Fan games

Damage

I've seen across the forums a lot of fang games since I started playing Reborn. Honestly Reborn was my second fan made game that I played. The first was Liquid Crystal which was better than standard poke games but most of the standard games never delivered on difficulty. Then Reborn comes out and bam first time I heard and used a curse word while playing the pokemon games (barring hey you pikachu... because that little d-bag.... back to topic) and it made me think of and see really cool ways to deviate from the standard mold. One thing I always wondered with the silent protagonist is what if he/she/xe declined the idea of battling gyms. I mean realistically there are people who strive to be good at things and don't enter competitions... something called hobbies or whatever. Anyway what I've looking for is that. A game where the protagonist just goes on a journey. Doesn't have to save the world but can if the mob is acting up and a 10 year old is needed. Honest trailer references aside, thoughts?

I'm curious what the plot of this game would entail if it's not "beat up Mafia, collect badges, profit". Maybe we could actually do what the professor wants us to do for once and collect all the pokemon in the region... but still that wouldn't fly if it was the end goal of the entire game

Well Mr. Damage if your looking for something of that calibir why not try pokemon goodra? it may not be exactly what you are looking for but it does differ from standard pokemon precedings, you don't have to get the badges or challenge gyms at all if you wish. You can persue the life of a scientist or a millitary leader or some other options!

Well details aplenty huh? I think maybe a mix of Pokemon and Skyrim where there is some overarching story of an out of control pokemon or maybe keeping an evil team around isn't bad. But why the hunt for badges. I feel like that sounds more fun than it is. If I had a fire breathing dragon or a kick boxing chicken I wouldn't care how it stacked up against anything because I had a fire breathing dragon or kick boxing chicken. Maybe just an open world where you get fly early and go on random missions and team up with the people from the character's home town until BAM plot happens... or thickens.

If I had the drive and RPG Maker XP, I would try to create a Pokemon game where you are a member of a shadowy organization trying to bring down a corrupt government. In-game choices would be included, with various possible endings. But this is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Tried looking for pokemon Goodra and no luck. I can't say exactly what would work but if I could I'd be writing for Hollywood haha. The poke formula is tried and true so maybe I'm wanting a lot by asking for something that can break the mold and work better than what's lasted for like two decades. Also without constant mini goals it would be hard to manage leveling but then again a lot of RPGs do it so who knows right? Gym leaders are fun but I think if a ten year old embarks on a journey or in more recent cases young adolescent that there would be a few who just want to travel and find an adventure. Personally speaking I've played sports and even when young I never had any dreams of going pro, not out of fear but because it was something I liked to do. Looking for people better than me was just fun.