cloak and screens giving an evasion boost. Hariyama with thick fat and the attack vital throw will ensure at least a few of serra's pokemon will be felled on the field.

Really consider magneton, it will make things a lot easier.

I just caught my magnemite and evolved it into Magneton, can you still evolve it into Magnezone in the Abandoned Powerplant or has the evolution location changed?

You can't evolve Magneton into Magnezone until you have the Green Crystal Plug and the Yureyu Key, which is after Serra.

The Tepig from the volcano has seemed very helpfull to me both with Serra and Noel! Heat Crash and Hammer Arm destroyed most of her pokes. Also had Fire Pledge for physical defensive mons and to combine it with my Serperior's Grass Pledge.

I also had Arcanine for back up with Flare Blitz and Heat Wave, but only used it against Jynx.

Scrafty is also a good choice, especially if it has Dragon Dance. Also Brick Break may be better than HJK cause it can break the screens Serra sets.

Every good special attacker with Nature Power can help too.

But getting rid off the field with EQ or Boomburst is usally the easiest way!!!

well u can get a better fire type like a darmanitan. get darumaka by trading a measly luvdisc @ Apophyll Academy.

Darmanitan have super power at lvl 47 and decent fire type moves. plus it has sheer force ability which awesome and he has decent speed too.

hmm well i would break the field to make it easier. And the perfect person to do it is Quagsire. yes quagsire is slow but it can least take some ice hits due to its water typing so u wont get 1 shotted. Quagsire also learn EQ at lvl 35 and u can find them at azurine island at round lvl 30-35. u might also consider a camerupt a decent fire and ground which also has EQ but not so early at lvl 50 i think but yeah i will still stick with quagsire easy to find easy, learns Eq fast easy to train just spam kill the marcargo at mt pyronus.

here is what i would do:

Lead with Quagsire. EQ the field if quagsire can kill the first pokemon bannett/serra send out good if not just let it die as it did its job of getting rid of the field.send in fire type to beat bannett team and send in moxie jolly scarfty to beat serra team. if cant beat the 3X lvl 50 pangoro than get a hariyama to beat serra or get a darmanitan to kill 2 birds with 1 stone since darmanitan has super power which is a decent fighting type atk.

Edited by Luna

This was by far the hardest part of the game for me so far. it took me like a month because I actually quit. I beat it by getting my delphox to a crazy high level (so it could one shot the entire team) and then restarted until I got lucky with the whole ("turned away"/"ignored orders") thing, ( as well as accuracy.. huge problem with those guys..) My banette was useless and made me want to cry. It literally just kept missing all it's moves and killing itself on the mirrors...

well u can get a better fire type like a darmanitan. get darumaka by trading a measly luvdisc @ Apophyll Academy.

Darmanitan have super power at lvl 47 and decent fire type moves. plus it has sheer force ability which awesome and he has decent speed too.

hmm well i would break the field to make it easier. And the perfect person to do it is Quagsire. yes quagsire is slow but it can least take some ice hits due to its water typing so u wont get 1 shotted. Quagsire also learn EQ at lvl 35 and u can find them at azurine island at round lvl 30-35. u might also consider a camerupt a decent fire and ground which also has EQ but not so early at lvl 50 i think but yeah i will still stick with quagsire easy to find easy, learns Eq fast easy to train just spam kill the marcargo at mt pyronus.

here is what i would do:

Lead with Quagsire. EQ the field if quagsire can kill the first pokemon bannett/serra send out good if not just let it die as it did its job of getting rid of the field.send in fire type to beat bannett team and send in moxie jolly scarfty to beat serra team. if cant beat the 3X lvl 50 pangoro than get a hariyama to beat serra or get a darmanitan to kill 2 birds with 1 stone since darmanitan has super power which is a decent fighting type atk.

What's banett? do you the bug guy benett or the pokemon banette? (neither of them are involved in that battle are they? 0_0)

What's banett? do you the bug guy benett or the pokemon banette? (neither of them are involved in that battle are they? 0_0)

Given the context, I assume that Luna meant Bennett, the bug guy. No, Bennett's not involved in Serra's battle, but the OP was complaining about getting swept by a Dustox, which would have been on Bennett's team. Also, please refrain from double-posting in the future.

yeah bennett the bug guy hehe kinda spelt his name wrong my bad. but yeah the with the new update u have to battle bennett on the mirror arena which boost signal beam dmg by 1.5 and makes it nvr miss.

This was by far the hardest part of the game for me so far. it took me like a month because I actually quit. I beat it by getting my delphox to a crazy high level (so it could one shot the entire team) and then restarted until I got lucky with the whole ("turned away"/"ignored orders") thing, ( as well as accuracy.. huge problem with those guys..) My banette was useless and made me want to cry. It literally just kept missing all it's moves and killing itself on the mirrors...

naw u dont need to grind yer pokemons to high lvls and gamble on them 1 shotting. just get rid of the annoying field.

In my Psychic mono, Delphox basically swept both Bennett and Serra. It was far easier than my Fighting one. Bennett gave me hell then due to accuracy and field damage.

For me, the Mirror Gym was actually one of the easiest, second only to the Chess one (that I cleared on my first try). Remember, the mirrors reflect all the special moves so they can never miss (if a Special Move misses, the mirror reflects it, gives it a 1.5x power boost and makes it hit anyways); Just get a fast fire type (you can get Pansear uner Opal Bridge when it's raining) and spam Flamethrower/Heatwave/Flame Burst !

Well, Delphox's SpAtk, while good, isn't exceptional (114) so if it was bad natured, it explains why you had so much trouble :P

For other people looking to take on this gym, catching a Klink/Magnemite in Shade's gym is also an option cause the field boosts Mirror Shot (not sure Klink learns it, tho) by a lot.

It was +Atk, -SpA

That might very well explain my ragequit.

To this day, my delphox is still to high levelled.

And I can't change it's nature because I'm locked in the top with no psychologist Atm.

Man, this nature. Good luck anyway.

And about the scrafty, I used this guy and it was marvelous for me.

So... :3

I wonder if the bad nature of my delphox influenced my innability to easily kill ice-types with fire-type moves while remaining under the level cap..

Okay, well I had a beneficial nature and I had a lot of SpA EVs on mine...