Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Quick Q. About the Growlithe Egg

Kaiser the great

Question

8 answers to this question

I believe the event starts once the officers have returned to the station after the event with Corey at his gym.

You can trade with the police officer whenever you have the Growlithe egg on you. You have to trade it to him as an egg, if it is hatched, he won't take it.

The egg you get from the officer is locked in when you created your save file. So whatever hatches from the egg is what you are stuck with no matter how many times you load back.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

I believe you can get it before Corey if you do it right after rescuing all five policemen (right after you receive the Growlithe), but yes, you must talk to the other guy to start the event.

I believe you can get it before Corey if you do it right after rescuing all five policemen (right after you receive the Growlithe), but yes, you must talk to the other guy to start the event.

If you find all the officers before Corey though, don't they become trainers in his gym, because of the poison?

I'm assuming maybe you can't get it before Corey then.

I'm just guessing though. I've never tested it.

If you find all the officers before Corey though, don't they become trainers in his gym, because of the poison?

I'm assuming maybe you can't get it before Corey then.

I'm just guessing though. I've never tested it.

If you find all the officers before Corey, they do become trainers in his Gym. You can still get the Mystery Egg before beating Corey though. I got it before the Beryl PULSE.